PDA

View Full Version : 100!

rufrydrsc2
06-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok, it's official. We finally topped triple digits for the year (and I'm not talking about the speedo). Who's out riding? (Besides me) Remember to stay hydrated, take breaks as needed, and watch out for the warning signs of heat exhaustion. Be careful out there everyone!

Bucky
06-20-2009, 08:11 PM
I went out, later than usual.
Lunch at The Store, then Eastatoe Valley, then got lost somewhere near Oconee Station (asked an intrepid bicyclist where I was).
Had to keep moving to keep cool in the gear. Radiator heat on the legs was significant today.
Beautiful day to be out, though.

Wolfman
06-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I'm headed up to the mountains tomorrow for some fun... I have a 2L water bladder that fits in my tank bag so I always have water on rides :beach:

Dilliw
06-20-2009, 09:15 PM
Cooling vest helps. It makes you stop frequently too to recharge it (and get some water).

law1200
06-20-2009, 11:03 PM
I got to the store a little after 4 today and rode until about 6:30. Me and the wife will be there tomorrow around 8:30 for a few hours of riding.:scooter:
O'yah ran into Terry and Vicki they were riding in a air condition car and eating ice cream with their little girl as if it was to hot to be riding, they said that they didn't have a baby sitter but I wounder

Desmo Demon
06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
they said that they didn't have a baby sitter but I wounder
We'll have a babysitter starting this Thursday, but whether we get out or not will depend on Vicki's foot, she's having some minor surgury on Thursday morning to remove some metal pins out of her foot. Knowing her, she'll want to go riding Thursday afternoon and Friday....and Saturday....and Sunday....and Monday....and Tuesday.....and Wednesday.....until we get the little one back from Grammy's house.

I ever tell you about when Vicki broke her shin where the crack ran down the bone? When she applied pressure on the leg, it was prying the knuckles of the bone at her knee apart.......While riding home from the hospital on Saturday evening, she said....."I think if I wrap it tight enough, we can ride our loop in northern Georgia tomorrow."........

I think the woman has some "issues". LOL :D

For hot weather, do as we do....head straight for the mountains and head for higher elevations. ;)