PDA

View Full Version : who's riding saturday

STRETCH
01-22-2009, 10:20 PM
the roads should be mostly dry by noon if it rains friday night, and were looking at a high of 61. Time to play!

Bucky
01-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Not much activity here this week.

I'll probably go out if not rainy. Work first, then ride. Maybe get up to SC-11 and US-178 around 10:00, then easy ride, possibly to Whitewater Falls, then to Seneca to pick up discount ticket at PowerSports for motorcycle show next month.

law1200
01-24-2009, 04:15 AM
I want to ride but I have a late morning apt. with a customer and can't leave Anderson unit 11:00

Desmo Demon
01-24-2009, 08:38 AM
We rode yesterday (Friday). There is sand and salt everywhere in NC, it seems. Most of 178 looks good except for some sand right around Bob's Place (Scatterbrians). The north side of Caesar's Head, above the park, has lots and lots and lots of sand. They were also doing some construction on one small section. It looked like they were digging and putting in some fiber optics, maybe.

We'll be out. It's 9:40, the bikes are rolled outside, and we'll be hitting The Store for breakfast no later than 10:30. CRS is supposed to be meeting us.

Bucky
01-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the road condition report.

STRETCH
01-27-2009, 12:21 AM
most of the north GA mountains were clean I did about 300 mile saturday.
then washed the bike sunday, started it up and the radiator burst in the driveway!:rant:

law1200
01-27-2009, 07:11 AM
Man! boomer thats one of the reason I went with the bandit I didn't want a bike with a water jacket I know water cool bikes are suppose to make more power than a oil cool bike but thats just more care. So what do you think cause that? bad water pump maybe. :Gum:

Desmo Demon
01-27-2009, 07:26 AM
most of the north GA mountains were clean I did about 300 mile saturday.

Saturday was a nice day to ride. Vicki and I just stayed in the local playground of 178/276/176/WaterShed and several of the other local area roads. We heard 28 and Warwoman was nice, but never made it out that way. I still need to wash my ST2, as it is coated with salt and sand. Altogether, I think Vicki and I logged around 800 miles. We finished off two more front tires, so we had a tire-changing party on Saturday evening....and changed the rear tire on CRS's TL, too.

PETE913
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Thsi is a threadjack:thgatlin:

Terry I'm back in town for a few months so check your email and give me a call.

Pete

Continue on:scooter:

Desmo Demon
01-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Terry I'm back in town for a few months so check your email and give me a call.

Hey Pete.....got your email earlier this morning and tried to call you. I didn't get an answer, so I emailed you back. Give me a call this evening, or I'll try to call you. I'm off work at 3pm.

law1200
01-27-2009, 07:34 PM
Hey Stretch have you repaired your rad. yet?

Chilli99katana
01-27-2009, 10:36 PM
:conf44: Saturday, I went on a nice ride to pick up a friend who rides a CBR and we went to another friend's house, As I am a new rider he followed me, but I held a good pace on the highway so we had a great run. We were going to a buddy's house to check out my carbs and tweak my front fairings some. I parked the bike in the driveway, which is a little steep. We were moving a few things around in his garage to make room for my bike when all of the sudden we heard a bang. At first I thought my buddy dropped what he was carrying until i saw that he still had his arms full. Crap. I run over to the other side of the truck to see my bike on its left side, crank case cracked and oil all over the ground. Luckily only the cover was broken. I know a guy on another website that has a good one for cheap, I just hope he can wait till Thursday.
So I guess it's going to be a while before can hit the road again. And that figures, considering my schedule just changed and now I have weekends off.

STRETCH
01-28-2009, 12:15 AM
chilli99katana I"ve got a couple of the small covers (timing advancer cover) if that is the one you broke You can have one. I think I even have a nice new gasket.

just FYI the oil cooled bandits and all the katanas used the same engine covers.

STRETCH
01-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Hey Stretch have you repaired your rad. yet?
not yet.
but I plan to have her up and running by sunday.
I'll either hook up with thos Hendersonville guys or take off for the GA mountains again.