PDA

View Full Version : I Told my hubby that he had to sell his bike...

Freaky D
04-30-2008, 03:31 PM
Ok ok, I wasn't really serious. I said it because it has rained every weekend since he bought it! Coincidence?!?!?! I figured no bike no rain, right? Heehee

Anyway, I've still only gotten out there a few times and I haven't even gone after grandma to babysit because I want to have a nice ride not a soggy one.

I looked for the Back Yard Burger last Friday and couldn't find it. I'll Google the location, I'm sure that I was within 100 yards of the joint.

Be safe and I'll see ya eventually:beer:

Justin
04-30-2008, 05:25 PM
I figured no bike no rain, right? Heehee

:rofl2:

C.R.S.
04-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Ok ok, I wasn't really serious. I said it because it has rained every weekend since he bought it! Coincidence?!?!?! I figured no bike no rain, right? Heehee

Anyway, I've still only gotten out there a few times and I haven't even gone after grandma to babysit because I want to have a nice ride not a soggy one.

I looked for the Back Yard Burger last Friday and couldn't find it. I'll Google the location, I'm sure that I was within 100 yards of the joint.

Be safe and I'll see ya eventually:beer:

Howdy,

BYB is behind Rafferty's located near Congaree @ Halton/Patewood. Congaree comes out at Roper Mountain Road at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

Do a search "Biker Nite Fridays" using the CR Search tool!
Hope this helps!

See ya!

Desmo Demon
05-01-2008, 05:33 AM
It rains every time my wife is able to go riding, so I have been thinking about getting rid of her......but she'd probably take all the bikes with her.....so, I just ride in the rain. :hiding:

Suzuki Vicki
05-01-2008, 05:46 AM
It rains every time my wife is able to go riding, so I have been thinking about getting rid of her......but she'd probably take all the bikes with her.....so, I just ride in the rain. :hiding:
Hey, If I can't kill you off and get the insurance money, I'll take the bikes.:bricks:
I think I would rather have the money though.
Whooo hooo that 1098R may still be in my future!

Desmo Demon
05-01-2008, 07:19 AM
Whooo hooo that 1098R may still be in my future!
Go oine better....get the Bimota DB7....it has a 1098 engine in it, anyway.....well, not the 1098R engine.....but who would care?

Suzuki Vicki
05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Go oine better....get the Bimota DB7....it has a 1098 engine in it, anyway.....well, not the 1098R engine.....but who would care?
With you gone, I could have one custom made with the 1098R engine. (sinister giggling) :p

Freaky D
05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Howdy,

BYB is behind Rafferty's located near Congaree @ Halton/Patewood. Congaree comes out at Roper Mountain Road at the Crown Plaza Hotel.

See ya!

Hah! I knew I was right there. Rode by twice.

Desmo, Vicki...you two are a trip. I may even consider concrete slippers for my hubby if it means a 1098 for me!!

C.R.S.
05-02-2008, 01:21 PM
With you gone, I could have one custom made with the 1098R engine. (sinister giggling) :p

What would you call it: DuMota or Bicati?
You 2 yunguns (Vickie & Desmo) have a good trip flyin with the Ducs on the Parkway

later:hiding:

Desmo Demon
05-06-2008, 05:25 AM
You 2 yunguns (Vickie & Desmo) have a good trip flyin with the Ducs on the Parkway

We're back....about 1200 -1300 miles, later......but you knew that since we ran into you and Mike (Wekneedragger) at the store when we came back from Mt Airy on Sunday evening. :assshaking:

Suzuki Vicki
05-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Desmo, Vicki...you two are a trip. I may even consider concrete slippers for my hubby if it means a 1098 for me!!
Just let me know what size you need. I'll get them made when I get Terry's poured!
Actually, I guess I need to be nice to Terry for a while. He showed up yesterday on a 900 Ducati Monster that I had drooled over a couple of weeks ago.:scooter:
I think he's just trying to soften me up so that I don't kill him when he shows up on a Bimota.:bricks:
Don't worry. He'll mess up and get back on "The List" again soon I'm sure!:)

Suzuki Vicki
05-07-2008, 08:35 AM
What would you call it: DuMota or Bicati?
later:hiding:
Hmmm. Not sure what to call it besides FUN!!!
We had a blast at the Ducati rally! For a change, the weather was great! So we did lots of riding! With no bad things happening. (A traffic stop, but no ticket!) and Terry parking the ST in a bad spot. (woops! Of course it was my fault!). Other than those couple of things, it was a great weekend!

C.R.S.
05-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Hmmm. Not sure what to call it besides FUN!!!
We had a blast at the Ducati rally! For a change, the weather was great! So we did lots of riding! With no bad things happening. (A traffic stop, but no ticket!) and Terry parking the ST in a bad spot. (woops! Of course it was my fault!). Other than those couple of things, it was a great weekend!

Yea congrats on yet another bike!! Dont rub my nose in it too much!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRG !
Seriously though Sweet Ride! :applause:

:hiding:

Suzuki Vicki
05-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Yea congrats on yet another bike!! Dont rub my nose in it too much!!
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRG !
Seriously though Sweet Ride! :applause:

:hiding:
Thanks!
Don't worry. It is so hard to have a new bike and not be able to ride it.(It still needs an electric shifter!). So I'm going through lots of torture here too! :)

C.R.S.
05-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Thanks!
Don't worry. It is so hard to have a new bike and not be able to ride it.(It still needs an electric shifter!). So I'm going through lots of torture here too! :)

Could this be a ploy to butter you up so he can get that 848????? :Gum:

drinkoj
05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Thanks!

So how fast does it go in first gear??? :)

Suzuki Vicki
05-09-2008, 05:28 AM
So how fast does it go in first gear??? :)
Sadly, I don't know.
The only riding it has seen has been Terry riding it from Greenville to the house. After that it has sat downstairs just waiting to go for a ride.
We were thinking of taking it and the Paso(Terry finally has it up and running now too!) out for a short ride this weekend. I would have to leave it in 2nd or 3rd gear and just putt-putt around.:scooter:

Suzuki Vicki
05-09-2008, 05:29 AM
Could this be a ploy to butter you up so he can get that 848????? :Gum:
I think he's dreaming big and wants a Bimota.
But I'm sure he'd take the 848 if given a chance!

Desmo Demon
05-09-2008, 08:51 AM
But I'm sure he'd take the 848 if given a chance!
I actually like the red 848 with the black bellypan.....I'd prefer a base-model 1098 in yellow.......or an 848 in yellow...whenever that is offered.

Suzuki Vicki
05-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I actually like the red 848 with the black bellypan.....I'd prefer a base-model 1098 in yellow.......or an 848 in yellow...whenever that is offered.
Sadly, I think we're both pretty big bike whores and neither of us cull the herd any! If it's a bike, by golly, we'll take it!:scooter:
I'm thinking that you could have the yellow 1098 at Touring sport while I just mosey over a few feet and take that little 'ole 1098(R) that's right in the window. That sounds pretty fair. LOL!
Actually the yellow one is around the same price as the other red one that I looked at. Maybe we can get a couple of those in a few years.