Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums

Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/index.php)
-   Specialty Tool Loaner Program (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Specialty Tools - Charlotte, NC area (http://www.carolinariders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5001)

Wanderer13 01-25-2010 07:55 PM

Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
I was thinking about creating a thread with a list of specialty tools that people would be willing to loan out to fellow CR members. You break it you buy it policy would apply. We are not talking screw drivers and hammers but more like chain tool kits, seal drivers, suspension tools, etc. Tools that you may only use a handful of times per year or ones that you would like to have access to but are just too cheap. If we have enough interest, we could make it a sticky and others could duplicate the idea by region. Let me know what you think. So far I can add to the list a Blind Hole Bearing Puller. I bought it this week to pull out and replace the wheel bearings on the DR650. It will fit internal bearing diameters from 3/8" to 1.5".

rocketman1098S 01-25-2010 10:34 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wanderer
I was thinking about creating a thread with a list of specialty tools that people would be willing to loan out to fellow CR members. You break it you buy it policy would apply. We are not talking screw drivers and hammers but more like chain tool kits, seal drivers, suspension tools, etc. Tools that you may only use a handful of times per year or ones that you would like to have access to but are just too cheap. If we have enough interest, we could make it a sticky and others could duplicate the idea by region. Let me know what you think. So far I can add to the list a Blind Hole Bearing Puller. I bought it this week to pull out and replace the wheel bearings on the DR650. I will fit internal bearing diameters from 3/8" to 1.5".


David, you might want to invest in a "T" pretty quickly...

Wanderer13 01-25-2010 10:48 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rocketman1098S
David, you might want to invest in a "T" pretty quickly...


I know this from experience!

chadlnc 01-26-2010 02:53 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Not sure I have anything to add to the list, but I think this is a great idea. I do have an electric pressure washer good after those really muddy off road rides.

I could use a Nutsert metric install tool to reset or install a new nutsert on my Husky.

Wanderer13 01-26-2010 03:36 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Tool, Purpose, Contact

Blind Hole Bearing Puller, wheel bearing removal, Wanderer
Electric Pressure Washer, clean stuff up, ChadInc

If anyone wants to add to the list, just quote this message, add your tool and delete the [quote] formatting. That way, the updated list will include everything and will eliminate the need to scroll through all the post.

Mach VIII 01-26-2010 05:22 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Nice idea David.


Blind Hole Bearing Puller, wheel bearing removal, Wanderer
Electric Pressure Washer, clean stuff up, ChadInc
Motion Pro Chain Breaker & Press, remove/install chain, Mach VIII

cdues 07-05-2010 09:36 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
I have both a drive chain breaker and a cam chain breaker (drives pin back in as well.)

Fork seal tool.

Some massive sized sockets.

Anybody have a carb sync tool I can borrow for a day or so?

Wanderer13 07-05-2010 10:28 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by cdues
Anybody have a carb sync tool I can borrow for a day or so?


I have one of the Motion Pro carb sync tools that has 4 lines. This is the one with the mercury in it. If that is what you are looking for, you are welcome to borrow it.

Bobdesmo 07-06-2010 09:32 AM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
I have a lower front fork pit bull for changing tires. Also a rear single side swing arm that you use from the side. It came with a stud for 1098, MV Aug. and BMW. If you mail your dia. I can see if I have something that will fit. And a standard rear pit bull rear stand. BobL.

rocketman1098S 07-06-2010 12:16 PM

Re: Specialty Tool Loaner Program
 
Blind Hole Bearing Puller, wheel bearing removal, Wanderer
Electric Pressure Washer, clean stuff up, ChadInc
Motion Pro Chain Breaker & Press, remove/install chain, Mach VIII
RK Chain Breaker/ Riveter rocketman1098S N Central NC


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2011 - CarolinaRiders.com CarolinaRiders.net CarolinaRiders.org RidersOfTheCarolinas.com RidersOfTheCarolinas.net RidersOfTheCarolinas.org (All rights reserved)