PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle friendly places to eat...

Chilli99katana
04-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Anyone know of any motorcycle friendly places to eat some good food south of here? My buddy and I are going to go riding tomorrow, we are thinking about going south instead of north like everyone usually does. The tentative plans right now are to meet around 10ish somewhere here in Greenville, then ride towards Columbia, maybe further south depending on how ambitious we are feeling, and eat lunch. Wanting to stay in state because my buddy only has a permit (although I am fully licensed, he doesn't want to chance it). Any one that has any ideas let me know, other wise I guess we just eat whatever we come across.
Also if anyone feels like riding with us, feel free to pm me, or call me if you know my number. I will check back on here when I wake up(around 7am) and before I leave around 930am.

rufrydrsc2
04-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Headed towards Columbia you can stop at any restaurant along the interstate. There's tons of them. None of them will be like the quaint little restaurants where there are tons of bikes coming and going all the time like you find in the mountains if that's what you are looking for. Different kind of area. Not many people make it a purpose to head to Laurens, Newberry, Richland counties for a ride, most head out of there for this area.

Chilli99katana
04-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Decided to go into Georgia to visit some friends near augusta, going to go the round about way, found some interesting roads on motorcycleroads.us that look pretty promising.

1literhogbeater
04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
Headed towards Augusta.......during the Masters, doesn't sound like a fun ride to me, but to each his own. Hope you find some good roads. Come back through Northwest GA, in and around Helen and you've got some nice roads, Wolf Pen Gap, (two wheels only) Richard Russell Parkway and others. Have fun!

Wolfman
04-11-2010, 04:48 AM
Hudson Brothers BBQ in Lexington. They have indoor and outdoor seating, gret food and the prices are good as well.

Chilli99katana
04-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Ride wasn't too bad, took 25South to 221South, met my buddy on the other side of Strom Thurmond dam. Ended go to a restaurant just down the street from the Masters, must've gone at the right time because traffic wasn't too bad and the crowds weren't too bad. Had fun, hit the hwy around 430 on the way back, little sore today 'cause I'm not used to riding that far, but the weather was great.

Slippin
04-12-2010, 01:15 PM
This is a good site to check out for info on good spots to eat.

http://ridetoeat.com/