Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > Greasy Garage and Happy Thoughts
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Greasy Garage and Happy Thoughts This is a forum for those who enjoy sharing happy thoughts. Humor, general gab, or just quiet calm thoughts. It's the Greasy Garage so grab a beer, pull up a chair and relax.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2011, 07:28 PM

up_on1 Curb Monkey
Default Speeding ticket advice from law enforcement or lawyer would be nice

I know itís a little late for me to be asking since I have to be in court tomorrow but Iíll check this site tonight before I go to bed and first thing tomorrow morning. I was issued a ticket for 84mph in 70 and I have a clean driving record prior to this ticket and that would be 4 points on my license. I was advised by one lawyer to see the Officer who wrote me the ticket and ask him to please reduce it to 9mph over so that it will just be just 2 points on my license. I was also advised if the Officer doesnít want to help me out to ask the clerk for a trial by jury.

The Officer who wrote me the ticket is different than the one who clocked me with radar gun since Iím not sure that is going to make a difference as who needs to be in the court house.

What if the police officer who wrote me the ticket doesnít show up in court?

Another lawyer advised me to ask to have my ticket changed from speeding to careless driving since it doesnít carry any points but the fine is higher fine.

Does it sound like I was giving good advice?

Thanks