Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > Greasy Garage and Happy Thoughts
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Greasy Garage and Happy Thoughts This is a forum for those who enjoy sharing happy thoughts. Humor, general gab, or just quiet calm thoughts. It's the Greasy Garage so grab a beer, pull up a chair and relax.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Member 27

Viper Curb Monkey
Cool BMW Performance Driving School

AWESOME! The grin I have on my face is making my cheeks hurt!

I joined a group of 31 business owners from Charlotte today for a team building event at the BMW facility in Greenville, SC. What a freakin blast! We were given the keys to 5 awesome BMW's:

M6
M3
750i Turbo
335i Twin Turbo
135i Turbo

First event - skid pad rat race with 335i. They soak the skid pad and set two cars opposite each other on the pad and you race in circles for 5 laps each and the first car to cross the finish line first wins. I got beat by a nose. Oh well... first time on a skid pad so second place in our group is not bad.

Second event - performance drive! M6, 750i Turbo and 135 Turbo. Road course test drive with these three hot rods so you can feel the difference of acceleration, handling and braking between these three machines. The M6 was confidence inspiring! Also very impressed with the 750i and the 135 which was quite fast as well.

Third event - M3 challenge! Timed one lap race around a road course with cones set up for slalom pass into a sweeping right hander. The hard on the brakes for a sharp hairpin right turn, up the hill and dash to the finish. You have to slam the brakes on at the last second and try to keep the car in the "box" at the end of the course. Won this event with the best time of 23.004 seconds. The instructor did it in 22.598 just to show us he was better. Got a $200 gift certificate for my efforts to use in their gift shop which bought a sweet F1 jacket (which will now be a collectors item as BMW has pulled out of F1).

Fourth event - ride with the pro. I think this one is pretty much self explanitory. The instructor had the car turned sideways most of the lap around the road course. I felt like I was in a drift race. That dude has great car control.

For anyone who has not had an opportunity to experience this, you gotta go. Totally worth the $$$$. Where else do you get to throw $100K + cars around a race track as fast as you can?
2012 Bianchi Infinito
2013 Cannondale Scalpel Factory Team
2005 CBR1000RR Moto GP West Replica - sold