Welcome to the Carolinas favorite motorcycle rider social networking site Unregistered
Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums  

Go Back   Carolina Riders & Riders of the Carolinas Forums > RIDER'S HUDDLE > Greasy Garage and Happy Thoughts
FAQ VB Image Host Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Greasy Garage and Happy Thoughts This is a forum for those who enjoy sharing happy thoughts. Humor, general gab, or just quiet calm thoughts. It's the Greasy Garage so grab a beer, pull up a chair and relax.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 AM
Superior Member

rodm850g Rides in Straight Lines Only
Talking Re: Motorcycle Dealership Employee....Stories from behind the counter

Guys,
Seems like there were more than a few of us "lucky" to be in the moto business
I spent 20 or so yrs at it over here in the Ville, small shops,dealerships in parts
sales and I must say I enjoyed it a lot...Some of the stories we used to hear on the sales floor would make you laugh and some cry but the funny did out weigh the sad....like the guy who was so wet behind the ears proclaiming his past racing motorcycles while looking over the newest 1000cc sport bike then getting on for a test sit from the right side......and asking was it a automatic.
It always amazed me that some guys would come in and ask about bikes that would be good entry lever machines for guys their ages and sizes.....
I would go into a list of bikes citing, EX500,SV650to mention a few then have exhausted all that to be told by same kid with the wet ears "Oh I wanted a Ninja
or a GSXR"...usually for a first bike.....I got to admit though I always cautioned to save some cash for saftey gear.....minimum jacket,gloves ,helmet....
On a side note one evening out killing some time with my bride cruising the blvd
we see a group of young guys on the latest alphabet bikes,going from light to light, some poppin wheelies, some jus going fast...Out of nowhere my Wife said to me "you ought to talk to them" I just blew her off til the second time she said it....just imagine if you will,its late Spring in the Ville guys home from some deployment, getting ready for one, these guys are all pumped new bikes
couple of them were two up.....at the next light I rolled down my window,asked Wifey what she smelled? I asked her do you smell all the testosterone out there? These young guys are pumped to believe in themselves to be life takers, they are jumping out of airplanes and most of them not old enough to drink, I told her I thought they were doing relatively well,don't sweat it.....Life in the moto world glad I got to be a part of it.....
Rod

15 Surprise
13 TR 650 {Terra}
04 ST1300
99 VFR800
80 GS1000{project}
79 GS850