PDA

View Full Version : Any Suzuki VX800 Owners Here

law1200
11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Hi all, me and my wife just found the site and I was wondering if there is anyone one here that has a Suzuki Vx.:Gum:

Law

rodm850g
11-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Howdy Law,
I don't know for sure...nice bike though....Suzi has mad their fair share of V-Twins in the last few years though....I liked the looks and sound..and welcome to the site ...is a pretty nice place to hang out...lots of friendly folks too....and if you are new to the area LOTS of good riding around here....Are you aware of the GSResources.com....loads of mostly Suzi fands there .....wasn't there a VX rallye down at T.W.O.? Well enjoy and again welcome.....

Rodm850g:icon_welcome:

law1200
11-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Howdy Law,
I don't know for sure...nice bike though....Suzi has mad their fair share of V-Twins in the last few years though....I liked the looks and sound..and welcome to the site ...is a pretty nice place to hang out...lots of friendly folks too....and if you are new to the area LOTS of good riding around here....Are you aware of the GSResources.com....loads of mostly Suzi fands there .....wasn't there a VX rallye down at T.W.O.? Well enjoy and again welcome.....

Rodm850g:icon_welcome:
Thanks for the welcome, yah the GSresources is a great place to get info for the old GS but thats about it, the VX is a Zuk that not many people have seen are know much about. I missed the rally the VX owners had but I did find there web site. I was just woundering if anyone here owned on this and by the way my wife rides this bike(VX800) I ride a Bandit 1200S.

Justin
11-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Hey Law... no VX here... but I'll give props to dem mirror thingamajigs I see if your avatar... those are worth a million in gold. Have had them on every vehicle no matter how many wheels! :scooter:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Kkixd42mCfk/SQcREJm73cI/AAAAAAAAJYI/c4wuANCclGc/s400/DSCN6211.JPG

:icon_welcome:

law1200
11-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Hey Law... no VX here... but I'll give props to dem mirror thingamajigs I see if your avatar... those are worth a million in gold. Have had them on every vehicle no matter how many wheels! :scooter:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Kkixd42mCfk/SQcREJm73cI/AAAAAAAAJYI/c4wuANCclGc/s400/DSCN6211.JPG

:icon_welcome:

Yeah can't ride with out them,:iagree: the picture you posted looks like Fl Key's went down last Nov. and planing a trip down at the end of this mth.(Nov.)
By the way I took that picture on my way up Independence Pass in Colorada this August.

Justin
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
:checkered: :checkered: Indeed it is! Went a month ago. Enjoyed some time there during the Fest :applause: .

Independence pass is awesome too no doubt... but did you go up Pikes Peak!????

:buddies:

law1200
11-09-2008, 02:12 PM
:checkered: :checkered: Indeed it is! Went a month ago. Enjoyed some time there during the Fest :applause: .

Independence pass is awesome too no doubt... but did you go up Pikes Peak!????

:buddies:No. I was press for time I only allowed 7days for the whole trip. Me and my friend got caught in a bad strom and had too ride in it for 2 1/2 days so we could make time the last 3 days of the ride.

Dilliw
11-10-2008, 12:47 PM
Hey Law-

I still kick myself for selling my VX. Here's a pic of it:

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2005/11/07/bikepics-462523-full.jpg

You need to head to the VX rally next year at TWO. GT, the owner of TWO, still rides his VX. Although lots of the old guard have moved on to Stroms, SV's, Bandits, etc. there will still be 10 or so VX's there next May. My wife and I took the Guzzi back in 07 and they still welcomed us. In fact, look no farther than an 07 Guzzi Griso for a VX update. Same weight, long wheelbase, shaft drive, about the same power, etc....

http://gentryla.u28.nozonenet.com/gen_site/07_blackgriso/griso_18.jpg

There's a real good guy in Greenville that rides his regularly. I can send you his contact info if you'd like. Also, the old VX board recently moved:

VX Forum (http://www.vx800forum.com/)

And if you ever go to sell your wife's bike let me know (although I'm after a Griso right now)!

law1200
11-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Sweet bikes, I notice that your VX had a after market exhaust let me geuss Jardene. No one makes a after market exhaust for this bike anymore I been looking for one I also have been looking for a exhaust for a 1992 Suzuki GSX1100G that a friend has, another great bike. We just bought the VX on Labor Day so my wife is really enjoying it sorry we don't have plans of every selling it, its one of those bikes that just feels right under you no matter your riding style.

Dilliw
11-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Yep Jardine slash cuts. Loud but not Harley loud. Going to be hard to find them but I would start on the VX forum that you posted on. Also show up to TWO in May; it's a great group and they will be very helpful in finding stuff. My wife and I missed last year but will be there rain or shine in 09.

Before the VX I almost bought a very nice 1100G but someone beat me to it by 1 hour. It had the rare factory fairing and the factory bags. The week after I bought the VX and was a very happy camper. Put about 15k on it then sold it when my wife started to ride with me 2 up.

law1200
11-10-2008, 06:02 PM
Yep Jardine slash cuts. Loud but not Harley loud. Going to be hard to find them but I would start on the VX forum that you posted on. Also show up to TWO in May; it's a great group and they will be very helpful in finding stuff. My wife and I missed last year but will be there rain or shine in 09.

Before the VX I almost bought a very nice 1100G but someone beat me to it by 1 hour. It had the rare factory fairing and the factory bags. The week after I bought the VX and was a very happy camper. Put about 15k on it then sold it when my wife started to ride with me 2 up.
Yeah the Vx is more of a one up bike with the small 800. I have been trying to post pictures but I can't seem to get the file small enough to up load:rant: .The "G" is a comfie bike with great low end troque but is heavy my bud wieghs 300lbs and it will pull the front up with him on it and when I ride it I can't keep the front down in the first 3 gears (I am a 150lbs on a good day), I will keep trying to post pictures Maybe I can have some up by the end of the week.