PDA

View Full Version : Walhalla area parking?

Hunter
05-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Hopefully someone can help me out.

Is there any place in the Walhalla area that I could leave my truck and trailer without having them towed? I don't mind paying for the parking priviledge either.

Just tired of riding the Asheville area and was hoping to ride up 28 as I got a Saturday pass from the CEO.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all can provide.

Randy

matto
05-18-2010, 07:17 PM
i know its not walhalla, but i have left my car with trailer at the store a few times for a whole day in the gravel part, as long as you let them know they dont care.

Hunter
05-18-2010, 07:23 PM
I'm from the Columbia area so saying I'm not to educated about the upstate would be an understatement.

What is this "store" you speak of? :Coffee_Doughnuts: And do they have food?

Desmo Demon
05-18-2010, 07:29 PM
What is this "store" you speak of? :Coffee_Doughnuts: And do they have food?
Holly Springs store at the intersection of Hwy 11 and Hwy 178 in northern Pickens County (just a few miles north of the town of Pickens). They have a kitchen that serves breakfast and lunch Mon-Sat.

Hunter
05-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Many thanks DD.

Haven't seen you @ STN much off late. Burned out on it?

1literhogbeater
05-18-2010, 09:10 PM
There's a few places that I can think of in Walhalla that you should be ok.

1. Sertoma Field - about 1 mile off of the main drag. Take 183 towards the Nuclear station it'll be on the right. It's where they have Octoberfest. Lots of parking, nobody should bother it.

Just past the McDonalds on 28, technically in West Union, there is a shopping plaza where Winn Dixie used to be. Big lot, park it, they'll think your shopping.

James M. Brown Elementary school -- if it's on the weekend nobody willl bother it. It's on coffee road. As you are leaving Walhalla on 28, right where the road narrows to two lanes, turn left. The school is about 1.5 miles on the left.

I'm in Central, just outside of Clemson and about 20 mins. from the aformentioned store. Your welcome to leave it at my house if it'll help.

Desmo Demon
05-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Haven't seen you @ STN much off late. Burned out on it?
Part of it is that they changed the format and I really don't really care for it too much, but also I've been given several projects at work and started on a master's program back in Januray, so my forum surfing time has been cut back fairly heavily.....and having 8-12 pages per day to surf through on STN takes up just too much time.

RyanK
05-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Holly Springs store at the intersection of Hwy 11 and Hwy 178 in northern Pickens County (just a few miles north of the town of Pickens). They have a kitchen that serves breakfast and lunch Mon-Sat.
They have "no loitering" signs posted last time i was there. I heard they enforce it now too, so I be sure to ask before leaving it there... There are some gravel pull-offs just off 178 a little ways up from there, and I think you could probably leave one there without a problem?

Desmo Demon
05-19-2010, 01:17 PM
They have "no loitering" signs posted last time i was there. I heard they enforce it now too, so I be sure to ask before leaving it there...
Those signs are pretty much for the primo parking spaces right near the door. They had problems with a small group of riders camping there most of the day. They would make a run up 178 and back, sit around for an hour BS'ing, make another run up, sit around and BS more, make another run, etc. I'd heard of some people sitting there for 6+ hours and only making four, 20-minute runs the whole time. I don't think they have any problems with someone parking a truck and trailer in the gravel section, and I would definitely ask/inform them of what you are doing so they don't get ticked off.

buddyholly
06-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree w/ DD; I see guys parking in the gravel lot (south end) and unloading regularly...super nice people running the store.