PDA

View Full Version : "suzuki" GT250R

STRETCH
08-04-2008, 08:16 PM
to the guy with suzuki stickers on his Hyosung, your not fooling anyone.
You don't need to be ashamed of a korean made bike. I actualy kinada like the Hyosung line. At least they are a little less comon then the big three jap bikes.

http://www.autosbikes.com/content/uploads/2007/04/gt250r-1.jpg

Suzuki Vicki
08-05-2008, 04:16 PM
Actually that was Terry on one of his Duacti bikes. :Gum:
He's always trying to use my Suzuki and Yamaha decals to build up those slow Ducati bikes that he insists on owning.:scooter:

STRETCH
08-05-2008, 07:13 PM
your funny.

this guy was seriously paranoid that someone was going to find out he rode a Hyosung.
I spotted the bike up at the store sunday afternoon when he pulled up beside some friends of mine and I imediately recognized it as a GT250R but then was a little confused to see Suzuki in big letters across the gas tank. and the Hyosung badges mysteriously absent.

here is how our conversation went.

nice bike, what kind is it?

- A Suzuki.

A suzuki what?

Huh?

what model Suzuki?

It's a 250 twin.

OK,,,, but what is it called?

-----------------

where did you find it?

around!!

and then he scuried off into the store.

OldBeezer
08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
the big three jap bikes.

Which of the following are the big 3 Jap bikes
Honda
Yamaha
Suzuki
Kawasaki
;)

STRETCH
08-05-2008, 11:28 PM
you wouldn't group kawasaki with those other loosers would you?

sorry I don't count too well

Desmo Demon
08-06-2008, 04:34 AM
sorry I don't count too well

Weird.....I thought you had all your fingers on each hand. :conf44:

Suzuki Vicki
08-06-2008, 05:36 PM
your funny.

this guy was seriously paranoid that someone was going to find out he rode a Hyosung.
I spotted the bike up at the store sunday afternoon when he pulled up beside some friends of mine and I imediately recognized it as a GT250R but then was a little confused to see Suzuki in big letters across the gas tank. and the Hyosung badges mysteriously absent.
I guess I'm wierd about riding. Sure it may not have been the ideal bike that he wanted, but at least he was riding. :conf44:
I would have rode it, been proud that I was riding and then traded it when I could afford what I wanted.:scooter:
I've seen several of the Hyosung and UM bikes (Maybe a couple of others, but the 'ole memory just doesn't retain too much these days!:bricks: ) out lately. They seem to be gaining popularity. I guess the price can't be beat with them.:applause:

Even if they're not in the big 3....er....4. (Sorry everyone, I just had to jump on that one too!) :hiding: :D
Actually the big 3 in my stable are:
Suzuki
Yamaha, ...........and

Ducati!:p

C.R.S.
08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Yep I know that UVM 250 with Suzuki on the tank. if it is the same fella.

I asked him why, he said he just wanted stir up some conversation about the bike. THe UVM 650 has the SV650 engine in it that was the reason why he did it on his 250. I'm not sure of his real intentions with the suzi decals

I dont think he's ashamed of the bike or he wouldn't have gotten it.
I think its a sharp looking bike and for the money its great mountain twistee tool. As far as the UVM 650 having the SV650 engine, I think it has a copied/knock-off version of that engine.

I think the New Ninja 250 will out perform the UVM/Hyosung any day.

Ride Safe,

Desmo Demon
08-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Yep I know that UM 250 with Suzuki on the tank. if it is the same fella.
LOL....I was thinking it was probably him. He was talking about putting stickers on that bike a few weeks ago....and it is a UM-250. The bike has been treating him fairly well. He also has the SV650, a Ninja 250, and in the past has had everything from a Bandit 400 to a TL1000S and ZX-600R bikes. He's trashed a lot of good ones on those mountains, too.

PETE913
08-18-2008, 01:22 PM
Off topic but...Hey Terry, why does Vicki only have 4 bikes to your 5:conf44:

Suzuki Vicki
08-18-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh, that is a great question!
I think I deserve a 1098R just to make everything even!:leno:

Desmo Demon
08-19-2008, 07:59 AM
I'm lucky if the two Paso 750s can be considerd one bike.......or....the project is so far from being a complete bike that I just have it in my signature so it *looks* like I have one more bike than her......If you take the average of the years, she actually has newer bikes. Her's average to be 1998.25 and mine would average to be 1992.......I'm sure I can think of it in a few other ways, also. :assshaking:

Suzuki Vicki
08-19-2008, 11:14 AM
I'm lucky if the two Paso 750s can be considerd one bike.......or....the project is so far from being a complete bike that I just have it in my signature so it *looks* like I have one more bike than her......If you take the average of the years, she actually has newer bikes. Her's average to be 1998.25 and mine would average to be 1992.......I'm sure I can think of it in a few other ways, also. :assshaking:
That's right. Try to find any excuse (No matter how poor) to try to justify it. :eusa_boohoo:
Just fess up, you have more bikes and the newest one in the house too. (Not that it is really saying too much since all of our bikes are pretty old!):Gum:

PETE913
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
Just put the ST4 motor into the Monster and call it a day.

Vicki, you meant Desmosidicci right:wheelie: and didn't mean to type 1098R

Desmo Demon
08-20-2008, 05:31 AM
What's 20 HP when you're at 200? :conf44:

:Benson:

A Desmosedici would be soooo cool. I already told Vicki that I was ever so fortunate to have one, I'd ride the pi$$ out of it. It'd have over 10k miles the first year!

Suzuki Vicki
08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Just put the ST4 motor into the Monster and call it a day.

LOL!
I haven't ridden the Monster enough to quite figure it out. Now, If I were to put another engine in it, would it really make a huge diffrence? Or am I better off to keep it the way it is and when I want to go faster, just pull out one of the other bikes?:scooter:
Yeah, I though about the Desmosidicci.(Insert drool here! They actually ran me away from Touring sport because they had to keep mopping up the floor and wiping my grubby little fingerprints off the bike!) But I just don't have the heart to sell the house and live in a cardboard box with all the little bikes sitting out in the cold, shivering!:hiding:

PETE913
08-22-2008, 10:19 AM
In a Nike kind of way "JUST DO IT":applause: