PDA

View Full Version : name that avitar

STRETCH
04-09-2008, 10:56 PM
does anyone recoginze the road in my avitar? hears a hint it's within a 20 mile radius of 178/11 extra points for anyone who can tell me were I took this picture.

Benson
04-10-2008, 08:07 AM
does anyone recoginze the road in my avitar? hears a hint it's within a 20 mile radius of 178/11 extra points for anyone who can tell me were I took this picture.

On Planet Earth?

:hiding:

Desmo Demon
04-10-2008, 08:13 AM
For some reason, I don't recognize the one in your avatar, and I'm positive I've been on it, several times. :conf44:

I don't recognize the one you attached, either. I guess I'm just going too fast to look at anything other than curves and painted lines on the road. :conf44:

Maybe Vicki will recognize them. I have a feeling that whichever roads they are, I'm usually following her, so I'm busy looking at her ass. :rofl2:

C.R.S.
04-10-2008, 08:32 AM
Is that on the cut thru from 178 on to East Fork over to Ceazars Head.
Cant remember the name of that stretch of road. I remember the row of trees and the pasture!

Oh well

Desmo Demon
04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Ah.....that does look like that spot.....just after the curve where Vicki said a guy rolled his car onto its top a few years ago.

Middle Fork? Walnut Hallow?....Vicki would know.

Is that on the cut thru from 178 on to East Fork over to Ceazars Head.
Cant remember the name of that stretch of road. I remember the row of trees and the pasture!

STRETCH
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
we have a winner.

the other pic isn't exactly a local road, but I didn't want to make it to easy.

It's north of here, closer to boone NC.

Ah.....that does look like that spot.....just after the curve where Vicki said a guy rolled his car onto its top a few years ago.

Middle Fork? Walnut Hallow?....Vicki would know.

C.R.S.
04-10-2008, 10:04 PM
we have a winner.

the other pic isn't exactly a local road, but I didn't want to make it to easy.

It's north of here, closer to boone NC.

The other pic, is that the jutting rock on 221 going into Blowing Rock!

Awesome Pics, by the way!

STRETCH
04-10-2008, 11:46 PM
The other pic, is that the jutting rock on 221 going into Blowing Rock!

Awesome Pics, by the way!

hey your good.
this is kind of fun.
here's 1 more for you.

C.R.S.
04-11-2008, 08:30 AM
hey your good.
this is kind of fun.
here's 1 more for you.

Thats not up there on 215 (Rosman Side) at one of the pull-offs before you get to the parkway!

I'm spending too much time bike ! Dont tell my better half! He He !:hiding:

Suzuki Vicki
04-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Got in on this a little late. sorry. But that's OK. I stay lost anyway and would probably not even know a pic of my own driveway!
The one of Walnut Hollow is nice. There used to be 2 rather large dark bay horses in it. During Fall it is cool. They roll those huge round bales of hay out in the pasture and paint pumpkin faces on them.

WeKneeDragger
04-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Stretch,
I can't believe you didn't get knock off your bike when you went through their.
It certainly did get my attention. Nice little stretch :conf44: of road

http://bigbikeriders.com/photopost/data/500/6845Img_3666a.jpg

C.R.S.
04-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Stretch,

If that is the same Rock I mentioned earlier, the few times I've been by it in the car I always end up ducking my head hoping not to hit it!
Yea I know its kind of dumb eventhough theres plenty of room & DUUUUH I'm in the car!! :rofl2:

See Ya!!

STRETCH
04-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Stretch,

yeah I duck alot.

hears a hint for the last picture. the road gets alot more famous when it crosses into TN. however this section of the same highway is gaining popularity

STRETCH
04-14-2008, 06:37 PM
This is one of my favorite pictures. unfortunately I had to compress it to thumbnail size in order to attach it.

still If you've been down this road you will probably recognize it.

I can't prove it, but I claim this to be the shortest tunnel in north america.

Justin
04-15-2008, 12:34 AM
Never been through that shorty. :conf44:

Desmo Demon
04-15-2008, 06:48 AM
I can't prove it, but I claim this to be the shortest tunnel in north america.
Vicki and I went through that a couple of times last spring. Here Vicki and I are being goofy....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/fresh.jpg

The weather sucked......you know it sucked when we were the only ones at the store in Shady Valley...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/shady_valley.jpg

C.R.S.
04-15-2008, 09:49 AM
Vicki and I went through that a couple of times last spring. Here Vicki and I are being goofy....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/fresh.jpg

The weather sucked......you know it sucked when we were the only ones at the store in Shady Valley...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/shady_valley.jpg

Now kids!

I like it when yall do the ritual when departing from our bike breaks/stops when riding! Aint Dat Sweet! :applause:

I admit me & my better half do the samething when we go on trips!

later

Suzuki Vicki
04-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Hopefully we will be in that area again in a couple of weeks. I just really hope the weather is a LOT better!
I kinda think our little ritual is sort of sweet too. aaaaawwwwwww:applause:
Just don't let Terry know that I said that.;)

STRETCH
04-15-2008, 06:25 PM
I spent most of last summer up there. Don't you love hwy 58.
I'm looking forward to hitting 16 in VA on one of the longer summer days this year. It looks like a blast on map quest. and they just keep getting twistier from there.

(Question for a moderator) why must I compress all my pictures to 39kb or smaller before uploading, and I can only load them as an attachment? Is it becouse I'm new to this forum, or am I doing something wrong?

Justin
04-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Probably because that would make the forum ... evvvven sloooowwwer. :bricks:

:Gum:

Suzuki Vicki
04-17-2008, 09:40 AM
hears a hint for the last picture. the road gets alot more famous when it crosses into TN. however this section of the same highway is gaining popularity
So, where is it? It looks so very familar, but I'm not so good with road numbers or names for that matter. Yeah, I know, I could get lost in my own driveway.:conf44:

C.R.S.
04-17-2008, 03:23 PM
take a look at my avitar, Guess what breeds of dog it is??

Justin
04-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Black lab...?

STRETCH
04-17-2008, 09:01 PM
So, where is it? It looks so very familar, but I'm not so good with road numbers or names for that matter. Yeah, I know, I could get lost in my own driveway.:conf44:

hwy129 climbing blood mountain.

this picture wasn't realy fair as it was taken from off the road, a view you don't see while riding.

STRETCH
04-17-2008, 09:03 PM
Boykin/hound mix?

C.R.S.
04-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Part Lab is correct!

Boykin: Nope not quite!

Any other takers ?

C.R.S.
04-18-2008, 12:34 AM
(Question for a moderator) why must I compress all my pictures to 39kb or smaller before uploading, and I can only load them as an attachment? Is it becouse I'm new to this forum, or am I doing something wrong?

I'm a newbie mod but I think if you post then load them from a http:// such as youtube or others you'll have larger choices.
Yall feel free to point me strait. I'm in the same boat?

Thanks,
:hiding:

Suzuki Vicki
04-18-2008, 07:18 AM
hwy129 climbing blood mountain.

this picture wasn't realy fair as it was taken from off the road, a view you don't see while riding.
Cheater! hee hee :)
It still looks very familiar. Even though I'm sure I've never seen it. (Usually I'm so busy just watching the road and trying to keep up with Terry while he hauls butt down the road and I'm doing the speed limit.) :scooter:
Maybe there is a similar one somewhere in my rides and I just remember seeing it.:conf44:

Suzuki Vicki
04-18-2008, 07:24 AM
The black lab part is easily identifiable. The ears and nose resemble some sort of hound. I can't really tell what sort of size/ porportions it has though. I have meant to ask before what kind of pooch it is anyway.
Hey, you need a good German Sheppard to go with it though! (And a good (for nothing) cat too!)
Actually, I would probably miss my little zoo I have going around here. :)

Desmo Demon
04-18-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey, you need a good German Sheppard to go with it though! (And a good (for nothing) cat too!)
Actually, I would probably miss my little zoo I have going around here. :)
He'll have to take the kid, too. :hiding:

C.R.S.
04-18-2008, 10:26 AM
He'll have to take the kid, too. :hiding:

Which Kid?

Mom or Pops!!

C.R.S.
04-18-2008, 10:28 AM
OK here it is! Lab & Bassett

Do a search for bassador and you'll find all kinds combinations with ye old bassett!

Suzuki Vicki
04-21-2008, 08:14 AM
OK here it is! Lab & Bassett

Do a search for bassador and you'll find all kinds combinations with ye old bassett!
I was thinking the ears looked like Bassett. Years ago, I had a neighbor who had 2 Bassett hounds and they would come over to my house and hang out. (I'm sure me letting them in the house and feeding them had nothing to so with it!) I LOVED 'em! She didn't seem to mind. I would just give her a call when they left out to head back home so that she would know when to expect them back! :)
My other neighbor had a Black lab/ Pit Bull mix. And that was the smartest and one of the sweetest dogs I think I've ever seen. But, they were jerks and if something didn't just exactly mesh into their life, they would get rid of it. So Lady got shipped off to the pound because she "Wasn't what they were looking for". I guess she was smarter than they were and it intimated them.:conf44:

STRETCH
04-21-2008, 06:18 PM
I've got a new one for you.

C.R.S.
04-21-2008, 09:33 PM
WOW a twistee road with a guard rail who'd thunk!
Not too many local roads with'm!

Got me on this one!

STRETCH
04-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Got me on this one!
the big land marks kinda make it to easy. that one is about 50 miles from the store.

STRETCH
07-27-2009, 10:07 PM

Got me on this one!
hey CRS i bet you recognise that guard rail now don't you. it's the infamous 64/28 north of highlands aka the Gorge. sorry, i was just looking at old posts and thought this one was just too ironic.

NKDBKrider
07-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Let's see who really knows the roads they ride. Where was this video taken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYZfolDCtUw

STRETCH
07-27-2009, 11:09 PM
UGH no fair my work blocks you tube. is it on google videos?

C.R.S.
07-28-2009, 07:27 AM

Yep that one is familiar now!! ARRRG! If you know what I mean!

NKDBKrider
07-28-2009, 07:44 AM
Sorry, it's not on google.

C.R.S.
07-28-2009, 01:38 PM
Let's see who really knows the roads they ride. Where was this video taken?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYZfolDCtUw

Great Vid of one of my favorite Roads
:outtahere: