PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down - slowly getting back up!

chawkes5645
02-22-2010, 09:19 AM
I took a bad spill on an unplanned off-road trip just before Thanksgiving, Details are sketchy, but I ended up with a compression fracture of the L2 and fractures of L3 and L4. I came out of the body brace last Monday. I swore no more, but now I'm itching to ride.

Anyone out there have the same/similar injury before, what helped... what didn't.
I was told by a physical therapist 1 year and I will be 90%, My surgeon say's we'll see...

The Strom took the beating well, multiple flippage - flew almost as far as me 30 ft+. It needed exhausts, hand controls, windscreen. I bought it back as salvage for $800 and have about $1000 in parts/repairs. It's a better bike, a PCIII that it really needed,2 bro's exhaust.. vitually no cosmetic damage!

I was on my way into Senaca, Hwy 188, a 10 minute ride and happened to throw all my gear on, saved my life. Along with some luck, expert first reponders and Dr's at Oconee smart enough to send me on to Greenville.
Thank's to Amos, Buddy for the get well wishes!:newrofl:
chris

law1200
02-22-2010, 08:17 PM
Chris glad you managed to post and let us know how you are doing, if I get a chance this week I will ride up and check on you.

Hang in there Amos

C.R.S.
02-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry to hear about your down time! Dont be in to big of a rush to get back ridin, the roads will still be there.
Heal up and work hard during your physical therapy.

If it wasn't for my physical therapist pushing/encouraging me during my past surgery's, I doubt I would be riding today.

The end results are worth the hard work.

Best Wishes,

flynfink
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
compression fracture of my L1 on 6/8/09. No surgury and I'm about 85 to 95%. Was riding after 3 months. Doesn't sound like mine was as serious as your's.

Good luck. See ya on the road.