PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary, Vicki!!!!

Desmo Demon
03-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Today marks the anniversary of the first day Vicki rode her own bike, again, after her accident. It was three years ago, today, that she first climbed on her GSXR and drove it about 20 miles with me following her in the car with Audrey in the car seat. I still remember her grinning from ear to ear when she got off the bike.

Since then, in the three year period, she's dragged me out in all sorts of weather and for many, many miles (several that I never would have ridden if it wasn't for her). She's logged over 40k miles in the three years and "graduated" to riding alone, last year, while I'm at work and we have a babysitter during the week.

So, it's been three years back on her own bike after nearly three years off of one due to her injuries. I imagine most of the motorcycling population would have never gotten back on a bike if they went through what she has, so...

Congratulations, Vicki! :ohyea:

C.R.S.
03-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Today marks the anniversary of the first day Vicki rode her own bike, again, after her accident. It was three years ago, today, that she first climbed on her GSXR and drove it about 20 miles with me following her in the car with Audrey in the car seat. I still remember her grinning from ear to ear when she got off the bike.

Since then, in the three year period, she's dragged me out in all sorts of weather and for many, many miles (several that I never would have ridden if it wasn't for her). She's logged over 40k miles in the three years and "graduated" to riding alone, last year, while I'm at work and we have a babysitter during the week.

So, it's been three years back on her own bike after nearly three years off of one due to her injuries. I imagine most of the motorcycling population would have never gotten back on a bike if they went through what she has, so...

Congratulations, Vicki! :ohyea:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW :buddies:
It has been an honor to ride with The Vickie and de Desmo and for her to overcome all that diversity to get where she is at today.
Congrats MAAAAAAAAM!!

law1200
03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Congrats, you are one strong woman :smiliegang

intel_killer
03-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Congrats on the special day, it says a lot to get back on the horse!

:scooter:

MV031161
03-17-2009, 09:51 AM
WooooHoooooooo!

Wanderer13
03-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Great accomplishment. Happy anniversary.

rocketman1098S
03-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Happy Anniversary Vicki (and Terry)! I am very glad to be able to know you guys. What an accomplishment! Hope to see you soon!

Mark

Suzuki Vicki
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Awww....geee
Thanks everyone!You all just make my day sometimes!:king:
I'm just so very thankful to be able to ride again! There's not much in life that I truly would call a passion, but for me, bike riding is just that. :wheelie:
Other than my family & friends, Bike riding is the most important thing that I can think of. :301:
PS: I'm suprised that Terry was thoughtful enough to remember and to mention this.... (Thanks Beebes!):beer:

C.R.S.
03-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Oh yea, dont forget you and desmo's romantic candle lite wine sipping tire changing dinners!:ohyea:
Later!

WeKneeDragger
03-18-2009, 09:58 PM
Terry just couldn't keep her in that there :rpin:
Proud of you girl