PDA

View Full Version : Helmets that fit a long Oval

STRETCH
06-14-2010, 06:32 PM
I've got about 60,000 miles on my Icon helmet (my second Icon, but they discontinued this model), and I'm looking for a replacement.

My head shape is described as a long Oval. It seems most manurfacturers (sp) make Helmets that fit a medium oval to round head shape.

So far I have found the new RF1100 to be a good fit (suprising since the RF1000 didn't).
Does anyone know of any other helmets designed to fit a Long Oval?

Oh yeah and nobody stocks the Arai Profile.

C.R.S.
06-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Try the Fulmer SS series ? I have one too, fits well.

Fastbrit
06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
I have an Arai Profile and a long thin head.
Motor Cycles of Charlotte used to stock the profile and did me a great deal on one.

buddyholly
06-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I have a long oval head shape also...I just got a RKT101 from compacc.
WebBikeWorld review doesn't consider it a long oval; but the reviewer always states that he orders an XL; and that his head is round. I wear a small. I have found the cheekpads snug, no pressure points...so far, I am very satisfied. I have had none of the visor issues he complained about in 2007, maybe just an initial run that were distorted. The carbon fiber is nice, weighs a tad over 3lbs...hasn't been through the autoclave, but the cloth is really laid up well. It's Snell and DOT. If you don't mind the copper clearcoat, you can get one for 147. otherwise its 199.

STRETCH
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Thanks CRS. I'll give the Fulmer a try.

thanks fastbrit. Charlote is a little farther then I wanted to go to try on a helmet, but thanks for the info. Next time I'm driving through I'll stop and check them out. Do you know the address?

Buddyholly who caries the "RKT101" localy? I'd like to try one on. That's pretty cheap for a carbon lid.

Fastbrit
06-16-2010, 07:18 AM
They are on Independance Blvd.
Here is a link to their web site http://www.bmw-ducati.com/
They are meant to be moving soon to a new building on Westinghouse, so I would give them a call before turning up also to ask if they have what you are looking for.
John in the parts department is a great guy and really helpful. 704 882 6106

NKDBKrider
06-16-2010, 08:58 AM
I have an oval head also. I currently am wearing an HJC FS-10 and it fits great. I haven't felt any pressure on the front or back of my head at all and the internal sun visor is great.

buddyholly
06-16-2010, 11:40 AM
HJC actually makes the RKT101 for JoeRocket.