Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER COMMUNITIES > NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NC - Raleigh-Durham, Eastern/Coastal NC/SC This forum is for Raleigh, Durham, Fayetteville, Wilmington, NC and Coastal NC/OBX,Myrtle Beach, and Hilton Head, SC area members, events, meetings, and rides.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Thumbs up MMM2014 its run n done

Hey Guys,
Well its over, run n done we went, we saw, we conquered....well we rode the trails. There were different levels of competency and incompetency levels of trails as well as riders....Many of the trails that had been laid out were in fact roads used by the motoring public ...some far far from the beaten path. Upon arrival we established our camp albeit too close to
some attendees and luckily enough close to new friends, cant remember last names but if any of them that find their way to our page....Brent, Leigh, Randy, Roy, Julio..... It was indeed our pleasure to make your acquaintance.
The site is awesome, right down flat in a valley, and when they said no phone signals they weren't kidding ...The entrance is conventional over a bridge but for the willing there is a stream crossing point.....They did have a vendor area and it looked like a Klim convention at times.....The host Mickie came through our camp and introduced himself to us, a most gracious host if I ever met one .....The stunt riders, trials were very good, Duayne you would have enjoyed that a lot.....The site filled quickly and we except for a few troublesome sorts had a great site location....like Clapton said there is always one in every group....The first two days were nice , overcast with high humidity which left the roads in very good condition, which can not be said for Saturday, rain and more rain....We had choices of rides to take and Rick had signed himself and Mike up for a single track ride, Mike who chose wisely grasshopper and did the mixed dual sport ride ....It would be a shame to not think his mighty KLX not worthy to be run with mid sized endures....for sure...Our tour started out up the Cherohala then down an off shoot from it through some quite primitive camping areas with slightly improved gravel roads. The pack led by a Robbinsville native aboard a mighty XR 650...this was a group that ended up getting mixed up with several groups of larger and some entry level bikes and riders, DR200s XT200/225 many with stock tires and riding with GS's, I recall a 1190 many fully dressed GS models a Trumpet and as nice as they were some were nearly no match for one section of trail our fearless leader took us down, to a cabin in the middle of no where, as the last vehicle to make it to where we were was a tracked dozer....The dirt and clay composition of brown color mixed with a heavy dose of rain and leaves made the going for the giants to effect egress should have been filmed....I must admit the mighty KTM1190
made the most impressive exit, followed by the leader riding my Terra to the top of the hill...first try....
From my point of view and close watch the K60 is not the tire for brown dirt clay uphill travel....at all....just my opinion nothing more.....
We were fed by a support staff that manned a cooking station that consisted of no less than four five foot flat iron grills...the fare one evening was "coon ass dogs" or a loaded bologna sammich.....that was pretty darned good to me.....one night there was soup and cassidillas, and the soup had a good kick to it.....It has already been suggested that we plan for next year, and I agree 100%. Anyone who had any reservations about this event can put them aside , as there were rides for every level of rider, we were met with like minded individuals from all over and some from right there in Tellico.
I'll try to post a few shots not too many I don't want to spoil the production video that is forthcoming in the next few days....For my friends that didn't make the journey .....there is next year, we HAVE GOT TO GO and ride TELLICO......and maybe a closer version nearer to Asheville so for now I got to get busy round here catching up on all left un done these last few days, but I look to our next ride
Rod
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MarchMotoMadness 028.JPG (138.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MarchMotoMadness 029.JPG (138.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MarchMotoMadness 035.JPG (136.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg MarchMotoMadness 032.JPG (138.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg MarchMotoMadness 037.JPG (138.3 KB, 3 views)

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850