PDA

View Full Version : Canyon Dancer Motorcycle bar harness

desmo907
09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
Canyon Dancer Motorcycle bar harness
Bar Harness designed by Canyon Dancer to take the worry out of transporting your favorite motorcycle, the Bar-Harness is made of 5,550 Lb. and 12,000 Lb. tensile strength Nylon webbing sewn together to form a product so new and different! Installation is simple. Just pull the wide Nylon grip cuffs apart and slip them over your motorcycle or atv grips. Then give the looped ends of the cross straps a tug and you ready to put your own tie-down strap hooks into the loops. The standard length straps fit most motorcycle sport bikes. To protect the tank from possible chafing, a stretch sleeve of soft polar fleece is also included. A must item to protect your motorcycle or ATV.
I have 2 (black and red). I used them once to transport some motorcycles cross country.

*************Only 1 left - red Dancer*************
$15 each.

Desmo Demon
09-01-2006, 01:33 PM
They are pretty good items to have, and the only drawback that I've run across is that they have a tendancy to pull your grips up a bit, sometimes. I used to ride with one under my seat, just in case I needed to be trailered back home.

I see that your first two posts are for items that you are selling. How about letting us know a little about yourself and where you like to ride? I'm assuming by your username that you have a Ducati Paso 907....How do you like the bike......I'm currently working on bring an '87 Paso 750 back to life for my wife.

splkevin
09-02-2006, 04:12 AM
Still have one available?

desmo907
09-06-2006, 08:15 PM
I was on this board a few years ago when I moved here from CO. But I been of a while and somehow I lost my ID (same). I had a 1992 907ie (since new) that I sold with over 43k fun, reliable miles last year. I also sold my 1989 Transalp and am down to a 1998 VFR800. Having a 3 year old doesn't give me lots of time to ride (i used to ride ~15k miles year). I know, no excuse. Currently am trying to sell a car to maybe get a Ural Retro (with sidecar).

As far as the Dancers. I hauled a VFR and Transalp from CO to NC (and one back again) with no issues at all. I hauled my 907 locally also. They are awesome and protect the tank well. I just don't haul anymore (sold the trailer).

Desmo Demon
09-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Having a 3 year old doesn't give me lots of time to ride (i used to ride ~15k miles year). I know, no excuse.
I know how that is with a 20-month old at the house. Fortunately, the grand-parents fight ove who gets her on the weekends, so Vicki and I have a decent amount of time to ride. I think she's up to 4k-5k miles and I'm around 9k, so far this year.

DucatiJeff
09-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Not recommended for a Ducati - it breaks the pin that holds the turn signal/horn assembly in place. I've messed up both of my bikes with the ole' Canyon Dancer. I found a way to turn it around and use each grip cover as a bar cap which won't damage anything but you have to really tie her down tight!

Desmo Demon
09-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Not recommended for a Ducati - it breaks the pin that holds the turn signal/horn assembly in place.
I haven't had that issue with my 748, but it does like to pull the grips toward the center of the bike. As for my ST2, I removed and filed all of those locator pins for the controls when I added my custom bars, plus, I can position my controls at any angle I want, as the pins don't hinder repositioning. I've never even had the controls slide when using the Canyon Dancers. Any chance you had your straps a bit too tight?

DucatiJeff
09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Any chance you had your straps a bit too tight?

Probably - I had the 999s come loose a couple of times in the trailer. Once was when I was headed to Road Atlanta last season and the bike slid around busting a lot of parts including right front rotor....:mad: which left me high a dry for that event.

:cool:

Desmo Demon
09-07-2006, 01:50 PM
Once was when I was headed to Road Atlanta last season and the bike slid around busting a lot of parts including right front rotor....:mad: which left me high a dry for that event.
I remember that!

I typically don't like to trailer, anymore. I used to have an enclosed trailer, but was always paranoid and constantly checking everything. Despite road grime and the like, I actually prefer an open trailer or a pickup bed. I like being able to see the bike anytime I want to.....especailly after hitting a huge pothole that I didn't notice in the road. :eek:

Road Rash
09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
I had never thought about the pins on a duc, but Jeff is onto something there. I have used them once and they were used by the track staff to get my bike off the track after a session over and my bike was done. :squid:

flynfink
09-07-2006, 10:23 PM
Used them on my Monster many time.. no problem. OK, they have real handlebars

Used them on my ST once.. No Problem.

desmo907
09-09-2006, 01:38 PM
Used them on my Monster many time.. no problem. OK, they have real handlebars

Used them on my ST once.. No Problem.

I am sure there is variability across all bikes. I used them several times on my 907 without any issue :banana: