PDA

View Full Version : the reedy river ghost

STRETCH
10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Me and fatbacklow rode through down town Greenville last night after work, around 2:00 am.
We stopped at the park overlooking the reedy river to get a picture for the tag game. The park was poorly lit but I tried to snap a picture with my cell phone any way (no flash)
Scroll down….

Can you see the face?

just in time for Halloween.

^

STRETCH
10-07-2009, 04:29 PM
If you use Microsoft office picture manager and crop out everything but the face and then you click the auto correct button you get this creepy fellow. (try it)
notice the gangster style hat.
There was nobody in the park. It was just a foggy night.
I can not explain the colored lights either. There where no lights in the park. The lights also apeared in a picture fatbacklow took. But without the creepy face.

NKDBKrider
10-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Ok Stretch, Sunday you possibly jinx me and now you are scaring me.:outtahere: That is pretty weird, I noticed the hat in the first picture before i even scrolled down to the second one.

I have the shifter straightened out and I am feeling better each day. Im almost ready for the next ride.

fatbacklow
10-07-2009, 09:03 PM
yes mine does not have the face but notice the glowing eyes in the middle right side

STRETCH
10-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Ok Stretch, Sunday you possibly jinx me and now you are scaring me.:outtahere: That is pretty weird, I noticed the hat in the first picture before i even scrolled down to the second one.

I have the shifter straightened out and I am feeling better each day. Im almost ready for the next ride.

glad your feeling better.
riding tomorow (at a more relxed pace) from 11:00 to 3:00

Bucky
10-08-2009, 11:15 AM
The spots of light are probably caused by droplets of fog or dewdrops refracting or reflecting light, or from direct reflection of light off the river's surface. The light sources may be the windows in the school or some source(s) across the river. Fireflys can show up during long shutter-open times.

At low light levels, the automatic camera aperture is open wide, resulting in aberration (blurring). Slow shutter speeds amplify the photographer's hand shakiness, contributing to unusual images.

Patrick, can you explain this better than I, with your photographer's knowledge?

Viper
10-08-2009, 01:59 PM
If you use photo manager and crop out everything but the face and then you click the auto correct button you get this creepy fellow. (try it)
notice the gangster style hat.
There was nobody in the park. It was just a foggy night.
I can not explain the colored lights either. There where no lights in the park. The lights also apeared in a picture fatbacklow took. But without the creepy face.

It's Michael Jackson!!!!:outtahere:

STRETCH
10-08-2009, 03:38 PM
The spots of light are probably caused by droplets of fog or dewdrops refracting or reflecting light, or from direct reflection of light off the river's surface. The light sources may be the windows in the school or some source(s) across the river. Fireflys can show up during long shutter-open times.

At low light levels, the automatic camera aperture is open wide, resulting in aberration (blurring). Slow shutter speeds amplify the photographer's hand shakiness, contributing to unusual images.

Patrick, can you explain this better than I, with your photographer's knowledge?
yeah what he said

STRETCH
10-08-2009, 03:39 PM
It's Michael Jackson!!!!:outtahere:
I bet there usualy are some little boys playing around there.

too soon?

NKDBKrider
10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
It probably wont be till next weekend that I get the bike out. Doing some modification to the brake pedal this weekend and the weather doesnt look like it is going to be very good. I dont know about that slower pace thing, maybe just a little more cautious as to what the tires are doing.

NKDBKrider
10-08-2009, 04:26 PM
Its also time for a new bell, the one that was on the bike Sunday must be used up. Gonna see if I can get a refund from Cycle gear......:newrofl:

STRETCH
10-08-2009, 04:44 PM
coppied creepy's face, flipped it over and paced it on the other side for a complete image. He didn't get any less ugly. I think I've got a new avitar through Halloween:Poof:

PGWelch
10-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Bucky has it mostly right. The fact that this picture was taken without a flash will generally rule out MOST (not all) reflection issues. The light spots appear to be sharp, so I would tend to believe that there are some oversensitive pixels on the CCD sensor or something else having to do with the camera. Digital noise increases drastically in low light photography. Even with my camera equipment, digital noise can be a problem during low light shooting. Most camera phones use very inexpensive CCD's to keep the cost of the phone down. There are so many things that can cause aberrations in photography that it is really difficult to say for sure what caused the lights and the face. I think the face is still pretty wicked.