Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Bronze Member

madmotomike Curb Monkey
Default Re: Euro ADV ride

i would go to alaska with you guys but ...i figure the grizzles policy of "eating" the slow man out is NOT to place to take a single cylinder .."KICK START ONLY" 34 horsepower bike!! of course my bike is very light and this is good it is probably the only thing that will give me a fight'n chance to not get eaten.....figure i can kick start my thumper quicker than you guys with the monster heavywieght adventure bikes( gs, ktm,etc)can get you bikes unstuck from the melting permafrost and back on their wheels!!!

all that "fly by wire" throttle control trickery would scare me as well...my luck the damn thing would break as my bike fell on a moose and then WHERE WOULD I BE!!!
give me an old style cable throttle which gives me a fighting chance at effecting a serviceable repair...

the other thing is that my parents are from minnesota..land of ten thousand lakes and i have seeen with my own eyes the monstrous sized mousquitos that result .
i believe the "NORTH WEST TERRITORY AIR SHOW" would just be too much for my sr500 and i to deal with...especially since i have more "target" area than the rest of you lads . mousqito netting hell! i want some synchronized AAA guns to 'tect me!!

how fast can a grizzly bear actually run?! not an issue for you panzer bike riders but for a guy depending on a two valve kick start yamaha sr500....it could become an issue..

any way it sounds like a great trip BUT i uninvited myself ---the thought of my thumper and i trying to match rapid rick's bmw freght train as it rolls across the lower 48 state at 80-100 mph; just makes me tired.

i wonder if i could fly to alaska ..buy a local klr250/650 ..ride with ya'll and then ride home?! it worked great from oregon 13 years ago..?

best wishes

madmotomike