PDA

View Full Version : diiiirrrrty?

Justin
02-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Any of ya'll G'ville area folk got DualSports? VroomVroom

Or the barely legals so your can connect the trails? :checkered:

maddmax_33
02-27-2008, 02:29 PM
Yes, '07 DR650SE. Bought it new in November. Noobie rider. You?

Justin
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
Hey Maddmax,
I started with my '90 KX80... :burnout: (well, actually a 2.5hp scooter but anyway). Sold the KX week after I bought my first street bike... but, I'm noob the to area by 8 months or so. I've been up through the mtns a number of times on the street... and one dualsport trip near Suches, GA.

So... was seeing who's on The CR with a dirt-rig in the area... and you got one helluva bike for doing it all. I have a XR650R and just bought a KLR650.

... ok, sooo, next, where's all the cool dirt roads and trails around here...!!! :beer:

maddmax_33
02-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Hey Justin,

I'm trying to find some good dirt raods too. There's a couple of guys on ADVRIDER.com that are in the area that ride, but I have not ridden with them. The each have DRZ400's. I think one is in G'ville the other in Anderson. Maybe we can all hook up on a Saturday and explore. When do you typically ride?

Larry

Justin
02-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Larry,
I'm game sometime... VroomVroom
I love when it's 9pm and still bright out!! (I work 1st shift hours)..... so for now, mostly weekends. I'm between Mauldin and Simpsonville so getting to the mtn roads are at least 40 minutes so you gotta plan a little bit. I'm assuming there are Fire Service roads up there somewhere too.. :bounce: just gotta find them I guess.

A buddy in Charlotte started using Google Maps 'Satellite' to check terrain in the area... then go ride it and explore... I need to try that out.

This is a gps tracked terrain of a rider who was in the group around Suches... great stuff over there...! The 180 dot was the TWO Resort, as you can see some amazing terrain:
http://lh5.google.com/lars208/R1YCVBd6_RI/AAAAAAAAC3Y/SupHp2Yf0VQ/s800/NewbieDualSport12-1-07.jpg

Justin
03-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Kim took me for a ride on the Killer yesterday evening! :spit:

I had to put my feet down at the intersections from the rear seat... :eek: . It's a tall and heavy bike to her at 5'3". But she did a nice job and we took it easy on all the back roads.

Check her feet in this one:
http://lh6.google.com/lars208/R9hmN2uOGKI/AAAAAAAAD0w/TExDitEzzlM/s800/DSC06986.JPG

maddmax_33
03-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Where'd you ride? It was great weather, I was stuck behind a desk in the office.....I'm jealous!

Justin
03-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Was NOT a very long ride, just hit some of the local country roads in between the main hwys of 185 and Fairview Rd. Just tried to stay away from traffic basically.

You've seen that "My Cubicle" spoof... right?! Hilarious!!

drinkoj
03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Kim took me for a ride on the Killer yesterday evening! :spit:

You wouldn't have just been up at Helen, GA with a bunch other rained on riders?

I just met a "Justin" that was dating a "Kim" I think, and I believe the same bike you just mentioned XR650R.

Justin
04-01-2008, 10:41 AM
You wouldn't have just been up at Helen, GA with a bunch other rained on riders?
That's me! What a great weekend ... errr evenings! ehhh? Sunday was fun too of course, the longer the day went the dryer the roads. Never though we'd be riding through 10 foot visibility either! Watch out for those stopped RV's :hiding: !!
Hope to ride with ya again sometime... and socialize :buddies: . Welcome too btw and congrats on that new bike, kept my XR warm all night loooong.

drinkoj
04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
That's me! What a great weekend ... errr evenings! ehhh? Sunday was fun too of course, the longer the day went the dryer the roads.

Any chance of you putting those photos up on a photobucket type website to be shared with people? So far not many photos have been posted at the other website.

Justin
04-09-2008, 06:33 AM
Any chance of you putting those photos up on a photobucket type website to be shared with people? So far not many photos have been posted at the other website.
Done :buddies: :checkered: :checkered:

drinkoj
04-10-2008, 12:35 AM
Thx!