PDA

View Full Version : Lee Parks Total Control class 10/17/2009 in Georgia

Bucky
09-13-2009, 09:21 PM
I just signed up for the Lee Parks Total Control class in Lawrenceville, GA on October 17.

Anybody want to join me? I am planning on riding down the day before and getting lodging somewhere nearby.

http://www.totalridertech.com/schedule.html

http://www.totalridertech.com/event_Lvl1_101709.html

It is a great class that would benefit most of us.

Bucky
09-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Anybody have recommendations for a scenic route from Easley, SC to Lawrenceville, GA in mid-October?

Roads, sightseeing, other?

I want to take the day before the class to go there.

Justin
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I've heard about Total Control for a long time.... but this is the first time I took a look through their website and watched their promo video. That sounds like a neat class to take.

ggRAT
09-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Bucky,
How much will it cost? Any opening left? This riding class is on the top of my list, too, and they expect you to ride your own bike.

Bucky
09-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Look at the links in my original post. Excerpt:

"October 17, 2009 - Level 1 Total Control® Advanced Riding Clinic
Location: Lawrenceville Church of God (329 Grayson Hwy), Lawrenceville GA

"Part of the reason for the program's success is the dynamic classroom training, which includes both theory and application of the Total Control® ARC techniques. By including a basic analysis of vehicular dynamics, riders get a clear understanding of how their actions affect their bikes. For instance, in the suspension portion of the class, riders learn how to analyze the effectiveness of their suspension and how to set it up for maximum control and comfort.

"The range portion of the training is done in a large parking lot or skidpad where each of the skills are individually broken down and practiced. Working on only one skill at a time is the fastest way to make consistent riding improvements. The beauty of doing it this way is that the student is never asked to make a huge leap of faith" in any one area. Each skill is built up in small two-mph increments until the desired result is achieved. This allows for high confidence and never gets too scary. In fact cornering speeds never go above 25 mph. While this may seem slow in a tight enough corner 25 is very very fast. Combined with a strategic "building block" formula for integrating the individual skills into a complete riding package the Total Control® ARC enables riders to learn faster and easier than ever before. Equally important all the Total Control® ARC skills are taught with their direct applications for street riding. After all knowing how to do something is of little value if you don't understand when and where to use it.

"The price for this event is $295.00. This class is limited to 12 students. Participants must be 18 years of age. Feel free to contact us with any questions about this event."

I think most of us could benefit from taking the class.

E-mail them with questions: info@totalridertech.com I received a response very quickly to my questions.

NKDBKrider
09-23-2009, 03:45 PM
I would love to take the class, but since I don't currently have the type of riding pants that they are requiring I won't be able to take it this time around.

Bucky
09-23-2009, 05:14 PM
I would love to take the class, but since I don't currently have the type of riding pants that they are requiring I won't be able to take it this time around.

Quick ---- E-Bay!!!!

NKDBKrider
09-23-2009, 05:36 PM
I just got an email back from Dave at Total Rider Tech and I can wear my jeans with the balistics nylon in the knees as long as i have the CE armor in. Same pants that I wore for the class last month at the church.

Slippin
09-24-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm in! :dance3:

I read the book a year or so ago and wanted to take the course. Luckily my schedule worked out to where I will actually be in town that weekend, so I am officially signed up. Looking forward to it!!

Bucky, we will touch base later about the rides down and back.

STRETCH
10-07-2009, 05:20 PM
here are some fun roads you might want to hit along the way
oops. I would take 76 all the way to 197. not sure what that other road is like. just look for the sign that say "to Helen"