PDA

View Full Version : I Think We're in Trouble

Desmo Demon
02-26-2009, 06:20 AM
In the past, our daughter used to take off and hold her ears whenever I'd fire a bike up around her, but yesterday was different.....

I hadn't ridden the Harley in a while, and had intentions of riding in into work this morning. I shuffled some bikes around and decided to fire the HD up and let it warm up a little while it was in the back yard. Audrey was running around and playing in the backyard, so I waited until she was near the swingset before firing the bike. As soon as I did, she came running over to me, with the bike idling and me wrapping the throttle a little, and she asked to get on the bike. I dropped the passenger pegs down and she climbed right on up the bike. She sat very contently on the passenger's seat, holding my shoulders, while I let the bike warm up for a few minutes. She never asked to go for a ride, but I don't think that is too far away.....

I guess I may have to start pricing little dirtbikes or a small ATV.

chawkes5645
02-26-2009, 06:34 AM
It's that ole Harley magic! :scooter:
ch

Viper
02-26-2009, 07:01 AM

Its in her blood! Good for you!

C.R.S.
02-26-2009, 07:13 AM
I can see this happening in the future:
Audrey, Before I can ride, I need to find a SITTER for Ma & Pa!!!!

How's that for a 180 Upstate Celebs!!

Just like the irony!!

later:bricks:

PETE913
02-26-2009, 09:41 AM
doesn't that just melt your heart? You are in serious trouble now cuase you are gonna need to expand that garage of yours. Now you'll have two women telling you what bike they want:tease:

Wanderer13
02-26-2009, 09:43 AM

As of February 9th (or 10th), it is illegal for dealers to sell dirtbikes under 100cc. It has to do with some bill that was past by our government that had to do with lead paint and kids toys. Somehow, these bikes fell under that category. Now is the time to buy, I am seeing all kinds of small displacement bikes for sale on Craigslist at really cheap prices.

Desmo Demon
02-26-2009, 10:50 AM
It has to do with some bill that was past by our government that had to do with lead paint and kids toys.
Come to think of it, I think I do recall a kid trying to eat his ATV the other day.....oh wait, that was some older dude landing crossed-up from a set of jumps. :Gum:

Yeah, I do remember hearing about that on the news the other day. Audrey has always loved to climb all over the little Suzuki ATV-50 Jr four-wheelers when we see them. I've seen some pretty good deals on the 50cc Suzuki ATV's int eh $800-$1200 range, used.

Fastbrit
02-26-2009, 01:37 PM
Its good to start them young:)
What I do not understand is that you can't buy your kid a motorcycle but you can buy them a child gun, where they can use it to shoot your girl friend.
I am sorry but its a crazy mixed up world .
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/national_world&id=6677173

Desmo Demon
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Its good to start them young:)
What I do not understand is that you can't buy your kid a motorcycle but you can buy them a child gun.

Audrey already has her first gun. I bought it a few weeks after she was born. If the firearms sites weren't blocked at work, I'd post a picture......it's a Cricket 22 single-shot with blued metal and a pink, laminate wood stock.

Edit - I was able to find a small picture....I'll keep looking for a larger one, since I'm still at work...

http://sk1.yt-thm-a03.yimg.com/image/82486981e8e52768

Edit #2 - It looks just like the one this girl is shooting....

http://image14.webshots.com/14/0/2/84/2887002840038183144sUYNyk_ph.jpg

Fastbrit
02-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Audrey already has her first gun. I bought it a few weeks after she was born. If the firearms sites weren't blocked at work, I'd post a picture......it's a Cricket 22 single-shot with blued metal and a pink, laminate wood stock.

Edit - I was able to find a small picture....I'll keep looking for a larger one, since I'm still at work...

http://sk1.yt-thm-a03.yimg.com/image/82486981e8e52768

Edit #2 - It looks just like the one this girl is shooting....

http://image14.webshots.com/14/0/2/84/2887002840038183144sUYNyk_ph.jpg
Just watch your'e back and I hope she dosn't get mad at you :tease:

Desmo Demon
02-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Just watch your'e back and I hope she dosn't get mad at you :tease:
Heck, she's not a threat.....It's Vicki I need to watch out for! She carries more often than I do! :hunter:

Audrey's seen her gun and knows it's hers, but at four-years old, she has not shot it and won't until I feel that she is ready.....just like riding on the back of a bike.....she's not ready for either one of them, yet.

Suzuki Vicki
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Audrey's seen her gun and knows it's hers, but at four-years old, she has not shot it and won't until I feel that she is ready.....just like riding on the back of a bike.....she's not ready for either one of them, yet.
You're not ready for doing either one of them yet! But we let you ride and got to thee range anyway!:focus:
I still want to try to ride and shoot at the same time!:hunter: :scooter:

Suzuki Vicki
02-26-2009, 04:00 PM
Heck, she's not a threat.....It's Vicki I need to watch out for! She carries more often than I do! :hunter:
Just don't tick me off to badly.:blum:
And of course, you have to let me go riding when I want to!:scooter: