PDA

View Full Version : Who Can Ride During The Week Days

law1200
04-28-2009, 02:49 PM
I was just wondering who here can and would like to ride during the week days when there is a lot less traffic. Be sure to include the day,time and road you like to ride.

Law

STRETCH
04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
heading to deals gap tomorow.
leaving the store between 10:00 am and 10:30.
I expect to be back at the store around 19:00 aka 7pm.
i probably will not stop untill I reach the C.R.O.T. 110 miles from the store.

I ride recreationaly mid day at least one day a week, every week (usualy 250 miles or less) + one day every weekend (usualy 350 miles or more).

USMCSVRider
04-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I was just wondering who here can and would like to ride during the week days when there is a lot less traffic. Be sure to include the day,time and road you like to ride.

Law

I would really like to hook up with some of you guys, however during the week is damn near impossible for me.. My main ride day is Sunday and usually push out between 10 and 11.. I usually ride 276 out of Greenville, to 288 to 178, up to the NC line and back.. I learned the loop this past weekend, so I may start doing that as well..

law1200
04-29-2009, 06:02 AM
Too short of a notice for me STRECTH I would need at least a days notice to do a all day ride. The starting time is not a problem it's the return time, by the way I think you will be getting wet today if you go to Tennesse, enjoy the ride and becarefull.

rufrydrsc2
04-29-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm going to be riding this week. For me it depends on how my work schedule goes as sometimes I'm off during the week. I know it's supposed to be raining, but if we don't get what they're calling for and someone's going out let me know. Even if it's just a short jaunt.

STRETCH
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Too short of a notice for me STRECTH I would need at least a days notice to do a all day ride. The starting time is not a problem it's the return time, by the way I think you will be getting wet today if you go to Tennesse, enjoy the ride and becarefull.
no rain it was just sunshine and 75 degrees. I couldn't have asked for better.
Puts me in a good mood before work. better then coffe.

law1200
04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
would anyone like to ride Friday if so just name the rode and timeVroomVroom. Stretch I am glad you had a great ride and made it back safely.

rufrydrsc2
04-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Friday is supposed to be pretty rainy. I'm riding today if anyone else is going to. I'm going to head out to cycle gear, grab some chain lube (sorely needed), and then head out to the store. Anyone else? Oh, and if any of yall ever see a silver VFR800 at the store please come up and introduce yourselves. I always feel akward going up and talking to groups I don't know.

chawkes5645
05-07-2009, 09:27 AM
I can! I'm back in the Game!

The annual V-Strom Rally is next week in Robbinsville, I was up there camping 2 weeks ago and almost froze at night.It was great.
PM me or call
chris

STRETCH
05-07-2009, 04:47 PM
out today (thursday) playing on 178/215.
I saw someone on what looked like a ninja heading the other way, not sure who it was.
he did a little turn around jesture with his finger and pointed behind him.
I thought there might be a cop so I headed back to the store.

I've always felt that helmet tapping was universal for cop. does anyone hear use a different jesture?

chawkes5645
05-07-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm riding up HWY 28 Wallhalla to Robbinsville area 5/14 anyone wanna ride along? Leaving in the am after some coffee.

law1200
05-07-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey Chris how have you been, do have that DR broke in yet? I might be able to go with you I will let you know the day before you plan to ride.

Amos

STRETCH
05-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm planning to ride 28 through robbinsville to deals gap, either next wednesday or thursday. If thursday I may ride with Y'all. right now wednesday is looking like the nicer day but I won't put my vacation in until monday.:wheelie:

chawkes5645
05-10-2009, 03:12 PM
That's the way are going! It's a great ride, One of my Fav's and Traffic should be light .I can't leave until Thursday. Amos and I have ridden together. We have a similar pace.We had a good time. He mentioned getting us together then.

I'm staying up by Deals Gap through Thursday -Sunday in Stecoh? the V-Strom Rally. Lst year there was about 100 - 80 bikes - 75% Stroms.

It's big time fun. camping is nice. Rooms may be booked.

The big Deal this Year is that they will have a Professional Riding Instructor there giving a free clinic, some one on one stuff. It's free.
I rode with her recently and it really changed the way I now ride.She's very entertaining.

Susan Galpin, she is fairly well known in this area at has done here thing at TWO before.Here semiar class is " How to execute corners before the Execute you" She rides fast and is in her mid-60's, Iron Butt Competitor,National MSF Instructor,Racer.....
call me at 864 -944- 5645 as I don't alway ck the board!
Amos, call me I need wrench help!

chris

chawkes5645
05-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Amos,
the DR is awesome, I hardly ride the Strom. I havent done any of the brake stuff or even the fork brace. I need a little help.

The DR took a little time to loosen up,and many oil changes. It's set up too lean and I need some help there too. It's still very quick, torque'y, fast handles good and has the poorest excuse for a seat.
ch

Suzuki Vicki
05-11-2009, 05:02 PM
When we have a sitter for Audrey, I can usually get out on the Friday(and sometimes the Thursday) before the weekend. Normally, we usually post up the week before when we have a sitter.

STRETCH
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Tuesday, May 12
High: 78 °F RealFeelŪ: 81 °F
Mostly sunny and pleasant

sorry I'm gonna miss you guys but tomorow is looking too nice to pass up.
I think this is going to do in the diablos. Good thing there is a sale this friday at cycle gear.

rufrydrsc2
05-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Hey, my calender has just been cleared, so I'll definately be able to ride on weekdays until further notice. Anyone going to Quaker Steak and Lube Wed night?

STRETCH
06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
riding tomorow 3 June