PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 5/10

rufrydrsc2
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Any wanting to ride are welcome. SDZX10 and I are planning on getting together for a ride starting about 9:30am. We're going to meet up at the store where Hwy's 14 & 11 cross. The pace will be relaxed. When we've got a route planned we'll post up, or anyone wanting to go can suggest one.

USMCSVRider
05-06-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm in if I can make it.. Wife is out of town..

STRETCH
05-07-2009, 05:49 PM
I may tag along for a while.
post up when you have a route or destination.

rufrydrsc2
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I was thinking 11, over ceasar's head, 64 to 28 to 85 home. Eating lunch maybe at Tavern at the Falls. Either that or up 26, over the parkway south till we turn around. The only thing about that is eating. We'll have to find somewhere to eat on the parkway. That route bypasses the closed down part.

Slippin
05-08-2009, 01:23 PM
If you guys don't mind having a new guy along, I should be able to make it.

STRETCH
05-08-2009, 05:34 PM
welcome aboard Slippin.

I'll tag along to about were 28 hits 107 then I'm gonna turn off on 107. I realy don't enjoy I-85.

sdzx10
05-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Hey slippin welcome aboard, are you new to the area or just this site,either way your more than welcome to come along.

rufrydrsc2
05-09-2009, 08:17 AM
Welcome Slippin! Come right along, glad to have ya. Looks like .akai will be joining us too. Stretch, we can all continue down 107 as well. I'm not completely famaliar with the total route as I just came up with it from following roads off Google Earth, and what I remember from the ride I took up there last month. Oh, and if we're taking this route up 64, bring cash for lunch. The last time I went to this restaurant it wasn't taking cards. I don't remember when they were supposed to start, the date was either april or may. Just throw a $20 spot in your pocket to be safe. I know alot of people are like me, don't carry any cash unless necessary. It's a great place to eat though. Such good pies!

USMCSVRider
05-10-2009, 06:35 AM
Are you guys still going?? Looks like the rain will catch us the way back in...

rufrydrsc2
05-10-2009, 07:23 AM
I think we'll be alright. We can ride to avoid it. If we start to come into rain we'll turn around and ride back down 64 to get back. I'm still going to be there. Don't worry. I run from rain.

Slippin
05-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Enjoyed meeting you guys (and gals), thanks for making me feel welcomed.

Fantastic ride, great weather with good food and company makes for a near perfect day in my book. Hope to catch up with you guys again soon.

USMCSVRider
05-11-2009, 12:20 PM
I am extremely bummed that I did not make it up there.. Ended up having to go into the office early, and departed from here on Pelham, and got twisted up once I was on the back roads trying to get to the gas station.. Earlier I was concerned about the rain, however, it turned out to be a great day.. Hope I can catch up with you guys at some point and ride.. Sorry I missed it..

STRETCH
05-11-2009, 04:29 PM
The pace will be relaxed. . :ok:

rufrydrsc2
05-11-2009, 05:01 PM
ROFL. Yeah, the pace got a little quicker than relaxed. LOL. Never got out of my comfort zone though, so it was completely enjoyable the whole way. Nice pic. I didn't even see you go take that one. Slippin, great to meet you, hope we ride again. Stretch, ZX10 (and wife), a pleasure as always. Law, good to meet you, hope to ride with you one of these days. Glad we had a good ride, I went into work this morning and got laid off. Needless to say that kinda put a damper on my week. Ah well, when one door closes another opens.

STRETCH
05-11-2009, 06:01 PM
I went into work this morning and got laid off. Needless to say that kinda put a damper on my week. Ah well, when one door closes another opens.

well that sucks!
But maybe now you'll be able to stay in the Greenville area.

rufrydrsc2
05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I'm now playing around with the idea of staying around the greenville area until Vicki finds something in Charlotte. She can just make so much more money up there than here.

C.R.S.
05-11-2009, 07:37 PM
:ok:

Looks like yall had good time.:dance3:

To me this is what its all about.
Meet'n folks and hittin the twisteees at touring and/or spirited pace then take a little break then hit'm again!
It doesn't matter as long as your riding responsibly!
If it's otay I'd like to hook up with yall an hit'm at some some point.

Yall Ride Safe!

STRETCH
05-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Looks like yall had good time.:dance3:

To me this is what its all about.
Meet'n folks and hittin the twisteees at touring and/or spirited pace then take a little break then hit'm again!
It doesn't matter as long as your riding responsibly!
If it's otay I'd like to hook up with yall an hit'm at some some point.

Yall Ride Safe!
If the weather cooperates how would you feel about a ride to the tire eater saturday:wheelie:
figure 150-200 miles round trip, depending on the route and how many passes we make

sdzx10
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Sorry to here about the layoff but like Stretch says maybe you'll hang around here a little longer.Once again thanks to Stretch for breaking out his little black book of favorite roads and sharing a few of them with us. Rt.28 was a blast can't wait to hit it again!

rufrydrsc2
05-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Scott, I'll find something to cover me for a while. It's definately nice to have someone with us that knows all the roads. I can't wait to hit 28 with yall again. Such good sweepers.

law1200
05-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Yeah it was great meeting you guys maybe I will catch you all on the next ride:scooter:

C.R.S.
05-12-2009, 07:09 AM
If the weather cooperates how would you feel about a ride to the tire eater saturday:wheelie:
figure 150-200 miles round trip, depending on the route and how many passes we make

Pending Weather of course!

Let me get my kitchen pointers in (yard work, dishes etc. he he ):bricks:

I'll check in Friday and see whats up!
The tire eater curiosity has been killin me!!

Later:beach:

rufrydrsc2
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
Rode the same route again today. Such fun.

Slippin
05-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Rode the same route again today. Such fun.

You lucky dog. I rode the same route in my mind today, it wasn't the same.

Kudos to your attitude about the job situation. Things happen for a reason.

STRETCH
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
glad y'all enjoyed buck creek road.
some people love it some hate it.
right now its about 4 love to 1 hate

STRETCH
05-12-2009, 09:21 PM

here is a pic of turn one, as seen on the return trip.
I bet you've been there before.

I'm sure some people will recognize the road please don't give it away.
It's one of my favorites right now and not yet overrun with ricky racers and the cops they inevitably bring with them.

rufrydrsc2
05-13-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah, there's not alot I can do about it so no point in being too pissed. Just sucks being let go through text message and he won't even answer the phone to give me an explanation. I needed a good stress relieving ride where I could hang off the bike and really enjoy the corners. Did the whole ride in right at 4 hrs, plus got to meet a couple of riders at the store. Neither of which are on here, but a guy w/ an ST4 that wants to ride with us the next time we go.

STRETCH
05-15-2009, 03:41 PM

weather's not cooperating this weekend, I think I'm gonna stick closer to the house saturday and probably stay home sunday.

rufrydrsc2
05-15-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm going to go to the Crawfish Boil on Sat and then try to get out some Sunday. I'll stick close to home though.