PDA

View Full Version : Memorial ride Saturday 9/26 to Blue Ridge Parkway

Chilli99katana
09-24-2009, 01:56 AM
Some friends from the area from another forum are having a memorial ride for a friend of ours that died a few days ago in Florida. We are going to meet up in Asheville at a friend's house around 10 or so, then go for a nice leisurely ride up the parkway for a while. Anyone who wants to join me can post up here or send me a PM. There will be food and dessert after the ride.
Again, any questions or if you want to go with, post up or send a PM. We can choose a meeting spot somewhere and head up together.

rufrydrsc2
09-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Is this for CyberPoet? It's weird that he just "lost control" of his bike on the interstate while passing that vehicle. He's been riding a long long time and was a staple of the Katana Planet and KatRiders forums. He didn't follow those of us that left and started Squidbusters, but I still remember him. RIP CyberPoet.

C.R.S.
09-24-2009, 06:57 PM
RIP CyberPoet!

I used to frequent katriders alot when I had the old RF900. Coversed with the gentleman on many engine topics. Good Guy

Chilli99katana
09-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, this is for Marc, aka Cyberpoet. Everytime I log into another site or mention this somewhere it truly amazes me as to how many people new and loved this guy.
Anyway, you guys are more than welcome to come along tomorrow. A quick run up to Asheville, hang out for a few minutes waiting for my buddy Kreylyn to get out of work, then ride for a few hours and back to his house for some good food. Just let me know tonight or at least by 7 or 8 am in the morning. I will have this forum and KatRiders up until I leave. Anyone who wants my # can PM me.

rufrydrsc2
09-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Hope you've got your waders on. 90% chance of rain, which gets bumped to 100% just for being on the bike. LOL. Doubt I'll be going although I'd like to. If yall reschedule let me know and I'll go.

rufrydrsc2
09-27-2009, 08:34 PM
Did yall go?

Chilli99katana
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Oh yeah, we went, and although it rained on us almost the whole time it was a great run. It was supposed to be about 7 or 8 bikes, but alot cancelled at the last minute so it ended up being 6 of us on 4 bikes, (3 Kats and a Goldwing). I was prepared to get wet this time with some raingear, so I wasn't miserable like the last time I rode in the rain, and I actually enjoyed myself and learned alot about my own abilities in the rain. We rode for about 3 hours or so, from Asheville, down 74 I think down to Columbus, took 9 to 176 and then headed back to Asheville when we started to hear reports that the weather was starting to get bad just east of us and headed our way.
All and all not a bad day. Maybe next time I go to visit my friends in Asheville it won't be raining. That's the second time that I have gone up there to go riding with them, and it rained both times. At least I brought a rain jacket this time.:ok:

Suzuki Vicki
09-28-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm so glad you got to do your memorial ride. :scooter:
Terry & I do one by ourselves to remember a good friend that I had known for many years and Terry had also known him for several years. (Terry has a thread somewhere on here about him. His name is Billy Trowbridge.)
I know how much our little ride means to me, and I hope your ride was able to remind you of some great memories of your friend too.:ok: