Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Angry Fathers day...humbug

Guys,
This one started out to be another fine Carolina Riders day.....Was to meet up with the guys at the Golden Corral for a run up to the Brewery.....This can route out three or four ways depending on LEO presence or bicyclist in the out back.....Matt even had a day off and was to ride....I was looking forward to breaking in the new to me Diablos I had shod my VFR with.....
Hearty break, a low battery I had hoped I could hook up my 10 amp charger for a few then at least catch up with the guys enroute but it was not to be.....
I really didn't want to take the injured ST out til the parts come in for it...
Then I thought I'll jump the VFR with the ST....no luck there either so out with the tool kit and pull the battery from the stricken red one..... On the charger it went......click of the rocker switch and powet coursed through the
battery!!! not enough,nut wait it ought to build up shortly....it did after about
a half hour it showed 12.5 volts...sucess I'm in business...Too late for the run to the Brewery so I thought where to go??????? The southerly route Don has laid out for us.....hadn't been out on B.N.R. in a while{local boys know what I mean} a great stretch of tarmac with several nifty turns along it.....Mean time I put the VFR back to gether, gear up and head out towards the south side....Cruising through the Haymount area I live in one need pay attention to the 25 mph speed zone set up by local law as they patrol this I suppose to supplemenbt the Cities coffers.....I make my way to the MLK on ramp and shower down on my VFR , I love the gear driven cam sound almost as much as the exhaust note it plays out......I took a glimpse down to check speed ,it is 60 on the MLK, another spot to be aware on.....
Shazam the f'n Fi lamp is lit up bright red......I backed off the throttle and made my way back to the house.....not sure if it was a fault from the battery
I took it easy and got back switched it off,on and hit the starter button and she fired right up w/ no light.....I'm thinking just a lectric glitch...but no ,it came back on as I was cruising Mcpherson Ch Rd......I'm homeward bound not knowing what could be wrong with my lil hot rod ...its not surging, stumbling, nothing negative in the run ....When I got home I parked it up in the "Old Guys Garage" and began reading the shop manual....there is a 1/2 inch thick chapter that concerns itself with how many flashing lights from the Pgm Fi light indicator.....you count......mean time Nan is home from church, with news of the family gtg I need to get ready for.....humbug
Looks like I'll be getting back to my VFR one day this week...looking forward to counting the flashing lights to find out what I need to correct to extinguish that blasted Fi light......next time I'll get me some of them Diablos.......
Rod

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850