PDA

View Full Version : Great ride today even with a break down

law1200
01-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Man! it sure was good to see some of the CR members today we had a good time riding and ragging each other about what ever we could and at the end of the day BuellB**ter was the main subject. :hysterical:

Desmo Demon
01-30-2011, 06:41 PM
So....who broke own?

Yeah...Marty is easy prey for a good ribbing. Sometmes I think he is almost as easy (for being the butt of a good joke) than Chuck is. :newrofl:

STRETCH
01-30-2011, 06:48 PM
is that a buell belt?
I thought those things lasted forever.

law1200
01-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Yeah Marty's rubber band broke coming down 178 at the last left hander about a mile and a half from the store. Those broken belts make a good tow rope.

Desmo Demon
01-31-2011, 10:34 AM
is that a buell belt?
I thought those things lasted forever.

I didn't see what he was holding with the small screen on my laptop. I texted with Jeremy and he told me the belt had broke....and that it was only three months old or something like that.

I have also heard of those belts lasting forever. I've heard of some accounts where they (on Harleys) held up to 70k+ miles and will wear out the pulleys.

STRETCH
01-31-2011, 10:43 AM
i think the last generation of buells came with a life time warranty on those belts.
of course that's probably hard to collect on now.

I had fun riding with ya B.B. Sorry about your bad luck. Judging from the weather forcast you will have plenty of time to get her fixed.

Sorry I missed you Law. you must have arrived a little after I left.:scooter:

too bad I had an old bald front tire, I would have stayed to play a little longer.
I pulled this one off when I got home and put on another slightly less bald used tire :headshake: I guess I never learn, but I've got 3 more used tires to wear out before spring.:wheelie:

1literhogbeater
01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
i think the last generation of buells came with a life time warranty on those belts.
of course that's probably hard to collect on now.

I had fun riding with ya B.B. Sorry about your bad luck. Judging from the weather forcast you will have plenty of time to get her fixed.

Sorry I missed you Law. you must have arrived a little after I left.:scooter:

too bad I had an old bald front tire, I would have stayed to play a little longer.
I pulled this one off when I got home and put on another slightly less bald used tire :headshake: I guess I never learn, but I've got 3 more used tires to wear out before spring.:wheelie:

This was my tire the day I rode with you and Kent. I think I got my monies worth out of it. http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/chrispotter/worntire.jpg[/IMG]