PDA

View Full Version : Best Day Ever !!!!!

STRETCH
04-29-2009, 09:18 PM
Had a great breakfast at the store, and a nice ride up to Deals gap and then on my first pass.........
I touched down a knee for the very first time ever in ten years of riding. then a moment later for the second time, a third time and then almost every time.
on the way home I was scraping on 28.
That's the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. I had no idea it would be this much fun.
I feel like a kid again:dance3:
why didn't anybody tell me how much fun this is?

C.R.S.
04-29-2009, 11:12 PM
Congrats on the ride and the pucks down.
When I kneed the first time, just barely touched down it was a little unnerving. Now its a hoot! :dance3:

Since your name is STRETCH, you could drag your puck without hardly leaning the FZ over at all based on your avatar pic.

Remember: Kneed Responsibly and Safely

Later:beach:

STRETCH
04-29-2009, 11:37 PM
you would think so but I had to pull the feelers off the pegs add stiffer springs front and back and pull the centerstand to get enough lean angle. and I still grind the foot pegs every time.
I think its a combination of long shins, poor fitting leathers and just a lack of flexibility on my part.
Thats as far as I can get my knee out and it's a couple inches off the ground in my avitar.
But I did it now,:ohyea: and I couldn't believe how fun it was.

Desmo Demon
04-30-2009, 07:45 AM
on the way home I was scraping on 28.
There are sections of 28 that I REALLY like! ;)

Just wait until you ride 197, again......The RRP (otherwise known as the RR Raceway) is really coarse and will chew those pucks (and tires) up really good.

intel_killer
04-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Congrats! That's the best description of the first time you get a knee down. It's like, "what's this?" And then you are doing it all the time :dance3:

chawkes5645
05-07-2009, 09:45 PM
It's like riding a bicycle! So to speak. I know a guy who knows a guy... no really I have a friend who can ride around his parking lot and drag the pegs the whole way. http://www.lansfordkawasaki.com/

He was the kid on the block who could ride the best wheelie on a bicycle and his 1st Kawasaki 100
not the burn-out guy on the link the next one.