PDA

View Full Version : for any dual sport riders on here....

RyanK
05-31-2011, 10:52 AM
Took the truck thru here last weekend, around the back side of DuPont, and this road has gotten fairly rough. A nice rock section in it now that is slightly washed out. Not really a challenge for the seasoned rider, but fun none-the-less I'm sure. Also right there is an old trail with the gate opened. It headed W off the road, at the S end of the new clearcut. We followed it back about a mile before is started getting pretty narrow and the kids were complaining of bugs...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Co+Rd+1114%2FPinnacle+Mountain+Rd&daddr=Co+Rd+1114%2FPinnacle+Mountain+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FaSHGAIdeMQT-w%3BFU42GQIde10U-w&mra=me&mrsp=1,0&sz=14&sll=35.185314,-82.574015&sspn=0.062012,0.090895&ie=UTF8&z=14

If you're unfamiliar with the area, many of the roads shown are gated.

As for gravel roads I know about:
- Green River Rd. to the E of "A" is a good one. Winds along the river and is in pretty good shape the last time I was on it.
- Sky Valley Rd. is your standard gravel road. Lots of switchbacks make it pretty fun. Watch for bikers/hikers.
- The rest of Pinnacle Mtn. Rd. does go thru. Average gravel rd.
- West of here is Cascade Lake Rd. It is a gravel road that winds around the lake. Very cool dam; VERY tall.