Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > SC - Mountains/Greenville-Spartanburg
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SC - Mountains/Greenville-Spartanburg This forum is for Western and Greenville, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:40 PM

PGWelch Curb Monkey
Default Highway 178 Pics - Oct. 4, 2009

The pics won't be up until Monday evening. I had some honeydo's when I got home. Today was kind of slow considering the weather. Football season? The pair of troopers that Terry told me about at the store made another run up and down 178. They stopped to talked for about 10 minutes. No hassles about anything. They were actually very friendly. Maybe they just wanted their picture taken .
Old 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM

USMCSVRider Curb Monkey
Default Re: Highway 178 Pics - Oct. 4, 2009

Dang, think you got a few of me... The friend following me was mad because you followed me al the way through on the way down, and didn't get him... LOL... The troopers seemed to ruin the day for a few... Drive/Ride safe... I know of one accident today at the bottom of 276... No fatalities/serious injuries, but the bike is toast...
Old 10-04-2009, 10:46 PM
The Motorcycle Whore

Desmo Demon Rides in Straight Lines Only

Patrick,

Sorry for the large group shooting through without much space between them. The group wound up being larger than we expected. Maybe you got a couple of good pictures. I thought about trying to make it through on the way back, but my front tire seemed to keep sliding on me and we planned a different route once we came back down for NC. Strangely, when we dropped down to only five members of the group, four of the five of us were complaining about the tires sliding. I wonder if it was due to the colder pavement and lack of the sun being out to heat things up...and we were tryign to treat the road like a 90+ degree day. Hopefully, we'll see you the next time you are out. Take care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCSVRider
I know of one accident today at the bottom of 276... No fatalities/serious injuries, but the bike is toast...
That makes three for today that I have heard of.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:05 PM

PGWelch Curb Monkey

Terry,

I got a couple of good ones of you. There was a rider that came through about 2 seconds ahead of you that I had taken a series of pictures of. When your group arrived the pictures were still being written to memory and I couldn't get everyone in your group. I cut Vicki in half and blurred the hell out of her. I think I managed to get one picture of everyone in the group. At least you didn't have a wreck today.

Patrick
Old 10-05-2009, 05:37 AM

NKDBKrider Curb Monkey
Send a message via Yahoo to NKDBKrider

He didn't have any problems other than the tire issue, but I was was the unfortunate one in the group to go down this time. Luckily there wasnt much damage to either the bike or myself.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:48 AM
The Motorcycle Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGWelch
I got a couple of good ones of you. There was a rider that came through about 2 seconds ahead of you that I had taken a series of pictures of. .....I cut Vicki in half and blurred the hell out of her. I think I managed to get one picture of everyone in the group. At least you didn't have a wreck today.
That was John in front of me. I tried to get some distance between me and him, but when I was coming through the curve, I saw you had your back to me and was still taking pictures of him....Not surprising for pictures of Vicki. She always complains that she doesn't take a good picture. We'll have to make sure you are up there in a week or two and maybe have her bring her Monster through a few times for the club magazine article.......Yeah, glad I didn't crash. I'm down to my last good helmet.

I hope Tony is feeling OK today. He actually jumped his CBR off an angle rock in thr ground for more than 20 feet by what I measured off. Apparantly, he forgot the bike didn't have the "Missions Impossible" street-tires-to-knobby-tire option.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:58 AM

NKDBKrider Curb Monkey
Send a message via Yahoo to NKDBKrider

I am feeling pretty good today considering what I did. Once I got up and moving around this morning everything started to loosen up and wasnt nearly as sore.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:01 PM
The Motorcycle Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKDBKrider
I am feeling pretty good today considering what I did. Once I got up and moving around this morning everything started to loosen up and wasnt nearly as sore.
Good to hear!

Old 10-05-2009, 06:34 PM
yama raida

STRETCH Curb Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGWelch
The pics won't be up until Monday evening. .
Attached Images
File Type: gif Impatient_rat.gif (7.6 KB, 42 views)
Old 10-05-2009, 06:45 PM

PGWelch Curb Monkey

The pics are up!!! The pics are up!!! Are you happy now Stretch?

NKDB sorry to hear about you going down. I'm glad everything seems to be OK.

Terry, Let me know when. If you know of a a spot that might work better for what you and Vicki are wanting let me know.