PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Upstaters

C.R.S.
07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Just checkin in ? Been quite for a little while!

I see that VFR800 might be headin to the GAP this weekend?

Stretch is selling his ZZR1200? Any takers?

Anybody been attending the local Bike Nites?

Yall ridin this weekend, Time - Meeting Place - Destination?

I'll be out this weekend, not sure if it'll be Saturday and/or Sunday!

Hope to see ya,
:hiding:

Desmo Demon
07-18-2008, 06:35 AM
No babysitter for us this weekend, but I may be able to talk Vicki into following me up to my favorite curve on a local road to finally get a picture of me dragging the bagger. I've been wanting a picture of me doing that for over a year.....if we ever do get a pic, I'll have to change my avatar. :assshaking:

Benson
07-18-2008, 06:48 AM
may be able to talk Vicki into following me up to my favorite curve on a local road to finally get a picture of me dragging the bagger. I've been wanting a picture of me doing that for over a year.....if we ever do get a pic, I'll have to change my avatar. :assshaking:

Hey watch what your "calling" Vicki there Chief, she has a long memory and knows how to use weapons.

Desmo Demon
07-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey watch what your "calling" Vicki there Chief, she has a long memory and knows how to use weapons.
:rofl2:

:applause:

That's funny.....I'm shocked I didn't think of being able to twist that around like you did when I wrote it....I must not have had enough coffee this morning when I wrote it.

Desmo Demon
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Hey Chuck......I figured you'd get a kick out of this. This is the tire we pulled off of Vicki's GSXR this past Monday. She finished it off on Caesar's Head.....

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d32/Kramer_Krazy/vicki_tire-1.jpg

Bucky
07-18-2008, 11:40 AM
Just taking a few rides on Saturday mornings. Usually 80-150 miles. Went to Brevard and over to Hendersonville a couple of weekends ago. Pretty good little military history museum in old courthouse. Got into heavy auto and foot traffic in Saluda during their Coon Dog Day celebration.

Had a hot dog at Phat Dogs, 11061 Hwy. 81, Powdersville with several others last evening.

Mt. Pisgah Baptist Church riders are having a ride to WHEELS OF TIME motorcycle museum in Maggie Valley 7/26/08. Start from church at 8:30 AM. Mostly cruisers and trikes.

CRS, if you are going out with your son to do an easy ride up this way, I'd like to tag along if you'll have me.

Justin
07-18-2008, 03:42 PM
I'm heading out on Saturday....!!

ummm....

FURNITURE SHOPPING!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! :trolls:

Bucky
07-18-2008, 05:00 PM
What cc and horsepower is this furniture?
Cruiser or sport?
Send pictures!

Viper
07-18-2008, 05:11 PM
Hey Chuck......I figured you'd get a kick out of this. This is the tire we pulled off of Vicki's GSXR this past Monday. She finished it off on Caesar's Head.....

Oh my!:burnout: :wheelie: :applause:

Suzuki Vicki
07-20-2008, 07:16 PM

Thanks for catching that one for me!:D
Wow, You're right, I just may have to get a few guns out to "clean" them!:thgatlin:

Suzuki Vicki
07-20-2008, 07:21 PM
Oh my!:burnout: :wheelie: :applause:
Terry said that some of the folks he knows from other forums were arguing about wear bars.:Gum:
so I asked him to post that pic on that forum and ask them if those were the wear bars that they were referring to! :rofl2: :p
:301:

Suzuki Vicki
07-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Just checkin in ? Been quite for a little while!

I see that VFR800 might be headin to the GAP this weekend?

Stretch is selling his ZZR1200? Any takers?

Anybody been attending the local Bike Nites?

Yall ridin this weekend, Time - Meeting Place - Destination?

I'll be out this weekend, not sure if it'll be Saturday and/or Sunday!

Hope to see ya,
If you would join the crowd more often, you would know the answers to these questions!:p
We will probably be out next weekend. Terry's mom is wanting Audrey from Wed. until the following Mon. :applause:
Hopefully we will get to do a good bit of riding then.:scooter:

vfr800
07-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Where are the local (non-Harley) bike nights in the upstate ?

C.R.S.
07-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Where are the local (non-Harley) bike nights in the upstate ?

Ran into some guys from Marietta late Sunday at the store.
Good bunch of fellas 2 - ZX14's, 2008 Busa, 98 ZX9, RC51, 2007 R6,
2006 GSXR600, They are headin to Hooters-Greenville Wednesday Nite.
Good mix of sport bikes and Cruisers according them. They said they have a good time. Nothing ever gets out of hand at Hooters.

They laughed and said it'd be entertaining to see a poorman's Ducati among the latest and greatest !! I might just show up and surprize'm and get a few laughs!
Last time I attended something like this was back in 2001, wasn't my thing back then. Things maybe a little better now!

Later,

C.R.S.
07-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Is there any Caesar's Head / 276 left or did she finish that off too.
You need to tell De Boss (Vickie) to quit doing those burnouts, wheeeeleees and running down all those squidly's. Did that just ryhme :bricks:

I thought I was bad about getting the extra mile out of a tire, Yall put me to shame, Ye Old Tire Guru's!

De Boss's comment: If I'd join the crowds more often? Ha Ha!!
I just like to sit back and watch the De Boss / De Desmo show!
But it is always better to watch the show in person!! He He He :applause:

Bucky's Comment: Furniture "CC" Size ? I'll take the recliner size!

VFR800 - Deals Gap Trip: Glad you had a safe trip.
I enjoy the trip there & back, and like to see all the different bikes.
But riding the Dragon isn't what it used to be, to restricted now!
Anyway, still worth a visit every once in a while.
Did you make the killboy pages?

Just wanted to stir the pot to see who was still out there??

If you see any other riders put a plug in for the CR, and post up future rides if you'd like?

For De Boss,
I'm always here :hiding: Later Yall

vfr800
07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Killboy and some other photo outfit was there. I think they took our picture.
The trip was good, but 404 miles is more than my limit of riding for one day.
I think I'll stick to closer stuff for a while. Still haven't met any riders from the forum yet. Maybe soon.

Desmo Demon
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I thought I was bad about getting the extra mile out of a tire, Yall put me to shame, Ye Old Tire Guru's!
That's Vicki for you. I think every tire winds up more worn than the previous one. She tells me stories of once going THROUGH the cords, and I think she's trying to prove it to me....but I keep changing the tires before she can get that far......as she says..."There's another layer of rubber under those cords, you know."

I just like to sit back and watch the De Boss / De Desmo show!
Hopefully this weekend. I'm still trying to get Vicki to take some pix of my dragging the bagger......just ain't happened, yet.