PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up, Whaaaaaaaaaaaats Up !!!

C.R.S.
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Is anybody AWAKE??
I know its been cold - wet - Holidays and such, not much riding going on.
Anybody performing winter mods on their bikes?

Later:hiding:

Chilli99katana
01-06-2009, 12:02 AM
Don't know if this qualifies as a 'mod', but I just got my bike running, was so anxious to start riding that I stuck on my unpainted ugly fairings and started riding to work like that. Now I am just tweaking the fairing stay a little and lining up the fairings before I take them off. Of course I am not going to do that unless it gets REALLY cold, because unless its below 40 or raining, I'm riding! And besides, I don't have a garage to paint in anyway...:hiding:

BTW, if you happen to see someone with a blue Suzuki with a white gas tank and a Joe Rocket Corona jacket on, say hi or wave, 'cause that's me! My car won't go into reverse right now, so unless it's raining, I guess I am riding anyway, cold or not...

STRETCH
01-07-2009, 11:13 PM
as for mods I added some acerbis (sp) bark busters to the FZ1 to try and keep the hands a little warmer on those cold days and have been playing with different spring rates and shock combos trying to find something I like. shimmed the needles for a little smoother cold weather performance and did a 520 conversion.
Weather actualy hasn't been that bad. I even took a sick day last wendsday and spent most the day playing up at deals gap. It was great I practicly had the place to my self. I did see Mike aka weekneedrager up there too.

Desmo Demon
01-08-2009, 05:02 AM
I know its been cold - wet - Holidays and such, not much riding going on.
What you talking about? Vicki and I rode over 1000 miles. We rode last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday and this past Monday. I know you made it out one day with us. ;)

Anybody performing winter mods on their bikes?
No mods, just PMs. I just changed out three tires and swapped batteries between the Paso and ST2 so that the ST would have the better battery. I also installed a set of slip-ons, eprom, and an airbox mod on Vicki's ST2. It runs really well, now. On the near future agenda, I need to do the valves and timing belts on the 748, oil change on my ST2, replace a throw-out bearing on the Paso, and Vicki's ST2 is about 400 miles away from needing the valves and timing belts done.

Other than these items, we just dropped off Vicki's R1 for a badly leaking carb. It's been acting up, off-and-on, for about a year, and last Tuesday it finally gave up the ghost. Instead of riding a fire hazard, we decided to put it in the shop. I just simply don't have the time and have limited experience with multiple carbed bikes to want to tackle it, especially with work and another class starting two days ago......At least it looks like the Monster and GSXR don't need anything done to them....well, the GSXR can probably stand to have its oil changed, also.....and both cars, and the truck.....

adamm
01-08-2009, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=Desmo Demon]What you talking about? Vicki and I rode over 1000 miles. We rode last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday and this past Monday. I know you made it out one day with us. ;)

If you let peole know when your goin out Terry you might get more company

Then again ... maybe he didnt want to invite us.....:hsfu:

Desmo Demon
01-08-2009, 05:01 PM
If you let people know when your goin out Terry you might get more company

.....But that's just the problem. Most of the time we have no idea what we are doing, where we are going, when we are leaving, or when we'll be back. It's difficult to make plans with such a lack of planning. You should remember how it was when we ran into you on the Parkway this past summer. We didn't know where we were going for nearly an hour, decided to go to Canton for lunch, then it took us another hour or so to finally decide to ride to Hot Springs. That's how almost all of our rides go....I couldn't tell you the number of times we've left the house with plans of going to northern Georgia to only wind up in Tennessee and not getting home until midnight.

Then again ... maybe he didnt want to invite us.....
IIRC, we invited Chuck on one of those days, left the store without him, and then caught up with him a couple of hours later. Actually, I think he called us. Sorry we didn't invite you, also, but heck, I thought we were getting our daughter back on Wednesday, then Thursday, then Friday, then.....

Vicki hawks the weather when her mom watches Audrey, only to keep pushing out the day of getting her back as future days look rideable.....which doesn't mean crap. We left the house when it was 37-degrees, foggy, and with wet roads. :conf44:

Vicki is the one to keep in touch with for our riding schedule. I never seem to know.

adamm
01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Thats cool: I was just playin with you :)

You know I'm always up for a cruse if I'm not working.