PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Chilli99katana
11-04-2008, 02:14 AM
Finally got her running! I am very proud of myself. Figured out the whole issue I had with the carbs, after having a friend I met on another website clean my carbs it still wasn't running exactly right. Read a thread about the carbs and it dawned on me that the air/fuel screws might be messed up, so I took her apart again and fixed them the way they should. Now I just need someone with more knowledge than me to give my bike a hard inspection and maybe make me a list of things I need to do to make sure she is road worthy. Maybe if someone has some pity on a new rider and help out, I would appreciate it. I don't know too many bikers around here that know as much as some of you guys do. I can't really afford shop rates which is why I am kinda reaching out to you guys. Most people on here seem to be nice people. Appreciate any tips anyone has. My ride is a 1999 Suzuki Katana. I know most of my younger friends make fun of what i have, but I got her for practically nothing!:scooter:

STRETCH
11-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty familliar with those bikes. If it's in rideable condition you can bring it by my house in Lyman (lyman farms) and I'll give her a once over.
I'll be at the house all day saturday working on my own bike.

Chilli99katana
11-08-2008, 01:33 AM
Unfortunately I work Saturdays 9am to 9pm. Wish I could take off, unfortunately we are understaffed on weekends anyway. It runs, but I would want to get it looked at before I ride it.

STRETCH
11-11-2008, 01:15 AM
you could PM me your address and I could swing by some time next weekend.

STRETCH
11-11-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm also free from about 1:00 - 3:00 pm monday through thursday.
Did I mention I have 7 ASEs and an A&P certification.

STRETCH
11-21-2008, 02:30 AM
OK.
well I hope some one was able to help you.
I'll be out of state on vacation for the next 10 days.

Chilli99katana
11-22-2008, 01:25 AM
Enjoy your vacation, and Happy Thanksgiving. I unfortunately have to work on Thursday so I will be around. I haven't done anything more on the bike than greasing the bearings in the triple trees and torquing the front end down. All I need to do now is change the oil and brake fluid, and buy a new left side driver peg and bracket. Everything else is cosmetic, which i am not too worried about. Working on a couple of scratches and cracks on the fairings, which won't be too bad to sand down now that I have it all pretty much filled in with bondo. I think I still need to maybe sync the carbs, but for the most part she is running good.