PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warriors, Anybody Out There?

C.R.S.
06-02-2008, 09:45 PM
The Upstate CR has been quite over the past couple of weeks.
I'm hoping everybody's been enjoying the great riding weather! :applause:

Post up if your riding?

Ride Safe!
:hiding:

Justin
06-02-2008, 11:14 PM
I was hearing crickets.... :trolls:

A couple friends, my gf and i made killboy.com highlights, still posted I believe.... about 7 photos down, we're in the lazy river chilling after a day's-ridin. You'll notice the topcase... errrr, minibar near the side as we round and round... :buddies:

Suzuki Vicki
06-03-2008, 08:38 AM
I don't know when we'll have a baby sitter again so I tried to get all my riding in the other week while my mom had Audrey.
I still have to finish trashing the rear tire on the gixxer and replace it. Then I'll be all done and all my bikes will have good tires on them. So I'll be ready next time someone volunteers to babysit. :scooter:

Bucky
06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello C.R.S.

I agree, the forum has been very quiet.

I sure have been out. Saturday mornings into early afternoon, as usual. Mostly northern Pickens county and western NC.

I happened across a group of Bluegrass pickers that meet monthly at Table Rock State Park. Joined them to rest, eat a hotdog, and listen for a while. Nice group.

Went up to Blue Ridge Parkway for the second time. Went north to Ashville this time, filled up and returned. Stopped many times on the way for pictures, then straight through on the return. Good road. ~200 miles that day. Met a couple riding two-up from New Jersey.

Also went on a run with mostly cruisers from Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church south of Easley two Saturdays ago. Only two sportbikes, myself and one other, but many cruisers, standards, three trikes, and a couple of vintage cars. Ride, eats, prizes, then gospel singing by Total Praise Quartet. They call it a scripture run -- you get a scripture verse at each stop, then prizes are handed out if you have the ones that they draw. Enjoyable day.

Memorial Day, easy ride to Marietta, Greer, downtown Greenville and back to Easley. Looked for Campbells covered bridge, but must have missed the sign. Never did see it.

Have also gone to Looking Glass Falls, Whitewater Falls, Caesar's head a couple of times.

Riding to work when the weather looks good -- even 15 minutes at a time is worth gearing up for.

I have been mostly riding alone -- I usually don't take the time to arrange a ride with someone else, I usually reach Holly Springs store before many other riders do, and I am still the newbe and don't want to slow others down. Inferiority complex, maybe??

Let me know if you want to ride.

Bucky

drinkoj
06-04-2008, 06:07 AM
I've been able to get out one time into mountains in the last month. Joined up with a bunch of college aged guys on R6, GSX, and CBRs and rode tailgunner for the first time on my FZ1 in the mountains. :clap: Besides that, I've been introducing one of my daughters, who has never wanted to ride with me, to the country roads in Anderson and Iva on my Magna. Talk about conflict, three girls and a wife that want to ride with me on my Magna but no one likes the FZ1 for two up.

Gonna be riding Friday up 178 to Cashiers (11am/12pm'ish) to hook up with some people for the FZ1 Rally up at Fontana Village this weekend. So if anyone is up at the store around then, feel free to join up. I'll be the guy on a blue FZ1 with black saddlebags, tail bag, tank bag, and a GPS unit.

Desmo Demon
06-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Vicki and I logged over 1000 miles the weekend of Memorial Day as our last big Hurrah! for a while......we even dragged CRS with us.....I had some fun and entertained Vicki and CRS as we went into TN and following some other guys on sportbikes. :D

C.R.S.
06-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Vicki and I logged over 1000 miles the weekend of Memorial Day as our last big Hurrah! for a while......we even dragged CRS with us.....I had some fun and entertained Vicki and CRS as we went into TN and following some other guys on sportbikes. :D

Somebody needs to teach me how to go through the twisteees with one hand! Aint Dat So DESMO!!

See Yall Thursday!! :buddies:

C.R.S.
06-04-2008, 04:16 PM
I've been able to get out one time into mountains in the last month. Joined up with a bunch of college aged guys on R6, GSX, and CBRs and rode tailgunner for the first time on my FZ1 in the mountains. :clap: Besides that, I've been introducing one of my daughters, who has never wanted to ride with me, to the country roads in Anderson and Iva on my Magna. Talk about conflict, three girls and a wife that want to ride with me on my Magna but no one likes the FZ1 for two up.

Gonna be riding Friday up 178 to Cashiers (11am/12pm'ish) to hook up with some people for the FZ1 Rally up at Fontana Village this weekend. So if anyone is up at the store around then, feel free to join up. I'll be the guy on a blue FZ1 with black saddlebags, tail bag, tank bag, and a GPS unit.

Have fun up yonder,

I need to get up that way sometime! Is it off of 28 heading to the Gap.
There is also a SV rally at the Gap this weekend too.

Ride Safe,

drinkoj
06-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Have fun up yonder,

I need to get up that way sometime! Is it off of 28 heading to the Gap.
There is also a SV rally at the Gap this weekend too.

Ride Safe,

Yeap. SV and "The Dam Run" that's hosted by Fontana Village will be happening, plus I heard that another really big ride was happening in N. Georgia. Roads are gonna be full of bikes this weekend.

Suzuki Vicki
06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
Somebody needs to teach me how to go through the twisteees with one hand! Aint Dat So DESMO!!

See Yall Thursday!! :buddies:
Maybe Terry can give lessons soon.
It looks as if his mom wants to keep Audrey from the 12th to the 15th. So I'm sure we will attempt to do some riding.:wheelie: