Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > Motorcycle News, Special Events, Workshops, Riding Gear
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Motorcycle News, Special Events, Workshops, Riding Gear General forum for all members to post motorcycle news, motorcycle reviews, group rides, riding gear reviews and recommendation, special events, workshops, and open house events.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm NOT a squid!

Suzuki Vicki Curb Monkey
Send a message via AIM to Suzuki Vicki
Default Re: School is out and the riders are too!

I to am a freak for wearing all of my gear. It has saved my stupid (and reckless when I was younger) butt too many times to not wear it.
I've been called a power ranger several times. One of the last was by a guy on a Harley at Lake Lure a few years ago. (He said he was super fast. He said he had Nitro hooked up his bike.) but when it came to making a run up the mountain, the dude decided that he didn't have the right gear to wear. So maybe that is why they don't bother to wear the proper gear. So that they can have a good excuse when someone does call 'em out of the bar.
You just wouldn't believe the number of folks around here who think proper gear includes a tank top, shorts and flip flops. Sometimes, they are even ignorant enough to hang the d**n helmet on the freaking SIDE of the bike. I guess when they crash, they will put it slo-mo and grab they helmet real quick and save their usless noggin just in time. Actually, I do know it is for getting under 21 girls to ride with them. If I ever caught my daughter riding with someone stupid enough to ride like that it wouldn't be a nice sight. I might even make the evening news.