PDA

View Full Version : truck attacking motorcycles on 215

STRETCH
08-24-2010, 06:53 PM
I met a guy in a white Kia minivan who did his best to run me off the road as I passed him Sunday, after swerving back and forth in front of me and slamming on the brakes trying to cause an accident for several miles. during a later discussion with the police He stated that he was "tired of those damn motorcycles passing him on his road". the irony is if he hadn't been trying to cause a wreck, I had no intention of passing him.
He is a local who lives near the flat strait section of 215, 1/2 way between 64 and the BRP. Watch out for this guy. His vehicle can be Identified by those stickers that show all the members of your familly on the back window and a size 16 boot print in his drivers side door, possibly with some scratches from those metal toe sliders of mine.

When I reached the gas station in Rosman NC, The cashier told me 2 other motorcyclist (cruiser riders) that day had stopped and told her a white truck had ran them off the road on 215. No way to know if it was the same vehicle. The Kia minivan I had my altercation with was the size of a small SUV.

C.R.S.
08-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Will keep an eye out this coming weekend.
PM me if you got a facial description?

Viper
08-25-2010, 10:16 AM
That is what guns are for. Shoot his tires out.:hunter: :thgatlin:

boxmonkey
08-25-2010, 10:29 AM
That is what guns are for. Shoot his tires out.:hunter: :thgatlin:

ball barrings, sharp objects etc. . .prob best if you did something with out a gun. a gun. . .get you in more trouble now a-days then it's worth. although I still feel it's worth while to own one.

but yea show me this truck show me a vehicle not going to survive long after he tries that shit with me.

vto1939
08-26-2010, 08:03 AM
So whats the legalities of having a pump 12g strapped to the side of a ninja? I still wanna pull over people in their cars who feel the need to go into the opposite lane when going around curves.

boxmonkey
08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
So whats the legalities of having a pump 12g strapped to the side of a ninja? I still wanna pull over people in their cars who feel the need to go into the opposite lane when going around curves.

some drivers ed classes teach people to if they can see through the corner and there is no on coming traffic.

but my question is what about the bikers that when they lean their bike is in their lane but their head is across the line. it goes both ways.

STRETCH
08-26-2010, 05:12 PM
some drivers ed classes teach people to if they can see through the corner and there is no on coming traffic.

but my question is what about the bikers that when they lean their bike is in their lane but their head is across the line. it goes both ways.

ask John aka bigboyon2wheels
he got a ticket for just that in TN recently

as for driver ed teachers instructing students to brake the law and endanger other motorists "those who can do, and those who can't teach"

RyanK
08-28-2010, 05:43 PM
"those who can do, and those who can't teach"
:hang2: lol.

Its been in a while ago, but I remember seeing somethign that seemed fishy up there before. Been a while, and thankfully it wasn't me that they were trying ot run off the road. Thanks for the heads up though!

boxmonkey
08-28-2010, 06:07 PM
ask John aka bigboyon2wheels
he got a ticket for just that in TN recently

as for driver ed teachers instructing students to brake the law and endanger other motorists "those who can do, and those who can't teach"

that's funny because I'm from TN, originally. and to be honest that's where they taught us to straighten out the corners.

but I honestly don't think that saying is exactly accurately. considering that the greatest teachers were the ones that can do.

I recently read an article on safe riding/driving practices that tells people to stay in the far left lane of the interstate. they ignore the fact that that's a passing lane. they say that that it's just recommended that lane is for passing only. BUT it's actually law at least in the states I've been to. there is a lot of miss information about the laws. and the teachers don't even know them. how can we allow people to get DL when the teachers don't even know or teach properly. why are the tests so easy? we should institute a driving course like the Netherlands has. but we won't.

buddyholly
09-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Could a .410 blast to the driver be considered self-defense?

I just got home from a looooooooooong road trip on 4 wheels. I am amazed at the number of self-appointed "hall monitors" that choose to dominate (butt-plug) the left lane. Usually a Cadillac, Expedition, or Suburban...just moseying along, fender-to-fender, with the car in the right lane....

Stretch, I also ran into a homicidal driver in a pearl-white Escalade on 64 near the gorge. You may have been there that day. There were probably 6 of us; it was a weekday. I was the last to pass this idiot, each biker had passed him 1 at a time. He would hammer it down the straights, then nearly lock'em up at curves. When I eventually passed him, he drag raced me for the next corner. As he couldn't deal with my fine Suzuki Bandit torque, he laid on the horn and swerved as I passed...10 seconds later, I was in a different zip-code...what the hell is the matter with these people? Did they not get enough hugs as children? Too many Bruce Willis movies?

All I know is that I am afraid to mount my holster to upper fairing. I have thought about it. I am afraid because I'd do it.

fatmax
09-04-2010, 12:16 AM
Getting to be a routine thing around here. Get cut off at least twice every am trying to get home from work. They look right at you & then step into it & pull out in front of you. Used to see Slow traffic keep right / Keep right except to pass signs on the four lanes - what happened to them all?

buddyholly
09-05-2010, 09:21 AM
Kentucky and Illinois use "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" I like the tone of this sign; it has an autobahnesque meaning. It includes everyone. Maybe should have an auxiliary sign beneath "THIS MEANS YOU"

"SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" means if you're in the right lane, you freely admit to being slow. Other than logging trucks and wide-loads, nobody thinks they're slow. aka deficient, challenged etc. It means those people who go slower than them.

Just so y'all don't think I'm a hypocrite, Bcool,Law1200,Stretch,Vicki,John and others can testify that I am readily willing to let faster traffic by.

bCool
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
I just like saying autobahnesque.:beach:

Desmo Demon
09-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Kentucky and Illinois use "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" I like the tone of this sign;
I believe Virginia has the same sign and they will ticket you if you are not passing and in the left lane. I recall seeing the sign on my way to Norfolk back in 2003 as a buddy of mine and I rode our Harleys up the east coast and into Canada.

MV031161
09-05-2010, 09:57 PM
People like this shoulf go to jail!

C.R.S.
09-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Rode 215 to the Parkway Saturday & Sunday while scouting for the SUV with foot print in the door, no luck.
Looks like 215 is starting to shape up :ohyea:
Becareful with the new pavement and gravel being kicked up/onto the road.
They have started with new asphalt in a few places about two miles past the trout farm on the way up.

Ride Safe:scooter:

STRETCH
09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Looks like 215 is starting to shape up :ohyea:
Becareful with the new pavement and gravel being kicked up/onto the road.
They have started with new asphalt in a few places about two miles past the trout farm on the way up.

Ride Safe:scooter:

DID you notice the put one of the passing zones back in the strait stretch before the trout farm?

bCool
09-08-2010, 12:00 AM
Of course we all only pass in the passing zones. Does this type passing upset the minivan driver or is it the other type passing? How would a helmet or bike video cam on a second bike getting footage of the van in action sound? I don't know what good it would do but it would be fun and maybe scare him off if he figured out what we were doing. Nah prob not. Anyone with a cam they would loan out. I'm sure Stretch would lead and I would shoot (video, of course) the varmit in action. :beach:

RyanK
09-08-2010, 10:55 AM
Of course we all only pass in the passing zones. Does this type passing upset the minivan driver or is it the other type passing? How would a helmet or bike video cam on a second bike getting footage of the van in action sound? I don't know what good it would do but it would be fun and maybe scare him off if he figured out what we were doing. Nah prob not. Anyone with a cam they would loan out. I'm sure Stretch would lead and I would shoot (video, of course) the varmit in action. :beach:
I WONDER IF THIS WOULD BE ADMISSIBLE IN COURT? ATTEMPTED MANSLAUGHTER?

STRETCH
09-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Ironicly I had been filming with a helmet mounted camera earlier that day (on the tire eater), testing camera angle. a friend wanted me to video his riding in the hopes of improving his technique. but it was in the tank bag at the time. Isn't that the way it always is.

buster
05-29-2011, 01:17 PM
A video reminded me of this thread today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZkZTYkaM&feature=player_embedded

PGWelch
05-29-2011, 06:19 PM

I have seen a Harley that had a shot gun mounted backwards on the bike. I wish I would have gotten a picture.

@Stretch-I have been thinking about heading up to 215 in June. The last few weeks have been very hot out on 178. I can probably catch the moron doing something stupid on film (so to speak).

STRETCH
05-29-2011, 08:02 PM
my incident was between the gas station and the B.R.P. I think he lives around there somewhere. he told the cop " I'm tired of those damn motorcycles trying to pass me on my road" I haven't seen his vehicle since the incident.

RyanK
06-01-2011, 11:30 AM
A video reminded me of this thread today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbTZkZTYkaM&feature=player_embedded
That was nuts. Dude about took out another one or 2 head on! Wish I could hear the conversation after they stopped... What a prick...

sprint_st
06-01-2011, 11:55 AM
That was nuts. Dude about took out another one or 2 head on! Wish I could hear the conversation after they stopped... What a prick...
I'd like to know what happened AFTER the police arrived.

RyanK
06-02-2011, 10:26 AM
yeah, that too...esp when the guy in the truck realized "oh crap, I'm on video" :hang2:

Wolfman
06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
According to the guy doing the filming posts on a KY bike forum. The guy left before the cops showed up. But the DA has the video and will be prosecuting the guy when the cops find him. The truck was not registered to the guy driving it....

sprint_st
06-03-2011, 06:28 AM
According to the guy doing the filming posts on a KY bike forum. The guy left before the cops showed up. But the DA has the video and will be prosecuting the guy when the cops find him. The truck was not registered to the guy driving it....
What the guy did was NOT a simple traffic violation. That had to be a felony. The guy who owned the truck could find the guy driving it or put the owner in the slammer.

chawkes5645
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
I have a helmet cam now, I'll catch the SOB of film. Extract revenge, then let the law deal with him.

Wolfman
06-07-2011, 09:11 PM
I have a helmet cam now, I'll catch the SOB of film. Extract revenge, then let the law deal with him.

I run a camera front and rear

bCool
06-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Just be sure you act in a lawful manner, as I personally know of someone on the forum that had his camera confiscated and kept for evidence. If it shows you acting in an unlawful manner, such as speedometer visible in the video with excessive speed involved, or passing in a no passing zone, or aggressive driving, following too closely, well you get the point. Video is great, just don't let it convict you! BOOM! BACKFIRE! b:beach:

chawkes5645
06-08-2011, 05:15 PM
That's always a concern,just shooting video. I believe you can caarry a long gun, unloaded. If you use it you will go to jail until thing's are sorted out. Plan on hiring a lawyer.Any CWP instructor will tell you that. You better have some solid evidence.

If he is using his truck as a weapon he will go to jail, probally on felony charges. So will you if you et caught droppig ball bearing's etc....

No comment on revenge tactic's online.
ch

Ps I want to camp at the campground on 215, but never stopped and looked and am not sure of the name so I can call. Anyone?

rookie
06-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Try this link:
http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/v.php?pg=858

chawkes5645
06-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey, Thank's a lot. I know of a Rally/ Riding Clinc eing held here in October. This looks like their undisclosed campgroud that they intend to completely rent.
It's a good event held a really good advanced MSF instructor is doing the riding clinic part.
ch