PDA

View Full Version : Just an Intro...

USMCSVRider
03-30-2009, 08:21 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself as a very new guy on the site.. Met a few of you up off of 178 a few weeks ago, and finally got registered up on the site.. Thanks DesmoDemon for your assistance!! Look forward to meeting a few of you out there on the road..

Desmo Demon
03-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks DesmoDemon for your assistance!!

I'm glad to see you were able to register. It's good to see you around. Maybe we'll get out for a ride, sometime. You'll find a lot of good folks on this site and down at "Da Sto" at Hwy 178 and Hwy 11.

We'll catch ya around!

OGRE!
03-31-2009, 03:30 AM
Welcome to the forum.

law1200
03-31-2009, 04:14 AM
Welcome to the nut house:focus:

DucatiJeff
03-31-2009, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the nut house:focus:

I resemble that remark! :tease:

Welcome the CR :icon_welcome: :trolls: :icon_welcome:

Viper
03-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Welcome!:dance3:

C.R.S.
03-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Welcome aboard!!

Suzuki Vicki
03-31-2009, 06:00 PM
HI!
Glad to see that you finally made it here!:icon_welcome:

WeKneeDragger
03-31-2009, 07:11 PM
You poor thing, run man run

Bucky
03-31-2009, 07:52 PM
Welcome! Lots of great places to ride and all levels of riders here.

USMCSVRider
03-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Looking forward to meeting those of you I don't know! And seeing those of you that do! I've been hitting it early on Sundays, since my wife is pregnant and sleeps in a bit.. See you all soon!

law1200
03-31-2009, 10:09 PM
Pregnant!:Poof: man! you better ride when you can because your riding days are number after the baby. You will soon be a memory to those that know you around the store. They will stand around and tell story's about you and laff at funny things you have said and done oh yeah we will see you lurking around the site from time too time but with out a good day in the saddle to stimulate the portion of your brain that feeds your throttle/typing hand you (I use the same,Oh yes just the right to type in the forms)want chime in because you will have lost your mind to the crys of a baby rather than the sweet soothing sounds of that 70 degree V-twin engine.

Congrats:applause: I hope everything is going well with the pregnancie.

By the way I have 5 kids oldest is 16 the youngest is 4 yrs hope to see you at the store:tease:

USMCSVRider
04-01-2009, 07:38 AM
Pregnant!:Poof: man! you better ride when you can because your riding days are number after the baby. You will soon be a memory to those that know you around the store. They will stand around and tell story's about you and laff at funny things you have said and done oh yeah we will see you lurking around the site from time too time but with out a good day in the saddle to stimulate the portion of your brain that feeds your throttle/typing hand you (I use the same,Oh yes just the right to type in the forms)want chime in because you will have lost your mind to the crys of a baby rather than the sweet soothing sounds of that 70 degree V-twin engine.

Congrats:applause: I hope everything is going well with the pregnancie.

By the way I have 5 kids oldest is 16 the youngest is 4 yrs hope to see you at the store:tease:

Definitely going to be a life changing event.. I commute everyday, and take those Sunday rides, so I don't think I'll ever hang the helmet up.. My wife has been understanding thus far so, I still get "my" time as we speak.. I'm sure some of that will change though, and I'll have to sqeeze a ride in wherever..LOL

C.R.S.
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Congrats on your new addition!

I gave up riding in the late 80's for the Family Raising 3 X Kids.
I didnt start riding again until 2001 of course with the Wifey's permission.
Been making up for lost riding time ever since!

Post up when your ready to ride!!

LAter:beach:

Suzuki Vicki
04-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Man, I guess you guys don't have the "Granny wars" that Terry and I have to deal with.
If one granny gets Audrey, within 1 or 2 weeks the other granny better get her turn with Audrey too, or there is hell to pay! :hunter:
On the up side to the wars, as long as we keep both grannies happy, both of us get to go out and do a good bit of riding.:wheelie:
Of course when Audrey was first born, I had to stay home & take care of her. But that didn't count because I wasn't in any shape to be riding anyway!:tease:
And to give Terry proper credit, he didn't ride very much either. Just a ride here and there plus his commute to work.:scooter:

USMCSVRider
04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Man, I guess you guys don't have the "Granny wars" that Terry and I have to deal with.
If one granny gets Audrey, within 1 or 2 weeks the other granny better get her turn with Audrey too, or there is hell to pay! :hunter:
On the up side to the wars, as long as we keep both grannies happy, both of us get to go out and do a good bit of riding.:wheelie:
Of course when Audrey was first born, I had to stay home & take care of her. But that didn't count because I wasn't in any shape to be riding anyway!:tease:
And to give Terry proper credit, he didn't ride very much either. Just a ride here and there plus his commute to work.:scooter:

I wish we had more family in the area, but we're from western NY so no one has followed us down to the warm and sunny South yet.. I've been stationed South of the Mason-Dixon for most of my career, so I couldn't wait to get back down here and enjoy the year round riding that is offered.. My in-laws are talking about moving to the area, but no solid plans for it yet.. We'll have to find a good baby-sitter!!

law1200
04-02-2009, 08:55 PM

No I only have the outlaw:hunter: for a inlaw my kids might see them once a month the only family I have here is my dad and he is not able to take care of any of the kids.

Suzuki Vicki
04-03-2009, 12:27 PM
I've got a good solution for everyone,...(well, except maybe the poor little kids!)
We stick Terry with babysitting everyone's kid at the same time and we all pile out and got for a ride!:dance3:
I think that might just be nudge to push him over the edge tht I've been searching for! ( I want that life insurance money!):rtfm:

Bucky
04-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Our baby was born almost 22 years ago. Finishing college now.

...so dad (me) bought himself a motorcycle --> Second childhood, maybe.

It seems only yesterday that we were burping that little bundle of joy. I don't know where the time has gone.

Enjoy and nurture those kids, we're entrusted with them by God.

law1200
04-03-2009, 09:29 PM
It seems that everyone that have 1 too 2 kids always say they grow up to fast and me on the other hand I can't wait for my kids to grow up and leave home so me and the wife can sale the house and disappear:beach: . I am remodeling the air stream now so when the 4th kid finish school we are out of here, we will have to take the 5th one with us he has a long ways to go

David
04-10-2009, 05:00 PM
I have two kids, one was born in February. The wife feels safer about me riding since she took the MSF class down in Anderson. She also compares my gear and riding habits to the average and knows that I do my best to ride safe. And life insurance cures the rest of the worries... ;)