PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen My R6??

adamm
09-22-2008, 08:35 AM
Sometime between midnight and 7am, some piece of sh*t removed my R6 from my driveway. :rant:

SO.... I know it's very unlikely that we will ever see it again, at least in one piece, lets be on the lookout for the 08 Raven R6S with the Jardines RT1 exaust.

-- too pissed to write more now :(

Adam
keewik@charter.net
380-7095

C.R.S.
09-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Sorry to hear about that!!

I'll keep my eyes peeled!

What part of Greenville are you in?

Thieves :rant:

adamm
09-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Mauldin just off of Ashmore Bridge rd.

Desmo Demon
09-23-2008, 06:43 AM
Sorry to hear that Adam. That really sucks. If we find him, let's not call the cops.....I can think of better ways to handle the situation. ;)

adamm
09-23-2008, 07:27 AM
Sorry to hear that Adam. That really sucks. If we find him, let's not call the cops.....I can think of better ways to handle the situation. ;)

If I find him, he will be scattered about the upstate in small pieces. It's not so much the bike that's bothering me, insurance will replace it... I'm thinkin 09 R1 :-)..... It's that my home has been violated. I dont think that I will feel safe here for a while....

A

Suzuki Vicki
09-23-2008, 07:30 AM
Oh man!
I'm so sorry to hear about that!
I hope you had theft coverage.
I HATE thieves! I could go on for days on that one! :rant:
Hopefully it will turn up, I know it is unlikely.(Especially if it were to turn up in one piece) But we will be keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best!
I know Terry and I will be keeping an eye out for it on the streets. And we will give a description to our friends too.
I just feel so bad for you. I hope the thieving, worthless, hemorrhoid on society's rear end, scumbag is caught soon! I'd be happy to supply the rope for a good old fashioned hanging!:rant: :applause:

adamm
09-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks Vicki -- I will be happy to generously compensate anyone who finds the bike and or the fucker(s) who took it :-)

They were certainly a picky bunch... left the 500r sitting right where it was.

Insurance company said if it is not recovered in 20 days, they will take care of me... whatever that means ** probably means bend over **:icon_butt:
I have full coverage for replacment value on the bike but I'm afraid to park another one here.

I feel as though my home has been violated, didnt sleep a wink last night waiting for them to return and try for the other bike. I know it sould drastic but I think we may end up selling our townhouse and buyin someplace with a garage B4 I buy another nice bike.

I'm so stressed over this that I cant function right now. I'll be on the couch if anyone needs me.....

On Tilt!!
Adam

C.R.S.
09-23-2008, 08:30 PM
I'll stop by Hooters on Wednesday and check it out!!

Who know's, if they were stupid enough to take it from your driveway.
They might be stupid enuff to show up, braggin about the new stolen ride??

What I remember about your bike:
Black Raven R6S, Was there silver trim on the tank?
Jardine Can, Was it black and or carbon fiber?
What type of tires are on it, how much tread is left?
What color are the rims?
How many miles are on it?
Is the VIN # visible?

If a black R6S is there, I'll try the "thats a sharp bike & I'm looking into gettin one, can I have closer look" route??
Here's to hoping for some luck on the recon @ Hooters!
I've still got your cell #.

If you can provide any other features the bike may have might help?

Let me know?
Chuck S.:hiding:

adamm
09-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Thats not a bad idea.... I'll meet you over there on the Ninja. It's a red 99 500r. Ill be there around 8:30.

-- Silver Jardines RT1 can
-- Black Wheels
-- Blak tank pad

Desmo Demon
09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
I think we may end up selling our townhouse and buyin someplace with a garage B4 I buy another nice bike.

When I first moved to the Greenville area, I was living in the Intown Suites where CarMax now stands. I did not want to leave my bike outisde, so I rented a storage unit. It is an inconvenience to have to drive to the rental unit and then take the bike out, but I had peace of mind that it was a lot safer there than in front of the apartment. After that, the house I bought did not/does not have a garage, so the first few years, I had an enclosed trailer with stabilizer jacks and I kept the bike locked in there. I called it my "portable garage". Maybe one of these two methods will work for you to prevent this from happening again.

adamm
09-24-2008, 11:02 AM
Do this sound fucking retarded to anyone else or is it just me?

I noticed that the CVS & bank on the corner heading out of our neighborhood have outdoor cameras. So being a logical person, I figured that maybe the police would like to check the video and see what they can see....

So I send an email to the officer, he had said it was the fastest way to contact him, and suggested he check it out. His reply....... I'm on vacation till Friday, I'll check it out then.

SO.... I went to the Police station to ask that they have another officer look into it since this one guy is on vacation. They told me no, the vacation guy is handling the case.

Obviously these officers have no intention of trying to investigate the theft of or assist in the recovery of my bike.

On Tilt,
Adam

C.R.S.
09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Thats not a bad idea.... I'll meet you over there on the Ninja. It's a red 99 500r. Ill be there around 8:30.

-- Silver Jardines RT1 can
-- Black Wheels
-- Blak tank pad

Howdy,

From what I've seen in the past, the folks start to arrive around 6:00 then the crowd thins out around dark. I'm hoping too arrive between 6 & 7. I'll be in my 2002 White F150 extended cab truck parked in the Burlington Coat Parking Lot performing recon before going over to mingle!!

If your 500 was in the drive way when they took your R6, might not want to ride that to Hooters, thieves may be there and recognize your bike. They would head out of there if they saw your 500?? Just a thought!

I'll give you a holler later this afternoon.:hiding:

Benson
09-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Having a garage is nice.

Living outside the City is even nicer.

If you do go the storage unit route, make sure to get an "outside" unit with a roll up door(so getting the bike in and out is easy) and access to drive your car/truck right up to the unit so it's easy to hang out there and drink beer and fiddle with the bike.
I used to do a lot of hanging out at a 4 x 10 unit one of my riding friends had in NH, we even sand blasted his bike frame there! (grilled meat and drank beer on a regular basis there too)
He needed it for security because he lived in Manchester and had no garage(one of the only cities in NH where you would need to lock your shit up), thieves had broken into his shed at his house and stold his bike, and even broke into his basement a week later to get the engine that wasn't in the shed!

In 2001 new thieves tried to break into his storage building(not his unit, but one down the building) with a cutting torch, and the paint of the building caught on fire and the entire storage complex burned to the ground.
There was four motorcycles in my buddies storage unit at the time, all were turned into puddles of melted aluminum and bare steel frames.

If they want your stuff bad enough, they will resort to drastic measures, sometimes you must do the same to keep your stuff.

I have the day off work today, so I did some quick searching for you. Here are some options just short of moving...

(In no particular order)

LoJack for Bikes (http://www.lojack.com/motorcycle/pages/motorcycle-recovery.aspx?crcat=ppc&crsource=google&crkw=Motorcycle%20Security)

Alarms for biks (http://www.terrapowersports.com/cat/Alarms.aspx?gclid=CKLpiNLP9JUCFRUjnAod83TMhw)

http://www.thebikebarn.net/security.html

Bikebone (http://www.bikebone.com/)

http://www.aritronix.com/

Lock it or lose it...(Some good info for all)
http://www.amadirectlink.com/roadride/Riderresc/lockit.asp

buster
09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
I noticed that the CVS & bank on the corner heading out of our neighborhood have outdoor cameras. So being a logical person, I figured that maybe the police would like to check the video and see what they can see....

More than likely, they picked up the bike and put it in a van or a box truck. Takes 2 guys about 30 seconds to steal a bike this way. If you must park it outside, chain the frame to a secured object.

adamm
09-24-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah.... I'll probably leave the bike at home. I'll also park by Burlington. 05 red 4 door dakota

adamm
09-25-2008, 09:51 AM
The early bird may get the worm but it's the 2nd mouse who gets the cheese.

If you see either of them, ask em if they have seen my bike.......

It's gonna be a bit embarasing to be seen on but I have a ride for the time being..... A buddy with extra bikes dropped off an 02 Sportster 883 at the house last night. Boy am I gonna look funny on a Harley :scooter:

No luck at Hooters... although I really didnt expect to see it out there.

Adam

PUSkunk
09-26-2008, 03:04 AM
Damn due that sucks!!! If you live off Ashmore Bridge Road and you need a safe place to park your bike, I'm offering you my garage. I live in Mauldin also, and there's enough parking space behind my house to drive over and take it out whenever. It'd share space with a deep freezer, a fridge, my kids power wheels, his bike, and an FZ6 and a VFR800. Keypad entry on the outside.

adamm
09-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Thank You Sir, that will make the decision to buy another nice bike without the fear of having it removed much easier :) I'll send you a PM later today, I've go tot get to work.

Now I just have to decide..... 09R1 or 09 Ducati 1098?

Opinions Please...

I have probably another month B4 the insurance check arrives so I'll be on the Sportster until then.

Desmo Demon
09-26-2008, 09:05 AM
Now I just have to decide..... 09R1 or 09 Ducati 1098?

Opinions Please...

Hmmmm......I'd look for a good deal on a new 2007 or 2008 left-over and save some cash. Of the two you list, I'd lean toward the Ducati 1098 or 848 because I do not like newly redesigned, first-year bikes. My preference is to buy a last year model for a design. This way, they've worked out all the little bugs over the years.

Benson would call you all sorts of names, but this place usually has some terrific deals on Hondas......

http://www.southernpowersports.com

Earlier this spring, Vicki and I almost broke down and bought matching CBR1000RR bikes......wound up buying a used Monster M900ie and another used ST2, instead.

Chilli99katana
10-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Just saw an add for a raven R6 in craigslist, just to let you know...

STRETCH
01-29-2009, 10:05 PM
http://greenville.craigslist.org/mcy/1013125747.html