PDA

View Full Version : 6/27 hwy 178 pics

PGWelch
06-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Pics from today are uploading and processing. I did not get as many pics today due to low turnout. I also had a lot more throw aways today. There was too much shade that early in the day. Stretch stopped and chatted for a bit. Thank you for some insights and education about bikes and riding. I'm learning. I'll try to get up to 215 to scout out a spot for HOT days like today.

STRETCH
06-28-2009, 02:40 PM
nice to finaly meet you.
you were right the pictures in that left hander do turn out the best.
come pay day I'll have to order a couple.
thanks.:y_peace:

Dilliw
06-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Patrick-

There is a Guzzi rally the first week of August at the Blue Ridge Campground on 276. 215 just the other side of the parkway is a favorite stretch. I can get the word out on the Guzzi site or to the rally sponsor if you're up that way. Should be plenty of bikes.

Geo

Jul 31 to Aug 2, 2009
North Carolina Moto Guzzis in the Blue Ridge
Moto Guzzi campout at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Cruso, North Carolina. Ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, north on Highway 276. Full facility campground with campsites, hot showers, laundry, and chalets. Full service restaurant. Awards for Guzzi riders. No registration fee for rally. Call campground to reserve chalet: 828-235-8350. Blue Ridge Campground, 59 Motorcycle Drive, Canton, North Carolina 28716. http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/.

PGWelch
06-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Patrick-

There is a Guzzi rally the first week of August at the Blue Ridge Campground on 276. 215 just the other side of the parkway is a favorite stretch. I can get the word out on the Guzzi site or to the rally sponsor if you're up that way. Should be plenty of bikes.

Geo

Jul 31 to Aug 2, 2009
North Carolina Moto Guzzis in the Blue Ridge
Moto Guzzi campout at Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground, Cruso, North Carolina. Ten minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, north on Highway 276. Full facility campground with campsites, hot showers, laundry, and chalets. Full service restaurant. Awards for Guzzi riders. No registration fee for rally. Call campground to reserve chalet: 828-235-8350. Blue Ridge Campground, 59 Motorcycle Drive, Canton, North Carolina 28716. http://www.blueridgemotorcyclecamp.com/.

If I can locate a good spot for taking pictures in that area, I would love to do that rally. More information please.

STRETCH
06-29-2009, 04:39 PM
theres a pull off a few miles north of the BRP on 276 that would make an ideal spot. a nice sharp right hander wit a view of the decreasing radius below and the sharp left just above.
couple thousand feet higher elevation then where you sit on 178 so all things being =, it should be a little cooler too.

PGWelch
06-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Thanks Stretch, I'll check that spot out. I'll need to look at other factors also, like available sunlight. Shade and overcast are enemies to this type of photography.