PDA

View Full Version : New to the area

sdzx10
06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Thought I'd say Hi to everybody! My name is Scott. Just moved here with my family from Arizona about two weeks ago.The wife and I both ride, zx10 for me and zx6 for her (both black). Havn't had much time for riding yet but we did get out today for a short ride up 176 into nc, boy its nice to finally use the sides of the tires. Was getting pretty tired of wearing out the centers on those arizona roads. Anyway we were thinking of going out sat. morning probably head over to 178, seems like the place to go. Hope to meet some of you out there sometime.

Bucky
06-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I usually ride on Saturday mornings between ~8:30 - 9:30 starting at Holly Springs store at US178 and SC11.

Silver on red frame Kawasaki Ninja 650R
Usually light gray/dark gray/black leathers, silver helmet
Headlight modulator

I won't go as fast as your bikes can take you, but if you are up for a ride of 2 or 3 hours, there are many good places to go.

Bucky

C.R.S.
06-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Thought I'd say Hi to everybody! My name is Scott. Just moved here with my family from Arizona about two weeks ago.The wife and I both ride, zx10 for me and zx6 for her (both black). Havn't had much time for riding yet but we did get out today for a short ride up 176 into nc, boy its nice to finally use the sides of the tires. Was getting pretty tired of wearing out the centers on those arizona roads. Anyway we were thinking of going out sat. morning probably head over to 178, seems like the place to go. Hope to meet some of you out there sometime.

Welcome aboard,

Wide range of riders and good folks!

The Store at 178 and 11 on Saturdays and Sundays is a good meeting spot for the Mountain Rides. Folks start showing up around 9:00 AM and thru out the day. All sorts of local roads to explore and scenery is great.

I'm on a black/red TL1000s and frequent the mountains as much as possible.
I usually arrive at the store around 1:00 or 2:00 on the weekends.

Hope to see ya !
:hiding:

drinkoj
06-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Welcome aboard. Just hit "The Store" and ask a group of sportbikes if you can join them for a ride, they'll show you around. There should be plenty of folks this weekend that can fill your need for getting rid of those chicken strips. :)

What city or town are you living in now? As Spartanburg would be my guess if you took 176 for a ride.

Desmo Demon
06-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Was getting pretty tired of wearing out the centers on those arizona roads.
You must have been in the wrong part of the state. I know of a couple of nice twisty roads in the Arizona/New Mexico area. There's a really nice one in New Mexico I ran on a few years ago, but........I'd say 99% of the roads in both states aren't worthy of a good sport tire being on them.

sdzx10
06-05-2008, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the info. We're in Inman maybe 45 minutes from the store. Hey Desmo your right .We were in lake havasu the only good riding was in cal. about 150 miles away!

Suzuki Vicki
06-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Hi!
Welcome to the board!:icon_welcome:
The store on 178 is the best place to meet up and ride with others.
Terry (Desmo Demon) and I will probably be there Sat the 14th. (Our riding schedule is dependant on babysitters!)
Not too sure which bikes we will be on though.
It's still hard to miss us. Terry and I are both pretty tall and fairly large people. He wears yellow/ black leathers while I have blue/ black ones.
Sometimes we show up in the car just to say "HI" to the folks we know.
So if you see a silver Jetta with a 3 1/2 year old hellion running wild.....that's probably us!
However when we do get to ride, usually we get there fairly early . (They have a GREAT breakfast in the cafe) Then we head out and start hitting the back roads. We never really seem to know which route we will end up taking.
I'm sure you guys will have no problem hooking up with folks to ride with.:scooter:

Justin
06-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Oooooo, have you heard about the store yet??!!!?? :bricks:

lol, just kidding, welcome to the area!!

My gf rides too, sv650, after having an ex500 for 3000 or so miles. We've only lived here a year now. :icon_welcome:

STRETCH
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info. We're in Inman maybe 45 minutes from the store. Hey Desmo your right .We were in lake havasu the only good riding was in cal. about 150 miles away!

I just moved out to lyman my self so we're practicly neighbors.
I hated moving farther from the good roads (I was renting in Taylors 20 miles closer to the store) but houses are cheaper out here.
If your looking for someone to ride with drop me a line. My average sunday is 400 miles +or-

sdzx10
06-06-2008, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE=STRETCH]I just moved out to lyman my self so we're practicly neighbors.
I hated moving farther from the good roads (I was renting in Taylors 20 miles closer to the store) but houses are cheaper out here.
If your looking for someone to ride with drop me a line. My average sunday is 400 miles +or-[/QU You mentioned your average sunday ride,can you get out on saturday? The wife and I were going to head out to the store(178) on sat about 8 get there about 9. I you can't let me know if your going out sunday I'll be up for it.

WeKneeDragger
06-10-2008, 10:35 PM

Performance boat heaven. I had a 24 foot HTM cat with a 540 ci that I got rid of about 3 yrs ago. thank goodness due to fuel pricing:applause:

PETE913
06-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Great for SPRING BREAK!!:buddies: