PDA

View Full Version : Please don't send me to GWRRA...yet...

buddyholly
02-01-2010, 09:15 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has experience wearing a "flip-up" helmet.
I've read articles on webbikeworld and advrider....just trying to gather more info...thanks

rufrydrsc2
02-01-2010, 12:11 PM
You mean like a modular? I wear a Shoei Multitec all the time, the only helmet I use. It's a great helmet, albeit quite loud when doing highway speeds. By far the most comfortable helmet I've ever had and I absolutely love being able to flipup the front at stops so I'm not yelling in my own ears when talking to the person next to me. Often I never take my helmet off when at a short stop, but just flip up the front. I've even gone into banks that way with no alarm from the tellers.
http://blog.goo-net.com/cinqroue/img/22/shoei_multitec.jpg

livermush
02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I'll second what the Capt. said. I had a HJC Sy MAX II,was a good helmet, replaced at cristmas with a MULTI TECH, BIG improvement, Still noisey but better than the HJC. Biggest change was no more wind buffeting induced Bobbol head and venting is great.
RICK.

fatbacklow
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
I ride with a nolan the fit is great and the noise isnt bad I ride all year and in all types of weather and when it rains the vents seal very well (no wet head unless forget to close vent)

buddyholly
02-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks Y'all....I think I may try the Shoei...

bandit01
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I have a Zeus, which is marketed in the US as Vega I think. I got it in Taiwan for about $60, which is half off the 2005 US price.

It's noisy as hell, but I have nothing to compare it to.

It has screws for the face shield, but it's not a huge hassle to switch to another shield.

Airflow in the summer is horrible. Airflow in the winter is horrible. I wear a balaclava and try to stuff it down my neck.

It doesn't have a D ring, more like a seat belt, which is hard to remove with gloves on.

That said, having the flip up face is freaking worth all the other crap. I wear glasses, and I love not having to screw with them.

Justin
02-05-2010, 07:17 PM
I got a HJC Symax II a little after they come out. Probably 15k miles on it and I like it a lot for sport touring and weekend trips. Love the internal flip down tinted visor. And soooo much easier for quick stops when not really needing to remove the helmet.... also much easier talking to other riders/people with the flip up and grabbing a quick snack/drink. I'll buy another modular for sure. :scooter: