Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums

Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/index.php)
-   NC - Charlotte, Greensboro/Central NC (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   No-Mar tire changer: Do you need help changing tires? (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1440)

Wanderer13 06-27-2007 12:12 PM

No-Mar tire changer: Do you need help changing tires?

I just purchased a No-Mar tire changer, wheel balancer and all of the accessories. I can help you change/balance your street bike tires (tyres for foreigners). I live in Matthews and can help out almost any day of the week. I have a universal front stand and rear stand that fits most bikes but not all. I am asking for a $20 donation per tire or $35 for a set (off the bike) to help offset the cost of the machine, supplies and accessories. I also have DynaBeads at $3/oz. Send me a private message if you have interest/questions and we can set something up. Thanks.

David

jjsorkin 06-29-2007 02:53 PM

Re: No-Mar tire changer: Do you need help changing tires?

Hey Jeff (:

How's it going?

Wanderer13 06-29-2007 04:18 PM

It's going well Jim. Thanks for asking. Getting ready to use the No-Mar to mount my new Avon Storms for my 8,200+ mile trip in two weeks. Can't wait.

jjsorkin 06-29-2007 04:21 PM

Let me know how it turns out as I may need new tires in another 700 miles. I was looking at Metzler's.

Jon

jjsorkin 06-29-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer
It's going well Jim. Thanks for asking. Getting ready to use the No-Mar to mount my new Avon Storms for my 8,200+ mile trip in two weeks. Can't wait.

David,

Good luck on your ride to Laguna Seca. I went to Laguna Seca back when Kenny Roberts and Freddy Spencer was still racing. It's been a while. Let's also plan early for Daytona Bike Week next March. If you wait until December to plan, it is already too late. Just thought I'd tell you that I could not help myself and ordered some additional farkle for my V-Strom 1000. I ordered an Airhawk seat cushion for the longer rides and also ordered MP Cycle Design Shorty windscreen with Madstad Brackets for the twisties. BTW, I saw you lusting over my Audiovox Cruise Control on my V-Strom. If you order the parts, I can help you install it.

Later.

Wanderer13 06-29-2007 08:19 PM

I am getting ready to mount my Avon Storms on my FJR. Probably do it mid week so that I have time to play around with the balancer and everything else. I will keep you posted. As far as cruise control, I will probably stick with the $24 Vista Cruise, seems to work pretty well so far. Daytona is easy to plan for if you camp in the infield of the Speedway. Never tried to go the hotel route. I will start thinking about that after Laguna Seca/Canada in July, probably going to drive (in car) out to Burning Man at the end of August and then to Nova Scotia/New Brunswick in late September. On a separate note, went to the Ducati Hypermotard unveiling tonight, can't wait for it to arrive (most likely in August).

p.s. I knew your name was Jon, just messing with you.

Wanderer13 07-02-2007 11:45 AM

Just removed the old Avon Storm rear and mounted and balanced the new one. Everything went according to plan. Didn't even cuss once! Took the bike on the highway and got her up to speed and them some, not a wobble to be found. Got the splines and drive shaft lubed, changed the rear end oil. Laguna Seca, here I come.

Wanderer13 09-26-2007 04:28 PM

Bump!

Mach VIII 10-25-2007 03:28 PM

Hey David, just wanted to again say THANKS for changing out that tire for me today. The machine/setup you've got is pretty sweet indeed and didn't leave so much as a mark or nick on my polished rims. Had a great time hanging out and chit-chatting about bikes too. :thumbsup:

For others in the area, it's a great offer David has extended. Take him up on it.

intel_killer 11-02-2007 09:02 PM

Hey Dave,

Thanks again for getting my tires mounted and balanced for me. The setup looks and works great. Anyone else is who thinking about it, def hit up Dave for the tire swaps. Quick and Painless.