PDA

View Full Version : Pics on 178 Sunday July 26th

PGWelch
07-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Just a reminder that I'll be in my usual spot tomorrow on 178. I will also be on highway 215 August 1st for the Guzzi rally if any of you ride through that day. I'll be set up on the Waynesville side of the parkway, possibly several locations to follow the light.

PGWelch
07-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Just got home a short while ago. Matt stopped to talk for a while today (twice). A few non forum folks stopped to talk today. It was nice meeting some new people. Matt and I both tried to get them to come to the CR forums. Pickens county had a deputy patrolling a little later in the day. A trooper came by also. We had a report about 3:15 that they were doing license checks up near the river. They never stopped to bother us. However the deputy showed up on my tail right after I started on my way home. I made it my duty as a law abiding citizen to make sure the deputy never exceeded the speed limit on the way to highway 11.

It was a slow day for bikes with several riders being on vacation and with WeKneeDragger being out of commission temporarily. We miss you Mike. I kind of enjoy the fireworks show you put on for me. Nobody has been giving off any sparks.

I'll update as the pics get closer to uploading.

rufrydrsc2
07-26-2009, 05:25 PM
Patrick, did you see Terry and Vicki going up 178 right after you came down? LOL, timing huh?

PGWelch
07-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Yes, I saw them. They were a little late for pictures. Had I known they would be out, I would have stayed longer.

Today's pictures are being converted to jpeg as I type this. The conversion should be finished in about an hour and a half. After that I'll start the upload to the website. I had a good percentage of keepers today. There are many pictures this week that will draw comments. I can't wait.

Matt did you catch the name of the guy on the purple bike we were talking to? I didn't realize until I got home that he looks just like one of my wife's cousins ex husband.

rufrydrsc2
07-26-2009, 06:35 PM
No, although I ended up coming across him on my way home and riding into Greenville with him. He said he lives in Greer. That was actually an old 93 CBR600f2 without the fairings. Put me in mind of a SV650 w/o the V-twin sound.

PGWelch
07-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Today's pictures have finished uploading to the website.

rufrydrsc2
07-26-2009, 07:30 PM
This lady actually yelled at Patrick "Don't take my picture!!!"
http://pgwelchphotography.com/gallery/9053718_JcJwp#602632325_UuMPz-A-LB

sdzx10
07-26-2009, 08:10 PM
http://pgwelchphotography.com/gallery/9053718_JcJwp#602663818_9mYpc After getting a full body wax at the day spa Jerry enjoys a leisurely ride on his bike.

Desmo Demon
07-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Yes, I saw them. They were a little late for pictures.
Our babysitter didn't leave our house until about 2-ish, and we almost didn't even make it out. Sorry I didn't stop to talk, but you pulled into the store just as a small group of us was leaving.....at least I waved....and with all the fingers on my hand instead of only one. :D

Slippin
07-27-2009, 09:23 AM
http://pgwelchphotography.com/gallery/9053718_JcJwp#602663818_9mYpc After getting a full body wax at the day spa Jerry enjoys a leisurely ride on his bike.

That is just wrong on so many levels!! :newrofl:

NKDBKrider
07-27-2009, 05:31 PM
Patrick and Matt, I'm glad that I stopped and talked to the two of you. BTW, my names Tony.

PGWelch
07-27-2009, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forums Tony. You look just like someone else I know. My wife swears you are his twin.

rufrydrsc2
07-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Welcome Tony. Had a good time talking with you.

Desmo Demon
07-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Patrick and Matt, I'm glad that I stopped and talked to the two of you. BTW, my names Tony.
Hmmm...that's weird.....Every time I've seen NKDBKrider, he's had clothes on....and I pray every night that he keeps them on when out riding. LMFAO....

Hi Tony! ;)

Desmo Demon
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
This is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet on a bike....

http://pgwelchphotography.com/gallery/9053718_JcJwp#602619602_TjBuh

Vicki and I have known him for years. Vicki's been riding with him since the early/mid 90's.

NKDBKrider
07-27-2009, 09:00 PM
I have seen him at the store a bunch of times and have talk to him a few times and have to agree with you.

NKDBKrider
07-27-2009, 09:02 PM
BTW....I lost site of you guys and your 2 wheeled rocket ships after just a few of the tight turns....

rufrydrsc2
07-27-2009, 09:45 PM
I was wondering why I saw you on your way back so soon. I didn't figure their loop was that short.

NKDBKrider
07-27-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm still working on my cornering skills. Where I lived at in Ohio the roads more like the last 1/4 mile of 178 and I had a 1200 Goldwing at the time. Going fast around corners wasnt to big of a problem.

Desmo Demon
07-28-2009, 07:10 AM
BTW....I lost site of you guys and your 2 wheeled rocket ships after just a few of the tight turns....
Sorry about that. We were just letting Peanut take the lead and then after we shot around the guy riding two-up without helmets and wearing shorts and T-shirts, we figured we better get away from him fairly quickly so he didn't try to keep up and injure himself and his passenger. He was a bit of a dim-wit even thinking he could keep up with his squared off tire and the way he was dressed, and to not even wave us around, gunning it in the straights and parking it in the curves was a bit of a butthead thing to do.

One of these days, Vicki will need to pull the Monster out and I'll ride the old Paso. We ride a bit slower with those.

rufrydrsc2
07-28-2009, 07:27 AM
I hope the guy on that RC51 signs on to talk sometime. Very nice guy, very smooth rider. I followed him down the mountain after we left Patrick.

WeKneeDragger
07-28-2009, 01:39 PM
It was a slow day for bikes with several riders being on vacation and with WeKneeDragger being out of commission temporarily. We miss you Mike. I kind of enjoy the fireworks show you put on for me. Nobody has been giving off any sparks.

Patrick,
Went back to work today for the first time since the 7/3 crash. Working half days to buid some strength back. See you guys soon.
Don't know about the two wheel thing or not.

rufrydrsc2
07-28-2009, 03:03 PM
That's good to hear! The road to mend is definately a long one.

NKDBKrider
07-28-2009, 05:18 PM
WeKneeDragger, you dont happen to know a couple of guys named Dave that both live in Taylors do you?

fastattack686
07-28-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm still working on my cornering skills. Where I lived at in Ohio the roads more like the last 1/4 mile of 178 and I had a 1200 Goldwing at the time. Going fast around corners wasnt to big of a problem.

Where in ohio Tony.. BTW.. I was in front of you on the RC when Terry, Vicky, and Peanut started our loop. Names Cregg. Orig from Ohio above Mansfield.

And like the pics of myself, Micah (R6 i think), Chris (Aprillia) and I think it was Andrew (r6).. with the county sheriff just begging us to do something silly and squiddley..

take care

fastattack686
07-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I hope the guy on that RC51 signs on to talk sometime. Very nice guy, very smooth rider. I followed him down the mountain after we left Patrick.

Moi??????

Lol.. dunno.. never been described like that .. so NOT sure Im the right RC rider.. :boast: hehe

Sorry bout bailing on you at the station.. did have good ride with Terry and Vicky and Peanut..

Will link up and catch you again there. .im sure.

didnt catch your name.. Mines Cregg

fastattack686
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Sorry about that. We were just letting Peanut take the lead and then after we shot around the guy riding two-up without helmets and wearing shorts and T-shirts, we figured we better get away from him fairly quickly so he didn't try to keep up and injure himself and his passenger. He was a bit of a dim-wit even thinking he could keep up with his squared off tire and the way he was dressed, and to not even wave us around, gunning it in the straights and parking it in the curves was a bit of a butthead thing to do.

One of these days, Vicki will need to pull the Monster out and I'll ride the old Paso. We ride a bit slower with those.

Ok.. I wasnt the only one thinking "WTF????" when he kept trying to push it when he obviously was NOT going to keep pace.. and silly to try. .and THEN not let us cleanly pass (or so it seemed.. ).. ya.. distance is good thing..

rufrydrsc2
07-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Sorry bout bailing on you at the station.. did have good ride with Terry and Vicky and Peanut..
Oh, it's quite alright. I understood. I really wanted to go with yall but I hadn't eaten all day so I was feeling kinda jittery. Good meeting you. Name's Matt btw.

NKDBKrider
07-29-2009, 06:00 AM
Where in ohio Tony.. BTW.. I was in front of you on the RC when Terry, Vicky, and Peanut started our loop. Names Cregg. Orig from Ohio above Mansfield.

And like the pics of myself, Micah (R6 i think), Chris (Aprillia) and I think it was Andrew (r6).. with the county sheriff just begging us to do something silly and squiddley..

take care

I lived in Millersburg.

Desmo Demon
07-29-2009, 06:55 AM
And like the pics of myself, Micah (R6 i think), Chris (Aprillia) and I think it was Andrew (r6)..
Looking through the pictures on Patrick's site, I was guessing that was Chris on his Mille. I haven't seen him in a while. He's a pretty good guy, really nice, and he can really wick it up when he wants. Do you know if he is racing, again, this year?

PGWelch
07-29-2009, 05:07 PM
I need some input from everyone. The pictures in the gallery from this last Sunday are looking really dark and lacking details in the dark areas on my monitor. They look better on my wifes. However the pictures look fine before the upload. Are the pictures from this weekend too dark? Pictures in other galleries look fine on my computer. I just need to narrow down where the problem is.

http://pgwelch.smugmug.com/gallery/9053718_JcJwp#602609952_iHxU4

Thanks.

NKDBKrider
07-29-2009, 05:11 PM
They look good to me Patrick. That guy on the purple bike looks kinda slow though.:newrofl:

rufrydrsc2
07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
On the pic you got of me when I was going by you the first time, you got a a different hue off the color of my bike that I really like. But they look fine to me.

STRETCH
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
they look just a little darker to me but still good.

WeKneeDragger
07-29-2009, 07:00 PM
WeKneeDragger, you dont happen to know a couple of guys named Dave that both live in Taylors do you?

don't think so, what do they ride?

fatbacklow
07-29-2009, 10:55 PM
They look good to me Patrick. That guy on the purple bike looks kinda slow though.:newrofl:
Looks like if he went any slower he woulda fell over. Dont ya think NKDBKrider? Just kidding! But how did you go around those corners so straight up and not fall over???:haha:

NKDBKrider
07-30-2009, 06:11 AM
don't think so, what do they ride?

One rides a white Speed Triple and the other rides a Husq. Supermoto.

NKDBKrider
07-30-2009, 06:13 AM
Looks like if he went any slower he woulda fell over. Dont ya think NKDBKrider? Just kidding! But how did you go around those corners so straight up and not fall over???:haha:

The first time I slowed thinking Patrick was Johnny Law taking my picture, the other times I got stuck behind cars.

WeKneeDragger
07-30-2009, 03:34 PM
One rides a white Speed Triple and the other rides a Husq. Supermoto.
Sure do, very nice people. I've met them several times and rode with them a few times. David on the supermoto use to work where I work.

NKDBKrider
07-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Sure do, very nice people. I've met them several times and rode with them a few times. David on the supermoto use to work where I work.

I think I have rode with you one time last year with Dave, David and Vicki, and a couple of friends of mine.

Hope everything is healing fine and you will be back on the road again soon.

fastattack686
07-31-2009, 12:40 AM
Looking through the pictures on Patrick's site, I was guessing that was Chris on his Mille. I haven't seen him in a while. He's a pretty good guy, really nice, and he can really wick it up when he wants. Do you know if he is racing, again, this year?

Said hes not this year.

And onlywrenching for desmo team when they call him if needed.