PDA

View Full Version : New to area, is there any friggin bodt out there?

Freaky D
01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm fairly new to the area. I've been riding for about 8 years. It seems that whenever I move it's to a place that has a smaller biker community than the last place. I started in Detroit.

Anyway I'm looking for some folks to head out with every now and then. I would lead a ride but I have no clue where to go. I'm a biker chick that misses her old crew and really wants to find a new one.

Are there any groups around that hang together, do the ride, lunch, hang out thing?

C.R.S.
01-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm fairly new to the area. I've been riding for about 8 years. It seems that whenever I move it's to a place that has a smaller biker community than the last place. I started in Detroit.

Anyway I'm looking for some folks to head out with every now and then. I would lead a ride but I have no clue where to go. I'm a biker chick that misses her old crew and really wants to find a new one.

Are there any groups around that hang together, do the ride, lunch, hang out thing?

Welcome to CR!

Theres a small group of us that meet up at HWY11 & HWY178 in Pickens and hit the Mountain Twistees just about every weekend depending upon the weather! Your more than welcome, be glad to show you some of the Fun Roads up this way. If you know of anyone else bring'em up!

During the Spring/Summer Hooters on Laurens Road (Greenville) has Wednesday Bike Nite, and Hooters in Anderson has Thursday Bike Nite.
Good Mix of Sport & Cruisers. Crowd may get a little rowdy but not too bad!

Biker Nite Friday's held at Back Yard Burgers off of Congaree Rd in Greenville.
Mostly cruiser folks and real easy going / Non Alcoholic.

You may want to visit the Greenville CycleGear and they may know of some folks.

The Columbia Crowd has a strong group and meet up regularly during the week.

If you wanna ride, just post up in the Greenville Section. There's few of us up this way!

Ride Safe,

Wolfman
01-22-2008, 07:32 PM
Welcome to CR

As stated, there are quite a few active riders. I ride most every weekend year round. I do a lot of all day rides to the mountains. Keep an eye on the Columbia Thread for rides as well

Freaky D
01-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Welcome to CR!

Theres a small group of us that meet up at HWY11 & HWY178 in Pickens and hit the Mountain Twistees just about every weekend depending upon the weather! Your more than welcome, be glad to show you some of the Fun Roads up this way. If you know of anyone else bring'em up!

During the Spring/Summer Hooters on Laurens Road (Greenville) has Wednesday Bike Nite, and Hooters in Anderson has Thursday Bike Nite.
Good Mix of Sport & Cruisers. Crowd may get a little rowdy but not too bad!

Biker Nite Friday's held at Back Yard Burgers off of Congaree Rd in Greenville.
Mostly cruiser folks and real easy going / Non Alcoholic.

You may want to visit the Greenville CycleGear and they may know of some folks.

The Columbia Crowd has a strong group and meet up regularly during the week.

If you wanna ride, just post up in the Greenville Section. There's few of us up this way!

Ride Safe,

Thank you!!! You have given me more info than I have been able to get from any source since I moved here.

I have been to Cycle Gear twice. Both times when I left I went the wrong way! There is a little jog in the roads there that is weird when you're new here.

Anyway, I'll be sure to check out some bike nights when it's warmer. I want to meet some of ya out there. I'd like to join some rides eventually. I'm a fairly laid back rider until I get used to a road and the other riders then I can open up some. Hell, I have new tires with plenty of chicken strips left to scrub in so I'll be anxious.

Dilliw
01-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Hey there.

Like Wolfman I'm from the Columbia area, but to get to the good roads we drive right through your neck of the woods. Be sure to check out the Columbia board too and watch for rides up your way; WeKneeDragger lives in Simpsonville meets up with the Cola group on the way to the hills.

C.R.S.
01-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Thank you!!! You have given me more info than I have been able to get from any source since I moved here.

I have been to Cycle Gear twice. Both times when I left I went the wrong way! There is a little jog in the roads there that is weird when you're new here.

Anyway, I'll be sure to check out some bike nights when it's warmer. I want to meet some of ya out there. I'd like to join some rides eventually. I'm a fairly laid back rider until I get used to a road and the other riders then I can open up some. Hell, I have new tires with plenty of chicken strips left to scrub in so I'll be anxious.

If you like Drag Racing and Slammed Bikes, During the Summer they are drag races held in Greer just off of 14 outside of Greer.
Mid-summer (July) Ware Shoals down HWY25 south of Greenville and between Greenwood theres a pretty festive crowd at this drag strip. I went a couple of years and had a Good Time. Rode the old TLS and some of the old timers thought it was Duc, but I explained it was poor man's Duc.
They Kackled pretty hard!

Theres a good mix of folks at the Store on Saturday's and Sunday's.

Theres the KneePuc folks who are really quick and know 178 very well. These guys do quite a few track days and are fun to watch.
When the Knee Pucks come by just move over to the right and let'm by, they normally wont stuff you into a corner!

Theres us regulars usually over 35 (some over 45) we ride in reserve but the occasion does come up to push it to 80 - 90%. We do look out for each other and assist others if needed!
There are some Hubby/Wife and Boy/Girl Tandems that ride very responsibly.

Some newbies who take it easy and are willing to learn the road.

Then the occasional squids show up and show out at times but not to often.

Mostly every one there is laid back.

Theres good local twistee road in Greenville just off
291/North Pleasantburg Dr. Just pass the BigLots on the right if your heading north. This road goes up and over Paris Mountain (Weather Station at the top). Be careful lot of switch backs but a fun road!

Another road is 276/Ceazars Head gets tighter as you head up.
Awesome look out at the top called Ceazars Head!
30 - 45 Minutes out of Greenville

Hope this helps!

There are many others.
These are just a few for you to check out that are easy to find.
Post up when your ready to ride!

Ride Safe!

WeKneeDragger
01-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm mad and jealous:ignore:
U guys know what I'm talkin about
My God the girl just got into town, :spank
Welcome aboard FD

C.R.S.
01-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm mad and jealous:ignore:
U guys know what I'm talkin about
My God the girl just got into town, :spank
Welcome aboard FD

Just being a GOOD Neighbor!! :D

Freaky D
01-25-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow, thanks! I'll have to check out a map to see where these roads are. I'm pretty sure I know the one that twists up Paris Mtn, part of is called Altamont Rd I think (mad amounts of turns).

You're giving me hope that I won't be riding alone. I can't wait to check out the drag strip. I used to go to Milan Speedway in MI with my dad & loved it.

I like the group thing, the one time I did go down my crew was there to help me out so I feel safer in numbers for many reasons. Don't really wanna ride packin' like a bad ass:cool:

C.R.S.
01-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Looks like Saturday & Sunday are possibilities.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out yet, will know more Saturday AM.

If your out there wekneedragger let me know, Good Neighbor :rofl:

Ride Safe!

Desmo Demon
01-25-2008, 10:52 AM
Then the occasional squids show up and show out at times but not to often.
HEY!!!! Leave Vicki and me out of this!!!! :squid: :squid: :rofl:

Welcome to the area. It won't take you long to find a group to hang out with. Speaking of groups, you will find several different types in the area.....and some will probably be totally different than ones you may be used to.....like the guys who ATGATT in full-leathers and refuse to ride on any straight sections of road.

My wife and I get out as often as we can....and usually take all the twisty roads into northern Georgia or up to Erwin, TN and back in a single day.....nothing like 300+ miles of mountain twisties for a day-ride. ;)

Freaky D
01-25-2008, 11:15 AM

Welcome to the area. It won't take you long to find a group to hang out with. Speaking of groups, you will find several different types in the area.....and some will probably be totally different than ones you may be used to.....like the guys who ATGATT in full-leathers and refuse to ride on any straight sections of road.

My wife and I get out as often as we can....and usually take all the twisty roads into northern Georgia or up to Erwin, TN and back in a single day.....nothing like 300+ miles of mountain twisties for a day-ride. ;)

Well, I wear my gear but don't go with full leathers. I think there were a couple of those dudes in the apt complex that I was in for a few months. They hit the road looking ready for the track. They were nice but seemed reluctant when I asked about riding with them so I dropped it.

The last group I rode with was pretty diverse. Ages from the 19 year old college kid up to the 50-60 something folks. There were squids once in a while but they usually ended up with 'their own kind' pretty quickly. We did some day rides but mostly half days with everything from some twisties, some city and one long stretch through some state land with few homes and some nice sweepers. The fast folks rode ahead and waited for the rest. No one got left behind and we made all riding types welcome. If there was going to be a balls out ride it was usually made known and the laid back folks or the two ups would go a different route.

Weekends will be great, I'm at home with my little one during the day so weekend is pretty much my time to get out.

Desmo Demon
01-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm at home with my little one during the day so weekend is pretty much my time to get out.
That's the way we are with our three-year old. We only get to go riding when we have a babysitter.......I commute to work, also, though.

WeKneeDragger
01-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Looks like Saturday & Sunday are possibilities.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to get out yet, will know more Saturday AM.

If your out there wekneedragger let me know, Good Neighbor :rofl:

Ride Safe!

Hope the below 3 hours doesn't get the roads wet or it will be close to noon b4 the roads dry out.
sunday looks good
I was hoping to get out around 8 to 9 and do some distance on sat but that my not happen. May be to da stop on sat and do some wing distance on sunday.

6am Light Wintry Mix
32F
28F 40% 17F 46% From SW 4 mph

Morning Commute Interstate Forecast

7am Light Wintry Mix
32F
28F 40% 18F 49% From SW 4 mph

Sunrise 7:32 am Custom Business Trip Weather

8am Light Wintry Mix
32F
27F 40% 19F 51% From SW 5 mph

C.R.S.
01-26-2008, 11:03 AM

Desmo / Vickie yea I was thinking of yall with the squidly's :rofl:
Naaa I dont think so!!

I'm about half/half on full gear. I do wear my Joe Rocket jacket and Frank Thomas boots all the time and wear the Joe Rocket pants about half that time. Even during the 90 degree summer days i'll put on the Joe Rocket Pants too.

ATGATT is good because you never know when ye old cager is coming for us!

I'm down below Simpsonville, it's 50 miles to the twisteees. Most of the trip to the twistees is intersate and city driving. YUUUUK !

Looks like I wont be riding this week end afterall.

Ride Safe!

Freaky D
01-26-2008, 06:25 PM
I need to get equipped for colder weather, if I was already I'd be looking for a ride this weekend. I used to do some semi cold stuff in MI but don't have the leather for that now. The coldest I headed out in was 36degrees. Middle of winter, dry road, sunshine but cold. I bit the bullet & headed out! Froze my tata's off but it was worth it!

Damn...the more I talk about it THE MORE I WANNA GO NOW! LoL I'm sure you all understandVroomVroom

vfr800
03-25-2008, 04:37 PM
I am also new to the are (Nov-07) moving from the Metro Detroit area. I am looking for some good people to ride with on the weekends. Also does Greenville have a non Harley "bike night" anywhere.

Desmo Demon
03-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Also does Greenville have a non Harley "bike night" anywhere.
Not in Greenville. With the mountains and their terrific twisties so close, we have "Bike Weekends" where everyone gets together and goes riding.....instead of standing around, drinking, and talking about riding.

I hear Mac's in Charlotte has a pretty good turn out of non-cruisers....so does the Vortex (or something like that) in Atlanta.

rockNroll
04-02-2008, 02:27 PM
We need to hit the mountains! I'm sittin here at work during this beautiful day... wishing I could ride!

Suzuki Vicki
04-04-2008, 07:23 AM
We need to hit the mountains! I'm sittin here at work during this beautiful day... wishing I could ride!
I thought you had fallen of the face of the earth. Good to see ya back. We haven't seen you out in a long time.:301:
Depending on just how bad the rain is Saturday, I may still try to ride (And Terry will jsut have to put up with my dragging him along in the rain :scooter: ).
If it's too bad, I'll just have to hold out until Sunday I guess.:eusa_boohoo: