Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC/SC - Off Road & Dual Sport Riders
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC/SC - Off Road & Dual Sport Riders A forum for dirt bike and dual-sport riders to post ride locations and events, news, fun rides and more.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2009, 10:58 PM
I am, "The Stig"

Benson Curb Monkey
Default Got to ride in New England this week...

I built a laser measuring machine to measure and profile scalpels used in eye surgery at the shop where I work, the machine needed to be delivered in Durham, Conneticutt last Monday.
This is the 'business end' of the measuring machine, showing the 'C frame' that holds the upper and lower lasers, the scalpel platform that moves with linear slides in the X and Y axis' and holds the scalpels and the self calibration bracket, and most notably shows the tiny digital Camera and Camera mount that I DESIGNED AND MACHINED PERSONALY...

So I got to rent a truck and take a trip.

I have friends all over the Country, so I drove the truck to Lebanon, Pennsylvania on Saturday(from my house in NC), to my good friend Justin's house(from Virginia beach when we both lived in Hampton Roads and rode street bikes together.)

I hit a lot of traffic, between Richmond and Washington DC due to it being the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

I spent the weekend, grilling food over the camp fire and exploring creeks and the woods in and around Lebanon, Penn.
Then Monday morning I continued up to Durham, Conneticutt and delivered the machine.

Saw a 1971 Monte, with a 454

My friend Justin and I took a hike next to the Swatara Creek in Lebanon, Pa...

I lived in Massachusetts from `96 to `01, and have good friends there. One of my best friends there Eric offered to put me up for the week, let me drive his brand new Tacoma all week, drink my fill off his Bass Ale keg, and ride his motorcycles all week while he was at work.

I went riding Tuesday by myself in New Hampshire, and stalled, and then dumped the Husky in a creek crossing. I had to walk back to the truck on the really rough trail for two hours. It wrecked my legs, and got dark just as I was coming to the truck.
I had to leave the bike in the woods all night, and then the next day, my friend Eric and I took two XR250's and road to the bike to dry it out and rescue the WXC610.
Turned out, 100 feet up the trail was a dirt road!!!!! If I would have walked forward on the trail instead of backwards I would have been able to walk out on a dirt road instead of the rough trail!!!!!
It also helped us when we had to ride double on the Husky to ride back and get the 1981 XR250 that we left on the trail after reviving the Husky.
It was a great day, an easy rescue and then we spent the entire day riding at one of my favorite places. I had two of my close New England friends with me and it was ONE HELL of a day....

My friend Dave from NH came with me both days.

His plan was to take Wednesday off and ride with me anyways.

Here is the slideshow with all the pics...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...view=slideshow