Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Charlotte, Greensboro/Central NC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Charlotte, Greensboro/Central NC This forum is for Charlotte, Greensboro and Central NC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Meat Popsicle

DucatiJeff Faster Pace Than MostDucatiJeff Faster Pace Than MostDucatiJeff Faster Pace Than MostDucatiJeff Faster Pace Than MostDucatiJeff Faster Pace Than MostDucatiJeff Faster Pace Than Most
Default Car Wreck

I never got around to posting my most recent exciting event in my life but I'm really thankful to still be kicking and breathing. Sorry to those who PMd me and I wasn't able to reply promptly. Off all of the meds now and just dealing with the pain. Drugs always have side effects and I fould that out first hand.

On Jan 11 at about 9:00AM I was entering the left turning lane on Elm Lane to make a left turn onto Blakeney Heath taking my 80 year old mom to a Drs. appointment. A lady driving a 2007 White Toyata Sequoia apparently ran the stop sign and veered right crossing the double yellow line straight for me. My mom and I experienced the heartstopping explosion of airbag deployment, extraction from the car by fire, police and parmedics then our first ambulance ride ever. Some of it is a blur but after a day at hospital and some really good drugs for pain - we were both back home starting the recovery process. Still without a car and enduring the long drawn out process of property damage and personal injury claims against the lady's insurance company.

I'm just damn glad that I wasn't on a motorcycle. I wouldn't be here now. Keep a careful eye out on the highways!