PDA

View Full Version : Bike Nite Fridays

Jerry Canady
07-28-2006, 11:44 AM
http://www.missionmax.org/bikenite/BikeNiteHeader.jpg (http://www.missionmax.org/bikenite/)

Desmo Demon
07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
geeze......just what we need....ANOTHER place having a bike night. :rolleyes: Lets get a bunch of motorcycle owners together to drink and brag about how fast their bikes are and all the money they have in their bikes, so when they leave (slightly intoxicated), they can do burn-outs and wheelies out of the parking lot while annoying everyone.

Hey Jerry......do you actually ride a bike, or are you just coming here to try to promote your business?

Edit - Nevermind. I see you did actually fill out your profile.....2001 Softy, eh? Buy it new? How many miles you have on it? Ever gone to Daytona? Sturgis? How about telling us a little about yourself?

DucatiJeff
07-28-2006, 01:23 PM
geeze......just what we need....ANOTHER place having a bike night. :rolleyes:

OK - Be nice to the new guy!! :D I do like to see folks say howdy first myself but it's better for folks to come here and post their events rather than sending me Emails asking me to post stuff for them.

:beer: :whip: :beer:

Jerry Canady
07-28-2006, 05:10 PM
Hello Desmo Demon,

Yea, I'm new to the site. I was just surfing the web and it popped up. Glad to see a great forum like this is available! I just had to join.

Greenville has three bike nites that I know of, the one at Hooters and Baileys next door to each other on Wednesday nights at the same time. Yea, they party it up there some, so I felt a need of change for those who DO NOT drink. Our Bike Nite is held at Back Yard Burgers and they do not serve alcohol. Several of us can't attend a mid-week bike nite so this is for all those wanting to relax on a Friday night after work with good conversation and great bikes.

More about me? well, I'm native to Greenville and associate with several of our local biker groups. I ride on a daily basis. No frills, just the ride is what it's all about for me. I am not on here to simply advertise though I am a great supporter of the biker. Just wanted to let everyone know what we've got going on and send out an invite. My wife, Kim, and I love meeting new friends. She rides with me frequently. Just came back from Caesar's Head, Pretty Place and Chimney Rock, but Paris Mountain and downtown Greenville or heading to Hartwell is great. Hilton Head was nice too. Hope to get off from work to be able to attend Bike Week at Myrtle in the Fall, we'll see.

Hope you will take the time to check out our webpage for bike nite (http://www.missionmax.org/bikenite). You might see several people you already know! Come on out!! All bikers welcome.

Jerry Canady

Desmo Demon
07-31-2006, 09:27 AM
More about me? well, I'm native to Greenville and associate with several of our local biker groups. I ride on a daily basis. No frills, just the ride is what it's all about for me. I am not on here to simply advertise though I am a great supporter of the biker. Just wanted to let everyone know what we've got going on and send out an invite. My wife, Kim, and I love meeting new friends. She rides with me frequently. Just came back from Caesar's Head, Pretty Place and Chimney Rock, but Paris Mountain and downtown Greenville or heading to Hartwell is great. Hilton Head was nice too. Hope to get off from work to be able to attend Bike Week at Myrtle in the Fall, we'll see.
Jerry, thanks for the introduction, and I hope you frequent here often. I didn't mean to sound like I was jumping on you too hard, but I don't want this site to become a promotional whore. I was not aware that Back Yard Burgers doesn't serve alcohol...nice to know. My wife has been to the BYB in Asheville and said that the burgers were really good....and, Jeff, she said that they have veggie burgers. :D

My wife and I ride quite often....when we have a babysitter. We ride all over SC, NC, and GA on a fairly regular basis. Just this weekend, we only rode on Fri and Sun and put 350 miles on our bikes. The twistier the road the better for us. We don't frequent Bike Nights, as if we have the time to go to one, we'd rather be on the road. I used to go to several Bike Nights with some friends, mainly Hooters on Wed in Greenville and Mondays at Buffalo Joe's in Easley (now Chiefs). I have an ex-rommate who also goes to the Hooters in Anderson on Thurs for theirs......If you ever have live bands, you may want to contact Liquid Mischief. When I was in the band, we'd done a couple of Bike Nights for Buffalo Joe's. Here's a link to their sadly outdated website (they are mainly keeping a My Space page, now, which I don't have the link to)...

http://www.angelfire.com/band/liquidmischief/

Jerry Canady
08-02-2006, 05:20 PM
Thanks Desmo,
I'll check out that band. We're keeping things simple at Bike nite but I'm involved with several other biker groups and will keep these guys in mind for future use.
We are big riders ourselves, especially when three of our kids are gone for the weekend to visit their Dad in NC. Actually we share five children, my two boys are in their twenties and live in Easley, and our other three are with us, Jaclyn 18, Erin 16 and Austin 9. We took off Sunday and rode the backroads up to Caesar's Head and Pretty Place where we met several fellow bikers along the way who were actually from Greenville (always could use another friend), then we continued on through Brevard, Hendersonville and Asheville then ate dinner in Biltmore and came back down the mountain by Highway riding along side those transfer trucks, hold on to your hat! After we got home, we got a call from friends wanting us to join them to ride...saddle-sore or no, my wife says SUUURE, lol..so off we go again riding the backroads through Travelers Rest, Greer and Greenville this time. We rode through bats swooping down at us and light'ning bugs which ended up splattering on some of us. We love to ride and would rarely say no. Guess we all have the bug.."gotta RIDE"! We plan to head out to Hooters and Baileys tonight.
If you ever change your mind about Bike Nite Fridays, you are certainly welcome to join us...veggie burger on ME!
Jerry

ZukiFred
08-02-2006, 06:01 PM
I have never been to a Bike Night myself. This dose sound interesting and fun, I will deffanitly have to stop by and check it out one of these Friday nights.

Desmo Demon
08-03-2006, 08:37 AM
I have never been to a Bike Night myself. This dose sound interesting and fun, I will deffanitly have to stop by and check it out one of these Friday nights.
They can be rather interesting. I was at one at the Hooters in Greenville about six years ago, and a guy and his girlfriend were doing all sorts of stunts on their Suzuki TL1000R on the side road. She rode, too, so they were changing back and forth while doing wheelies and stoppies (endos).

The most memorable one I ever went to was when I was on my way from Wyoming to Niagara Falls and stopped at a gas station in Erie, PA. I had this couple invite me to the Quaker Steak and Lube that had a huge Bike Night every week. They told me that there were typically hundreds of bikes each week. I wasn't on a time schedule, so I went. It was the LARGEST Bike Night I've ever seen. There must have been over 500 bikes there, and they told me that it was like that every single week! They introduced me to a bunch of their friends, and there were some really neat bikes there. I was told that I was the one who probably drove the farthest to get there. By then, I'd logged around 3000-3500 miles on that trip.

screamday
08-03-2006, 09:59 AM
The most memorable one I ever went to was when I was on my way from Wyoming to Niagara Falls and stopped at a gas station in Erie, PA. I had this couple invite me to the Quaker Steak and Lube that had a huge Bike Night every week. They told me that there were typically hundreds of bikes each week. I wasn't on a time schedule, so I went. It was the LARGEST Bike Night I've ever seen. There must have been over 500 bikes there, and they told me that it was like that every single week! They introduced me to a bunch of their friends, and there were some really neat bikes there. I was told that I was the one who probably drove the farthest to get there. By then, I'd logged around 3000-3500 miles on that trip.

I believe all of the Quaker Steak and Lube's have a bike night. I know the one in Florida has a big draw on Bike Night. I'll bet the one in Charlotte has a Bike Night also.

ZukiFred
08-04-2006, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=Desmo Demon]They can be rather interesting. I was at one at the Hooters in Greenville about six years ago, and a guy and his girlfriend were doing all sorts of stunts on their Suzuki TL1000R on the side road. She rode, too, so they were changing back and forth while doing wheelies and stoppies (endos).

QUOTE]

I have no interest in the whole wheelie and stunting thing myself, I donít have anything against it, what others want to do with their bikes is there business, just not my thing I guess. I think that is what caught my eye on this one, looks like a nice place with some good people to hang out with and get to know, and maybe find some people to ride with.

Desmo Demon
08-04-2006, 09:38 AM
I have no interest in the whole wheelie and stunting thing myself, I don’t have anything against it, what others want to do with their bikes is there business, just not my thing I guess. I think that is what caught my eye on this one, looks like a nice place with some good people to hang out with and get to know, and maybe find some people to ride with.
Never know, you may find some good people to ride with. Some Bike Nights have the same core group of people that go to them, and others constantly have a revolving customer base. What happens at them can differ each night.....like the guy on the Harley trying to do a doughtnut and ending up launching the bike into the bushes when he accidentally hit the curb with the spinning rear wheel. Finding a Bike Night with a core group of people that ride like you, and have the same riding interests, may be a little tricky.

I quit going to them when I got tired of all the burnouts and doughnuts in the parking lot, the drag-racing in front of the business on the main street, the bikes with loud exhaust revving their bikes for no reason, and the negative publicity that these people give the rest of us motorcyclists.......and, now, I'd rather be out riding than hanging out in a parking lot, somewhere......but that's just me.....and the thing about a lot of these Bike Nights is that a majority of the people who attend them do only that.......Bike Night after Bike Night. If you like to ride, especially long distances, you're better off hanging out at the store on Hwy 11/Hwy 178 the top of Ceasar's Head, or similar hang-out if you want to find others that actually like to ride. Rarely did I ever run across people at Bike Nights that liked the cross-country trips and 700-1000 mile weekends. People like that, typically aren't regulars at Bike Nights........this as a generalization, of course....or the ones that I've been to.

The types of people I always seemed to run into at Bike Nights are like my ex roommate who had a 1995 with only 9000 miles on it when he sold it two years ago, and his 2001 Harley probably doesn't have 10k miles on it. All the people he hangs out with, now, also have very low mileage bikes......all because the only riding that they do is to-and-from the Bike Nights during the summer. :rolleyes: :confused:

Jerry Canady
08-07-2006, 01:38 PM
CRASH & BURN.....ouch,

Yep I mean ROAD RASH and more! I had an accident on the bike coming home from work last Wednesday after writing my last entry. Some guy slammed on the brakes in front of me while we were riding in the left lane approaching a traffic light. I don't know if it was the light he was stopping for or something else and I probably will never know, but I had to lock down the brakes and lean the bike left to avoid hitting him. We were traveling 30-35 MPH but in 5:00 traffic. I went down and avoided his car but don't remember much else until I woke face down on the pavement with a blanket under my face. I tried getting up but someone said, "you're hurt, don't get up". They called 911 and everything built with a siren came out. I have a broken collar bone, matter of fact, it's broken in two and overlapping and they can't do much for that but have me wearing a sling. An operation is possible at a later date after I see my doctor tomorrow. My ribs are bruised severly but not broken. Same with my hip, and I endured a slight concusion which gave me a lump the size of a tennis ball on the back side of my head, and skinned the hair completely off, and as I said,...road rash, road rash. I just praise God because it could have been much much worse! Several biker friends and family came out to the critical care unit to see me, even my buddy from Tribe of Judah (thanks for your prayers Byron!). I still had friends calling and visiting at home. I was able to attend Bike Nite Fridays and really enjoyed being with friends even though I had to take it easy. My buddies Frank & Jim got my bike out from the shop where it was towed and won't even let me know the fees..just said, it's taken care of and put it in my garage for me. The cop gave me a ticket, "too fast for conditions"..(you GOT to be kidding!) a fee of $270 AND...50 cents, what's up with THAT? He told me, as I laid in a pool of my own blood, "you can appeal it". You can bet on that one! My bike still runs and is rideable, though I'm not able, but the windshield is badly scuffed and the crash bar which saved me is bent and scarred. A front running light is bashed but still works and there's a few scuffs and scratches on some of the crome but the body and paint didn't get touched. The cover on the sissy bar was torn up but isn't expensive to replace. The EMS tell me that I and my bike survived like a miracle. I just want to praise God...it's all Him!
So as you my fellow bikers ride, please watch out for those in cars....they'll getcha!
God Bless & Take Care,
Jerry Canady

D-Day
08-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Man, that's rough. Good luck with the medical and keep us posted. We'll all be pulling for you!

-D

Desmo Demon
08-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Just be glad that you weren't sandwiched between two cars or something worse. I've learned about riding without gear and always wear a full-face helmet, gloves, and jacket, these days. As for the ticket.....not surprising. I figured they'd get you for either "Too fast for conditions" or "Following too closely". Either way, they look at as if you were going slower or had more distance between you and the car in front of you, you wouldn't have had the accident. You should always leave enough distance between you and the car in front of you to avoid any situation like this (hardly anyone does, though....I know I'm not good for it very often). Hope you heal up fast! Not to preach, but you may want to reconsider riding without a helmet after this.

ZukiFred
08-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your accident..
Hope all goes well and you heal fast..

Jerry Canady
08-17-2006, 06:47 AM
Thank you all for your concern. I am healing quickly and most of the road rash is already healed. As for my clavical, it will be a while before it mends on it's own. Ribs are still a bit sore too but I'm thankful they weren't broken. Again, thanks guys!
God Bless,
Jerry

Desmo Demon
08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
Thank you all for your concern. I am healing quickly and most of the road rash is already healed.
Glad to hear that you're healing well. I know it never seems to heal fast enough, though. Just take it easy, and you'll be back up and riding, soon.....if you aren't already.

flynfink
08-31-2006, 02:24 PM
good for it very often). Hope you heal up fast! Not to preach, but you may want to reconsider riding without a helmet after this.

+2

meanstrk
01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, hello Fred!

Tukata
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Bike night without alcohol

wouldn't that be just going to dinner:buddies:

I miss the sun and its warmth. I want to ride this weekend

Jerry Canady
02-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Check out the many faces and bikes posted on the website
Bike Nite Fridays at Back Yard Burgers in Greenville SC (http://www.missionmax.org/bikenite/) :301:
We will be starting up on March 30 this year, so come on out rain or shine!!!
Everyone is welcome!

BabeOnaHarley
03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey Jerry,
Looking forward to Bike Nite Fridays (http://www.missionmax.org/bikenite/) again! WHooo Hoooo!!

MV031161
03-24-2007, 06:42 AM
Hello Desmo Demon,

Yea, I'm new to the site. I was just surfing the web and it popped up. Glad to see a great forum like this is available! I just had to join.

Greenville has three bike nites that I know of, the one at Hooters and Baileys next door to each other on Wednesday nights at the same time. Yea, they party it up there some, so I felt a need of change for those who DO NOT drink. Our Bike Nite is held at Back Yard Burgers and they do not serve alcohol. Several of us can't attend a mid-week bike nite so this is for all those wanting to relax on a Friday night after work with good conversation and great bikes.

Hope you will take the time to check out our webpage for bike nite (http://www.missionmax.org/bikenite). You might see several people you already know! Come on out!! All bikers welcome.

Jerry Canady

This is a classy guy!! Congratulations...I never understood bike night and beer drinking!!! Still dont...I am always the only A-hole drinking a diet coke unless it is going to be a long nite and I break down for the one and only beer of the night....Anyhow! Congratulations and I hope your gatherings are a success....oh...and Terry is a good guy. If you have a problem with him just tell Vicki...She'll put him on the dog kennel pretty fast

MV031161
03-24-2007, 06:47 AM
[QUOTE=Desmo Demon]They can be rather interesting. I was at one at the Hooters in Greenville about six years ago, and a guy and his girlfriend were doing all sorts of stunts on their Suzuki TL1000R on the side road. She rode, too, so they were changing back and forth while doing wheelies and stoppies (endos).

QUOTE]

I have no interest in the whole wheelie and stunting thing myself, I don’t have anything against it, what others want to do with their bikes is there business, just not my thing I guess. I think that is what caught my eye on this one, looks like a nice place with some good people to hang out with and get to know, and maybe find some people to ride with.

I dont have any patience for them either...none of th squid endencies attract me...on bike nights i want to talk bikes and see others bikers toys...I am not into HD's either unless they are pre-50's productions..No disrespect to the HD crowd. just stating my opinion...

C.R.S.
04-09-2007, 08:44 PM
Newbie to the site.

I'm with the other folks about the stunting and alcohol, not my beverage!

It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you ride.

I've seen some familiar names Zukifred and DesmoDemon.
- Zukifred from another site. (I'm RF900C)

- DesmoDemon: I've had the honor of riding/talking with you at the store located HWY11 and HWY178 in Pickens over the past couple of seasons. I used to be on a dark maroon RF900 now riding a TL1000S satin black with red tank. I'll hook up with Jackie-BMW or Penut SV650 or his Ninja250 and go hit the twistees.

I'm currently recooperating from neck surgery and should be able to ride again in May.

I will check out BNF's hopefully in May.

Mr. Canady I hope your healing well and looking forward to meeting you in the future.

Jerry Canady
04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Thank you CRS,
I'm all healed and riding everyday for a good while now. You will certainly be in my prayers for a quick recovery from your neck surgery. I look forward to meeting you in May. I love seeing the many different bikes that pull in at BNF. I ride with an assorted group most times. Doesn't matter WHAT you ride, it's THAT you ride, agree? Please approach me when you do come, I'd love to make sure I meet you and introduce you to many who attend. Most come out for the main purpose of meeting new friends.
Friday the 13th, Dawn from the motorcycle tv show, Carolina Cruiser (TV-cable channel 9 / TV 62) will be taping us for her show
that airs 6:30pm on Saturdays. carolinascw.com (http://carolinascw.com)

Shiny Side Up! :thumbsup:
Jerry Canady

www.missionmax.org/bikenite (http://missionmax.org/bikenite/)

Desmo Demon
04-10-2007, 10:36 AM
- DesmoDemon: I've had the honor of riding/talking with you at the store located HWY11 and HWY178 in Pickens over the past couple of seasons. I used to be on a dark maroon RF900 now riding a TL1000S satin black with red tank. I'll hook up with Jackie-BMW or Penut SV650 or his Ninja250 and go hit the twistees.
Glad to see you found the site! Sorry to hear about your surgury and having to sit out of some of the nice weather we've had for bike riding, though. I hope you have a complete recovery.....BTW, Vicki's still gonna take your footpegs one of these days while at the store. :eek: :D

C.R.S.
04-10-2007, 04:12 PM
Howdy DesmoDemon,

Mrs. Vicki can have the pegs, if I can have the purple ones off of her GSXR!!
Is Mrs. Vicki back to riding again based on my last conversation with yall?

I've been on the tlzone.net site mostly since I've gotten the TLS.

Well should find out more from the Neck Doc on 4/18?

Ride safe folks!

Desmo Demon
04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Mrs. Vicki can have the pegs, if I can have the purple ones off of her GSXR!!
Is Mrs. Vicki back to riding again based on my last conversation with yall?
Yeah, I think the last time we saw you, she was still waiting to recoup a little more from her last foot surgury. She's already logged over 1000 miles this year, I guess. We've made four day-trips to northern Georgia since February. Already finished off the front and rear tires on the R1 and probably close to halfway through the new rear tire and ridden the GSXR a few times. We're hoping to do a good 1000+ miles the weekend of May 3-6th for a Ducati rally in Mt Airy, NC. Neither of us has really ridden any of those roads in that area (NC/VA/TN), so we are looking forward to it. We were planning on riding this weekend, but it looks like the weather will not be favorable.

I hand out on far too many forums during the week. It's the only way to make work go by faster. LOL

C.R.S.
04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I think the last time we saw you, she was still waiting to recoup a little more from her last foot surgury. She's already logged over 1000 miles this year, I guess. We've made four day-trips to northern Georgia since February. Already finished off the front and rear tires on the R1 and probably close to halfway through the new rear tire and ridden the GSXR a few times. We're hoping to do a good 1000+ miles the weekend of May 3-6th for a Ducati rally in Mt Airy, NC. Neither of us has really ridden any of those roads in that area (NC/VA/TN), so we are looking forward to it. We were planning on riding this weekend, but it looks like the weather will not be favorable.

I hand out on far too many forums during the week. It's the only way to make work go by faster. LOL

Glad to hear she's recooperated!
When did you git the R1? Thats a bike I'd like to get in the future!

OOOOPS!! :eek: I didn't mean to get off topic from the BNF's!

Desmo Demon
04-12-2007, 08:35 AM
When did you git the R1? Thats a bike I'd like to get in the future!
She's wanted one since they came out in '98.....we bought a used 2000 (red and white) with less than 4000 miles on it from Touring Sport back in January after it sat there for two months. Got a pretty good deal, too.

C.R.S.
04-12-2007, 10:37 PM
She's wanted one since they came out in '98.....we bought a used 2000 (red and white) with less than 4000 miles on it from Touring Sport back in January after it sat there for two months. Got a pretty good deal, too.

Congrats on the R1!!

I envy :applause: yall with the multiple horses in the stable.

Desmo Demon
04-13-2007, 09:21 AM
I envy :applause: yall with the multiple horses in the stable.
have you seen this bike I'm trying to get running again?

http://members.aol.com/TBoling125/vicks_paso.html

C.R.S.
04-13-2007, 05:46 PM
have you seen this bike I'm trying to get running again?

http://members.aol.com/TBoling125/vicks_paso.html

Not that familiar with the Paso is it a late 80's Duc.
Is it similar to the mid 90's supersports (900SS)?

What are you lacking before it is road ready. Good Looking Bike!

Hey do you think we need to start a new thread, I believe we've gotten off topic!