PDA

View Full Version : Bad Creek

Goosedog
10-12-2007, 06:58 AM
Anyone know (Terry maybe) if the Bad Creek dirt roads that are open for hunters this time of year, go all the way through to that road that comes out at the Bob's place on 178? I'm trying to put a supermoto ride together and want to get from Hwy281/130 over to 178 and stay off Hwy11, dirt is fine we all don't mind a little corner drifting. :thumbsup:
________
BMW V specifications (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_V)

Desmo Demon
10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Anyone know (Terry maybe) if the Bad Creek dirt roads that are open for hunters this time of year, go all the way through to that road that comes out at the Bob's place on 178? I'm trying to put a supermoto ride together and want to get from Hwy251 over to 178 and stay off Hwy11, dirt is fine we all don't mind a little corner drifting. :thumbsup:

You talking about Hwy 281/130 over to Hwy 178 without hitting Hwy 11?

I have no idea on the hunters trails (some of them are actual "roads" that are dirt or gravel), but I'd probably bet that you cannot go from 130 over to 178 without hitting 11 for some of the route. I'd be interested in knowing, though. All the roads that I know of that spur off of Cleo Chapman/Eastatoe Creek Rd (the one that goes from Bob's Place/Scatterbrains to Hwy 11) are all dead ends. Nothing should route between the two roads you want in SC because of Lake Jocassee.

Have you planned a route in the past using North Mills River Rd to one of the national forest road off of the BRP? (It's near Hwy 151 and the BRP). At the North Mills River Recreational Area you can continue to take another national forest road over to Hwy 276, over by the Pink Beds, I believe.

There is also a nice, long dirt/gravel road that ties Hwy 107 in SC with Hwy 28 in Georgia. I think it is called Burrells Ford Rd and goes past a recreational area.

To skip out on a lot of Hwy 11 between those two points, from Hwy 130, I often will take a right on Hwy 133, go about 4-5 miles and take a left onto Shadey Grove Rd on the curve with the store on your left, go about 1-3 miles and make a left onto Little Eastatoe Rd. This road will take you to Hwy 11 where you cross over 11 onto Eastatoe Creek Rd to Cleo Chapman Rd and take that over to Hwy 178 at Bob's Place. It's some zig-zagging, and about 5 miles on Hwy 11, but it's better than all of it being on 11. ;)

Goosedog
10-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah I definately know the dirt roads up off Mills river CG, that's just two miles from my house. And we're not wanting dirt roads exclusively, just don't mind them to connect pavement to pavement.

I've got this next SM trip for our group all but nailed down with one small section unknown. How to connect the upper part of 178 back over to 64 near 281. The map shows secondarys like Old Toxaway Rd to Frozen Creek Rd to Government road to 64.

Any experience with that route Terry? Or maybe Nancey Mount Rd just below that? We want to get further west with as little time on 64 as possible.
________
CS2x (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_CS2x)

Desmo Demon
10-15-2007, 08:04 AM
Any experience with that route Terry? Or maybe Nancey Mount Rd just below that? We want to get further west with as little time on 64 as possible.
I'm not familiar with too many dirt or gravel roads and don't know of any route to stay off of Hwy 64 between 178 and 281....but I sure wish I did, especially if they were paved. ;)

Goosedog
10-15-2007, 10:58 AM
I'll post whatever I find. :)
________
AMX (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/AMC_AMX)

Goosedog
10-16-2007, 08:46 PM
You probably know this one Terry, I found it today after work. Take Old Toxaway Rd near the top of 178 over to Frozen Creek Rd and back out to 64. It's a fun way to take a chunk out of the 178/64 corner if you're heading north on 178 trying to get to the top of 281. Super tight in places and rough pavement though...perfect for the motard.
________
Chevrolet Groove specifications (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_Groove)

Desmo Demon
10-17-2007, 07:55 AM
You probably know this one Terry, I found it today after work. Take Old Toxaway Rd near the top of 178 over to Frozen Creek Rd and back out to 64. It's a fun way to take a chunk out of the 178/64 corner if you're heading north on 178 trying to get to the top of 281. Super tight in places and rough pavement though...perfect for the motard.
That's the one that goes toward The Wilds, right?.....Then when you get back on Hwy 64, shoot left and make a right just past the Citgo. There is a route (making two turns, IIRC) involving Silverstein Road that will take you midway up 215 to the Parkway.

If you want a nice, tight, perfect for a motard road.....Charlie's Creek near Pinhook Campground. ;)

Goosedog
10-17-2007, 08:52 PM
If you want a nice, tight, perfect for a motard road.....Charlie's Creek near Pinhook Campground. ;)

Been there, done that one......yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaa:thumbsup:
________
starcraft replays (http://screplays.com/replays)

Desmo Demon
10-18-2007, 09:19 AM
Been there, done that one......yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaa:thumbsup:
I figured you had. There wasn't much gravel on it this past Sunday, and the group that we were riding with had a really nice pace and rhythm going on it. It was probably the best run I've had on that road.