PDA

View Full Version : Wekneedragger down

fatbacklow
07-18-2009, 09:28 PM
I dont know the particulars but I got a text today that he went down on his SV1000. Broke his collar bone,three ribs and punctured a lung. And still the tough bastard picked up his bike and rode 100 miles home. If you have any info on him let us know and keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

rodm850g
07-19-2009, 06:36 AM
We'll say one for him from the Fayetteville area....we riders need to keep other riders in our thoughts and prayers...
Rod

flynfink
07-19-2009, 08:59 AM
thoughts and prayers.

PGWelch
07-19-2009, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Mike. Stretch stopped to talk on the 12th and asked if I had seen him. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks, which seemed very out of the ordinary. WeKneeDragger will recover and be out again before we know it. Here's wishing WeKneeDragger a speedy recovery.

rufrydrsc2
07-19-2009, 12:09 PM
He went down on the 3rd. A day after I did. From what I heard he's home and recovering.

STRETCH
07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
He went down on the 3rd. A day after I did. From what I heard he's home and recovering.
our prayers are with you mike. make a speedy recovery. Mat I didnt know you went down this month. I guess you and the bike are ok. since you're still riding. What hapened?

rufrydrsc2
07-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Was heading down 288 toward the store and some jackhole had mowed his whole lawn into the road. I was only going ~35 when I hit the grass and tried to go as straight through it as possible, but it was an off camber right hander and the back tire just slid out ever-so-gently. I stayed on the bike, rode out the lowside, and came to a stop on my right side. Result was rashed up right lower fairing, front cowl, right saddlebag, broken mirror, broken windshield, and misaligned forks. Nothing happened to me though, other than my heel getting pinched between the footpeg and the bike. All has been repaired. It pays to have a father that's an autobody repairman.

You've got our prayers too Mike, get well and get on here and chat with us. What else're you going to do while recovering. :) Maybe CRS can enlighten us on what happened.

PGWelch
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
My wife and I encountered the same thing on 288 on July 6th. There was a stretch of about a mile that there was only half a lane available headed towards Marietta. I'm glad you are alright. The bike can be repaired or replaced.

Desmo Demon
07-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Was heading down 288 toward the store and some jackhole had mowed his whole lawn into the road.
You should have called the cops, had an accident report made, adn then sued the owner of the property for "littering" onto the road and making the road a hazard. I believe you could have sued his home owners policy and gotten everything repaired with new OEM parts at no cost to you......at least that is what I would ahev tried to do....

Yeah, Mike had a misfortunate accident. I spoke with him last weekend and he was in good spirits. It'll take him a little while to recouperate, so hopefully the pain meds will continue to help him out for a while.

rufrydrsc2
07-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Yeah, a couple people had told me that, but I had already claimed it on my ins and gotten it settled before I knew I could do that.

C.R.S.
07-20-2009, 01:31 AM
7/3 Wekneedragger and I were heading up to the Gap, just above Highlands on 28 is where Mike went down hard around 10:30 AM. Mike tumbled and slid a few feet and his SV slid further and came to rest against the guard rail. Some folks stopped by and assisted, EMS was called and arrived within minutes. They checked him over and cleared him to ride back. So with busted up Mike & SV we started heading back, we stopped at Mountain Rest Cafe for about 30 minutes and Mike said something doesn't feel right. I told'm we dont have to ride the bikes back I can have my Son (Lives in Clemson) pick us/bikes up, he said no, I'll be able to make it home as long as we take it easy. We continued on. We got to Mike's house around 2:00. That evening he was admitted to Greenville Memorial.
Injuries: Calapsed lung, Fractured Collar Bone, 3 X Cracked Ribs, Broken Knuckle, Hip Injury? not sure whats going there.
He came home last week and is healing.
I talked with him Friday and he's in good spirits and is healing/recovering well!
Mike is Trooper and I hope he gets well soon.

Lesson to be learned:
Always ride with someone, you never know when something like this will happen.

Heal Up Wekneedragger!!:smiliegang

law1200
07-20-2009, 07:17 AM
Sorry to hear you went down Mike :poorguy: but glad it wasn't a fall that you couldn't recover from. Looks like you are going to be spending lots of time with the girlfriend on.

Dilliw
07-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Best wishes Mike and here's hope for a speedy recovery.

Hope to see you back up at the Junction soon :)

Slippin
07-20-2009, 10:39 AM
7/3 Wekneedragger and I were heading up to the Gap, just above Highlands on 28 is where Mike went down hard around 10:30 AM.

I rode past this accident. I haven't met either of you guys, so I didn't know it was you. By the time I was there EMS and the cops were there and they had closed one lane of traffic and were directing us around. When I rode by the bikes were up and the two of you were standing. I remember saying to myself "Thank God it was nothing too serious" because if you go off the edge there or smack that guard-rail, it would be very bad. Kinda scary that EMS cleared him to ride back given what turned out to be the extent of his injuries. He must be one tough son-of-gun.

Wekneedragger, glad to hear you are doing ok, hope you are back to 100% real soon.

WeKneeDragger
07-20-2009, 11:27 AM
thanks all for your kind thoughts
typing w/1 hand sucks slowly
ems wanted to take me, said i had low air count
ended up with a tube stuck in my chest cavity for 4 days, painfull
bottom line take the ride 2 b cked out, doc said i could have died that night if i wouldn't have came in
60000 + miles in 2 yrs, the rubber side is probably going to come up, be safe and remember me when you throw a leg over your pride and joy to go for that ride

ATGATT
My leathers and helmet saved me. The heat from sliding burned my skin but didn't go through my leathers. My helmet was scuffed 360 degrees. Carbon fiber on the knuckles of the gloves.

rufrydrsc2
07-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Good to hear from you Mike! I'm glad you're recovering.

fatbacklow
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM
glad to hear you are somewhat back up, if not running yet Mike. Anyone who can throw a big bagger around like you do has my respect. so get well soon and we'll see you out there again.:scooter:
:outtahere:

WeKneeDragger
07-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Now for the good part of this post.
I totally screwed up this guy's 4th of July weekend and he is still nice enough to get my broken butt home.
For this I think you C.R.S. Won't have made home w/o you:congrats:

C.R.S.
07-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Now for the good part of this post.
I totally screwed up this guy's 4th of July weekend and he is still nice enough to get my broken butt home.
For this I think you C.R.S. Won't have made home w/o you:congrats:

As I stated before, its not about me. its about gettin ya back home and on the mend!!
Let me know if ya need anything!!

Oh yea, thanks for the Honkin this mornin when yall rode by.
Tell the Better Half Howdy for me!

:outtahere:

STRETCH
07-22-2009, 09:29 PM
I try to avoid this section of 64/28 aka the gorge. it is a very curvy section of road but the trafic crawls through there. usualy in the wrong lane. ive even had one local in a truck try to run me off the road there before. that combined with the tar snakes and nowere to safely pass and i gave up on that section of road. i've found better roads like norton or buck creek to bypass the gorge. mike glad your doing well. i expect to see a large silver blur out there again soon.

Bucky
07-24-2009, 08:24 AM
I try to avoid this section of 64/28 aka the gorge. I like Norton or Buck Creek to bypass the gorge.

Hey Stretch,

Can you point out these alternates? I can't spot them on the map.

Bucky

Bucky
07-24-2009, 09:40 AM
...someone had mowed his whole lawn into the road. I was only going ~35 when I hit the grass and tried to go as straight through it as possible...

There has been a lot of this lately, both city and country roads.

The city of Easley has recently done some pothole patching with tar and chip technique. It is like riding on bearing balls until the excess stone gets dispersed.

STRETCH
07-27-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey Stretch,

Can you point out these alternates? I can't spot them on the map.

Bucky
for buck creek take the firs right after the hospital heading towards highlands
for norton take 107 north of 64 and turn at the firestation/ playground
if you cross a lake you missed your turn on to walnut (something) go back and look for a sign "to franklin".
they are both pretty good roads with a couple of rough spots i'd say B- to B+ roads. but without the auful trafic you find on 64. I especialy like Norton because I can come up 107 and never have to ride on 64. On the other hand I can get a knee down in a few spots on buck creek.
64 is only fun at abou 06:00 on a sunday morning.

beemerjim
07-28-2009, 05:17 PM
thanks all for your kind thoughts
typing w/1 hand sucks slowly
ems wanted to take me, said i had low air count
ended up with a tube stuck in my chest cavity for 4 days, painfull
bottom line take the ride 2 b cked out, doc said i could have died that night if i wouldn't have came in
60000 + miles in 2 yrs, the rubber side is probably going to come up, be safe and remember me when you throw a leg over your pride and joy to go for that ride

ATGATT
My leathers and helmet saved me. The heat from sliding burned my skin but didn't go through my leathers. My helmet was scuffed 360 degrees. Carbon fiber on the knuckles of the gloves.

Hey man, glad to hear you're mending well. You probably don't remember me but we rode together once or twice when we would have a group coming up from Columbia, and you'd meet us up on 385 before we hit Greenville. First time I followed you on that Wing, I couldn't believe something that big, could go that fast up 215 without half of it scrapping off. Both bike and rider impressed the hell out of me. Look forward to riding with you again. Take your time and let it heal.

WeKneeDragger
07-29-2009, 08:16 PM
Hey man, glad to hear you're mending well. You probably don't remember me but we rode together once or twice when we would have a group coming up from Columbia, and you'd meet us up on 385 before we hit Greenville. First time I followed you on that Wing, I couldn't believe something that big, could go that fast up 215 without half of it scrapping off. Both bike and rider impressed the hell out of me. Look forward to riding with you again. Take your time and let it heal.

Sure do remember you, your Columbia group made me feel very welcomed and I truely appreciated that. Lots of fun riding times. True lovers of the sport.
Thanks for the post
BrokenWeKneeDragger:coocoo: