PDA

View Full Version : locations of gas stations that sell ethanol free gas

STRETCH
01-20-2011, 06:42 PM
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=SC

ethanol free gas provides slightly higher performance, improved fuel economy, and lasts longer in storage.

Ethanol absorbs moisture more readily then Petrol and seperates from fuel.

RyanK
01-21-2011, 10:58 AM
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=SC

ethanol free gas provides slightly higher performance, improved fuel economy, and lasts longer in storage.

They missed a couple...

Gas station/Convenience store on corner of Center Street & S. Poinsett Hwy. in Travelers Rest.

Also Mountainview Gift Shop (a dumpy little convenience store) on highway 276 between Marietta & Cleveland.

STRETCH
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
They missed a couple...

Gas station/Convenience store on corner of Center Street & S. Poinsett Hwy. in Travelers Rest.

Also Mountainview Gift Shop (a dumpy little convenience store) on highway 276 between Marietta & Cleveland.

there is a place on the website to add new gas stations and remove ones that no longer sell pure gas.

you may also notice that some stations add gas to only some octanes.

STRETCH
04-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I found this one just south of Shady valley on 91. first gas station you see on the right as you leave the valley of serpents.

sprint_st
04-19-2011, 08:40 PM

This is another topic where politics trumps science. Ask the outboard boat owners what they think of gasohol.

STRETCH
04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
I found this one just north of blood mountain.
at the corner of 129 and Booger Hollow

Hogtyme
05-02-2011, 07:54 AM
I have found several ethanol free gas stations available in rural agricultural areas where they cater to farmers. Store owner told me the ag. equipment will not run on 10% ethanol fuel. So if you find yourself out in the hinterlands and see a gas station that seems to cater to farmers, try them out. BTW, I got no additional performance but I did get just a tad over 10% mileage increase.

Hogtyme

STRETCH
05-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I got no additional performance but I did get just a tad over 10% mileage increase.

Hogtyme
ethanol produces aproximately 70% of the energy when burned as gasoline.
since most gas is only 10% ethanol all other things being equal your looking at only a 3% drop in hp. On a 150hp bike that would be a loss of 4.5hp at maximum hp. Not something the old seat of the pants dyno is likely to notice, unless your racing. Unfortunately ethanol is not the only hp robbing additive they put in fuel. Especialy in the winter.

G.M. claims that there flex fuel vehicles average 25% worse fuel economy on 85% ethanol compared to the standard 10%

sprint_st
05-02-2011, 08:52 PM
ethanol produces aproximately 70% of the energy when burned as gasoline.
since most gas is only 10% ethanol all other things being equal your looking at only a 3% drop in hp. On a 150hp bike that would be a loss of 4.5hp at maximum hp. Not something the old seat of the pants dyno is likely to notice, unless your racing. Unfortunately ethanol is not the only hp robbing additive they put in fuel. Especialy in the winter.

G.M. claims that there flex fuel vehicles average 25% worse fuel economy on 85% ethanol compared to the standard 10%
I tried to pencil whip the numbers by #BTU's (or whatever unit is in vogue these days) per unit volume of gas or alcohol mix and all it did was make my head hurt. Unless you can run the same roads under the same conditions it is very hard to make a good comparison. Stretch brings up a great point, not only do additive packages change from time to time but brand to brand. The temperature, humidity and altitude all factor in. Anyway you cut it I'm convinced, science or voodoo that I get better MPG on straight gas. On my last bike, an FJR I would get 20 miles or more before the get gas bars started to flash when running the same road at the same speeds for a full tank (Spartanburg to Ohio and back) with no alcohol mix. That was done all in one weekend with almost identical conditions on back to back 600 mile runs.

STRETCH
06-22-2011, 01:07 AM
this old gas station (built 1950) is still ethanol free. It can be found along 19W north of 19E. In the days this gaas station was new Corn juice was still caried in the trunk of cars in a dozen carefully packed mason jars, not added to gas.

sprint_st
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Just a comment. On the tank I filled at the station Stretch mentioned above I got about 12% better mileage.

regener8ed
07-05-2011, 07:27 AM
so if you're getting 10% better mileage you can pay up to $.30 per gallon more for it (right now) and actually come out ahead!

my joint's on the list: Garden Spot at the corner of State Park (253) and Altamont